Gas Golf Carts no longer allowed?

I believe back in the dark ages, gas carts were not allowed.  My brother in law brought his and got stopped a couple times by rangers.

But we were at the Fort last night and saw (an heard) plenty of gas carts.  So if they are no longer allowed either the word didn't get passed around, they aren't enforcing it, or it's not quite a true statement.

Also saw a cart accident across from the Castle in 703.  Someone in a cart ran just about full speed into the back of a parked cart.

We all know how reliable the answer you get from "the front desk" at the Fort can be (oy) but I haven't heard about any official change in the policy. This is the PDF of the rules sheet on the official Disney site - presumably it's current - and there's no mention of gas carts not being allowed - https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/places-to-stay/cabins-at-fort-wilderness/Vehicles_Carts_and_Recreational_Devices_Rules_and_Regulations.pdf

From the PDF, this is the entire Private Cart Rules sections...

"PRIVATE CART RULES
• Follow General Vehicle and General Cart Rules above.
• Must be golf style carts; Off-road, ATV, utility or construction-type carts are not permitted.
• Must have maximum speed not to exceed 20 MPH.
• Must be equipped with head and tail lights to operate after dusk."

20 hours ago, Travisma said:

I believe back in the dark ages, gas carts were not allowed.  My brother in law brought his and got stopped a couple times by rangers.

But we were at the Fort last night and saw (an heard) plenty of gas carts.  So if they are no longer allowed either the word didn't get passed around, they aren't enforcing it, or it's not quite a true statement.

Also saw a cart accident across from the Castle in 703.  Someone in a cart ran just about full speed into the back of a parked cart.

How old was the driver?

Thanks for the information. I am well aware of how the "Front Desk" information seems to come out of thin air. I am also aware that some people on the interwebs believe that they are always correct and will not believe anything that is contradictory to their statement. 

12 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

From the PDF, this is the entire Private Cart Rules sections...

"PRIVATE CART RULES
• Follow General Vehicle and General Cart Rules above.
• Must be golf style carts; Off-road, ATV, utility or construction-type carts are not permitted.
• Must have maximum speed not to exceed 20 MPH.
• Must be equipped with head and tail lights to operate after 

Thanks Mo hope this hold true.

The vehicle rules ( more like guidelines) posted at the Meadows and Settlement bulletin boards make no mention of gas carts not being permitted. (as of 12/1/18 when we checked out)

However the 16 year old guideline is still being requested though it is not being observed by many guests.  Plenty of carts we observed didn't have a 16 year old anywhere near them.

A gas cart with a factory exhaust system isn't  much louder than a battery powered cart. And when they're lifted with big mud tires. you can't tell which is which over the sound of the rumbling tires.  LOL