Well, I wish I had seen this before I made fastpass res for that day.  Though, time-wise we can make it back to watch the golf cart parade. I have a tickets question though and am not finding my answer on Disney's site.

The youngest & I have park hopper passes, but the eldest only wanted to do EPCOT, so he just has a base ticket. Of course the day I did EPCOT fastpasses is Christmas Eve. Can he leave and return to the park later? 

Thanks!

Also, anyone doing the 5k? Can I do that and then walk around EPCOT all day? hmmm

3 hours ago, CJHokie said:

Well, I wish I had seen this before I made fastpass res for that day.  Though, time-wise we can make it back to watch the golf cart parade. I have a tickets question though and am not finding my answer on Disney's site.

The youngest & I have park hopper passes, but the eldest only wanted to do EPCOT, so he just has a base ticket. Of course the day I did EPCOT fastpasses is Christmas Eve. Can he leave and return to the park later? 

Thanks!

Also, anyone doing the 5k? Can I do that and then walk around EPCOT all day? hmmm

A base such as your eldest has can leave and return to the same park as many times as they want in that same day. 

33 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

A base such as your eldest has can leave and return to the same park as many times as they want in that same day. 

Thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to confirm!

PS - I know last time we were there at Christmas they shut down some of the parks (maybe just MK though) when they got too crowded. Do you think there is a chance that if we leave EPCOT that day we won't be able to get back in later?

Edited by CJHokie
ETA more questions!
3 hours ago, CJHokie said:

Thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to confirm!

PS - I know last time we were there at Christmas they shut down some of the parks (maybe just MK though) when they got too crowded. Do you think there is a chance that if we leave EPCOT that day we won't be able to get back in later?

Even when the phased closures have hit they have been lifted later in the day. While I can't predict with 100 percent accuracy ( I would buy lottery tickets far more if I could) I think you will be ok going back later on. 

10 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Even when the phased closures have hit they have been lifted later in the day. While I can't predict with 100 percent accuracy ( I would buy lottery tickets far more if I could) I think you will be ok going back later on. 

Agree with Jason that your odds are good. Epcot holds a ton of people and I can't remember seeing a phased park closure there for Christmas any time in recent years.

8 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Agree with Jason that your odds are good. Epcot holds a ton of people and I can't remember seeing a phased park closure there for Christmas any time in recent years.

And I agree with both Jason and Mo. You don't need to worry about getting shut out of Epcot  

Don't forget that closures happen in phases, and Disney resort guests are not excluded in phase 1 through 3 closures. There has only been one phase 4 closure at any WDW park in the last ten years, and that was at MK on an Easter weekend in 2009.

You can read about park closures here: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/capacity-closures

TCD