Thoughts on the Fort

Well, this has been a nice visit. We got to meet folks we have only met on line which was nice.

So far the golf carts seem to be u Det control, I’ve yet to see anything horrendous. But, I guess because of the holidays I see a lot I what looks like folks looping in cars. 

The weeknights were great, then Friday arrived. A group took over the two sites next to us. On one site they have 3 large tents and on the second site they have a Class “A” and a pop up in front of it. I can’t even start to co7 t the number of people they have. We are in an inside site on the loop and last night they set up a large fire pit (no cover) out in the natural area behind the sites and had a huge fire.  They seem nice enough and the music/noise was under control around 11, but the certainly have taken over this part of the loop. 

The rangers seem to be overlooking a lot more than they did in the past as multiple sites have multiple vehicles parked any which way. So,far the only ranger I saw do anything to anyone was to ask someone who parked on the side of the road across from the dog park. The ranger said golf carts are OK there, but not cars. 

I returned home Tuesday the 4th, I do a lot of looping and hanging out at night. This trip i was surprised at the amount of Rangers and cast members on golf carts riding around the loops. They appeared to be policing the loops for rowdy folks. It lasted till around 10-10:30 then i noticed it tapered off but by then most folks were where they needed to be. Just an observation. Maybe they were just out spotting deer 🤔

Tom yelled at a girl a few days ago looping around and playing her music way too loud. We could hear her 2 loops over. He yelled at her 3 times to turn it down. We haven't heard anything since. Dog park has been interesting. Lots of little fur babies there with their high matience mommies and daddies hovering over them. It has really spolied a lot of fun dog romping. Lots of security seen all over the place. Many uber drivers getting pulled over at the settlement drop off.

2 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Tom yelled at a girl a few days ago looping around and playing her music way too loud. We could hear her 2 loops over. He yelled at her 3 times to turn it down. We haven't heard anything since. Dog park has been interesting. Lots of little fur babies there with their high matience mommies and daddies hovering over them. It has really spolied a lot of fun dog romping. Lots of security seen all over the place. Many uber drivers getting pulled over at the settlement drop off.

Speaking of music, did you hear all the oldies being played night before last?  I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from and then yesterday walking her dogs along the canal I found the source. We walked the can from the 1800 loop and when we got to the gate at the end there was a huge tent set up on the fairway of the Four Seasons golf course next door. They were in the process of taking it down, so it was just a one night shindig. Someone paid big bucks for that party as this was not your run of the mill tent. It had HVAC and metal/glass doors.  I watched them disassembling the doors and it took two good sized guys to move one door. 

Like I told you at your site, we met that one helicopter parent to his dog at the dog park, so we have been avoiding it. We have been riding the golf cart to the dirt lot past the group camp8ng area, walking across the street and taking the dogs down the levee along the canal. We actually walked down to the back side of the STOL Port. I have only ever seen it from the road, but from the back side there are permanent construction buildings back there. I had to look it up on the satellite view to see where we were. I was surprised, form the campground it was only a 3/4 mile walk one way.   

19 hours ago, tim5055 said:

Speaking of music, did you hear all the oldies being played night before last?  I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from and then yesterday walking her dogs along the canal I found the source. We walked the can from the 1800 loop and when we got to the gate at the end there was a huge tent set up on the fairway of the Four Seasons golf course next door. They were in the process of taking it down, so it was just a one night shindig. Someone paid big bucks for that party as this was not your run of the mill tent. It had HVAC and metal/glass doors.  I watched them disassembling the doors and it took two good sized guys to move one door. 

Like I told you at your site, we met that one helicopter parent to his dog at the dog park, so we have been avoiding it. We have been riding the golf cart to the dirt lot past the group camp8ng area, walking across the street and taking the dogs down the levee along the canal. We actually walked down to the back side of the STOL Port. I have only ever seen it from the road, but from the back side there are permanent construction buildings back there. I had to look it up on the satellite view to see where we were. I was surprised, form the campground it was only a 3/4 mile walk one way.   

Missed the oldies tunes. Crazy that you could hear it over here. I can't imagine what it would have been on spot. We have never walked that direction, will have to check it out along with your other path. We have been avoiding the dog park as well. 

9 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Tom really likes your sign out front. Where did you get it?

Warren Trutwin

https://www.flickr.com/photos/baylake/

He has lots of options, and will modify images if you like. He does single sided, double sided and optional woods over the normal pine. 

I want ant to say it took 6 weeks from order to delivery, but Christmas is his busy season. I can’t remember the cost, a couple hundred I think. Payment up front via PayPal. 

Well, I knew it was time to go when the Fort charged my card last night for incendentals.....

We were up a little after 5 for Felica to pack a few things and for me to load the golf cart. She left around 6 headed home.  As it stands our house has been without power for 24 hours now. One of the neighbors called and was told to expect 2 - 3 days more without power. Felica is going to drive they and hopefully get the generator going. She has never started it, so I’m crossing my fingers. 

On a a good day without stops it’s about 8 hours without stops, so she has a drive ahead of her

Once the sun is up I’ll start packing up and get on the road. Until I know how the roads are I’m not driving into the mountains. I made a reservation in Perry Georgia for the night and I’ll take it home Tuesday is the roads are clear. 

Crossing my fingers that the power is back on before Felica gets home. 

2 hours ago, tim5055 said:

Warren Trutwin

https://www.flickr.com/photos/baylake/

He has lots of options, and will modify images if you like. He does single sided, double sided and optional woods over the normal pine. 

I want ant to say it took 6 weeks from order to delivery, but Christmas is his busy season. I can’t remember the cost, a couple hundred I think. Payment up front via PayPal. 

Awesome thank you.

OK, Felica made it home without issue towing the golf cart. I stopped in Elko, GA so that I can time my trip they ATLANTA tomorrow. Today I would have hit it at rush, so no go.

I stopped at Twin Oaks RV park. Just off I-75 at exit 127. Lots of pull thru sites.  Seems to be a nice place. It even has a small dog park area. I seem to have timed it perfectly, as soon as I was in my site and dropped the stabilizer and it started to rain. I’ll relax tonight, start 9ish in the morning and slide thru ATL after the morning rush. 

http://twinoaksrvpark.com/