When making reservations you can ask to be assigned to a specific loop, and they will even note a specific favorite site, but remember nothing is guaranteed!  

I would never fax anything until 4 days before arrival.  Until that time the Disney reservation system still has the reservation.  At the 4 day point it is released to the resort for “room” assignment.  If you fax it too early it just gives it a chance to get lost.

Reception Outpost Fax     407-824-3508

Now, with that said I will give you my personal opinion.  Make your site selection known when you make your reservation so they can note it on your reservation.  You are much better off requesting the things you like about the site/loop rather than the site/loop itself. For example, if you like the site because it is near a comfort station, then request that, if you like it because it is in the back of the loop and is quieter request that. The problem with asking for a specific site/loop is that the site assigners really don't know why you wanted that site/loop. If your request  is not available they really don't know what you might find as a comparable site. 

Here is my “sample” fax:

Disney’s Fort Wilderness  Resort

Via Fax - 407-824-3508

Attn: Site Assignment Team

Friday, February 15, 2018

Resort Confirmation# (????????)

Howdy!

On (February ??), my Family and I will be arriving Fort Wilderness  Resort

We would be most grateful if you could possibly accommodate a few requests for 

(?????  Loop)

(????) Site

We have reserved a (Partial/Full Hook Up/Preferred/Premium campsite and have a (?????) camper. (At the very least, make sure they have the following information)

Type of camping unit (i.e. trailer, tent, motorhome/coach etc.)

Length of your entire rig including tow vehicles and toads

Number/location of all awnings

Number/location of all slides

We really love being close to a (bathouse/bus stop or whatever reason for that loop/site) and it would be very magical to receive any pixie dust if at all possible. 

We understand that these are requests but if you can help us out to the best of your abilities we would be grateful. We  appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more magical.

Thanks,

Name ???

e-mail ???

Phone ?????