Another site that I will not name posted this

Breaking News: Photo ID is Being Required for Annual Passholders with Magic Bands

They said two of their reporters had to show ID, then they showed a sign instructing DRIVERS to have IDs ready to show.

47576458_2174319339446458_6071001947240923136_n-600x450.jpg

The sign was before the toll plaza!  All they are doing is enforcing the old way of getting into the parking lot.  They had become lax recently about showing ID if they scanned you band.  last 8 or 9 times I drove I think I only showed ID once.

And they changed the original post and added (parking lot) after the word gate.

With their blaring headlines and deceptive wording, they made it sound like you had to show ID at the scanners into the park themselves.

11 hours ago, tim5055 said:

Here now, after the first lots two asked us for I’d I just have them both out now.  So far nobody has actually looked closely at anything.

Same with us.  Actually... during our last visit, 80% of the time, the gate attendant just looked at our magic band (didn't even scan it) and waved us through.  No joke.

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

To me the question is...

who cares?

so what if you have to show an ID.

We don’t drive that often to the parks and i don’t ever remember them asking for an ID.  So if they ask me next time, I’ll show them an ID. Big freaking deal. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

To me the question is...

who cares?

so what if you have to show an ID.

We don’t drive that often to the parks and i don’t ever remember them asking for an ID.  So if they ask me next time, I’ll show them an ID. Big freaking deal. 

It seems the site used the glaring headlines about showing ID as click bait.

After they got a few negative comments, they changed the body of the story to reflect it was the parking lots (which always used to ask for ID) but they kept the somewhat misleading headline.

And I don't mind showing ID, but of course with Disney their procedures are never consistent.