2019 ticket price increase

There doesn't appear to be a 1 day ticket for under $100 anymore. I went out to the WDW site and the cheapest I could find was $109 but I didn't spend a lot of time digging for other prices.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/breaking-disneyland-resort-rolls-out-monumental-ticket-price-increases-ahead-of-star-wars-galaxys-edge-opening/

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just saw the Disney land premier pass went to $1,949.00  

Boing Boing: Ahead of new Star Wars land, Disneyland raises pass prices by up to 25%.
https://boingboing.net/2019/01/06/winner-take-all.html

I read somewhere that it was over a $300 price increase.

But that pass is also good at WDW.

Our Silver passes expire in March, so I'm going to renew as soon as my 60 days comes around and hopefully beat a price increase.

Just now, Strawberry Moon said:

I wish they would sell 1/2 day passes. That would alleviate the crowds as well.

I wish they would offer admission only passes like the good old days and then you could purchase what rides you want to go on.

My wife and I are happy just walking around, catching some shows and the parades.

10 minutes ago, keith_h said:

We'd like that as we tend to only spend 4-6 hours at the parks, mostly in the evening.

Yep. Part of the problem with the huge expense of the daily pass is that we feel like we need to stay way more hours than we really want, and that makes for some grumpy people in my family (mainly me). And thus more crowds as others may stay too long as well.

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just saw the Disney land premier pass went to $1,949.00  

Boing Boing: Ahead of new Star Wars land, Disneyland raises pass prices by up to 25%.
https://boingboing.net/2019/01/06/winner-take-all.html

That is now double what we paid for that pass in 2015. We got ours for about 980 including tax. We really enjoyed that year, several trips to WDW and the Fort, and then an almost 2 week trip out to Disneyland and Hollywood.

For anyone planning to visit DL until May 23, Undercover Tourist  has 3, 4 and 5 day promo PH tickets available with savings between $118-$131...
"Valid for admission January 7, 2019 - May 23, 2019. Blackout dates apply. Tickets include one Magic Morning early admission at Disneyland Park for one full hour before the park opens to the general public on select days."

https://www.undercovertourist.com/los-angeles/disneyland-resort/?pid=G0ODPLACE

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Per person??!:blink:

Makes my Platinum SeaWorld Entertainment  Group pass seem like chump change.  $11 a month for all SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, water parks and Sesame Place.  When we bought them they were about $225 for two years and we put it on the monthly plan and have kept it going.

For $1900 it should be good for every Disney Park!!

And it's not just Disney... back before HP opened at Universal, you could buy an AP for a little over $200 (a little over 8 years ago) - we did once and used it over 2 trips.  They've now got variable date pricing also and a one day, 2 park ticket with tax costs almost $200.

6 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Hmmm...that a couple of plane tickets with it!  Wow.  Oh well, maybe if you're rich and have a ton of free time.  LOL

If you look at the $1949 ticket differently, it's only $5.34 a day, the cost of a Starbucks.

I bet a lot of people spend more than $5.34 a day on coffee or lunch, or a beer or two.

That's how Disney bean counters justify the cost!

We are thinking of getting a season ticket for the Cedar Fair parks this year, at only $200 a person and we might be able to visit a minimum of 4 of their parks in our travel plans I now feel like I am getting a bargain, now if the Cedar Point campground was cheaper I would be really happy. Cheapest rate I could find  for when we would want to visit is around $125 a night.

Wait till they announce the date of galaxy edge opening at Hollywood studios. I’m sure Florida will experience a rate increase also. This is the last year for AP for us. We downgraded from gold to silver and it’s still too much for us.  An AP is still a great deal compared to single day tickets.  We’re just over all the huge increases and crowds. From fort prices to ticket prices they are just pushing us out

17 hours ago, Travisma said:

If you look at the $1949 ticket differently, it's only $5.34 a day, the cost of a Starbucks.

I bet a lot of people spend more than $5.34 a day on coffee or lunch, or a beer or two.

That's how Disney bean counters justify the cost!

Ha.... Disney should hire you ;)   

9 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

From fort prices to ticket prices they are just pushing us out

Us too. As that is SO hard for me to say.  

We'll be in Orlando twice this year (May and December).  We won't stay at the Fort (crying) nor will we visit the parks (sniffles); that's hard for me to accept.  Unfortunately, it is the reality.  We do plan to visit Fiends at the Fort however, as well as eat on property (not in the parks of course) a few times so, we're hoping that will help with the heartache some.  We simply don't have the $5k - $7k this year to make two decent trips (10 nights) to the Fort and the parks.  We've budgeted under $3k for trips this year... but that will include several local trips, 4 trips to FL, 1 trip to KY and 5 trips to Pigeon Forge/Dollywood.   All in all, still 45-60 nights in the camper.  Less than years past but... gotta do what you can do.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:56 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Us too. As that is SO hard for me to say.  

We'll be in Orlando twice this year (May and December).  We won't stay at the Fort (crying) nor will we visit the parks (sniffles); that's hard for me to accept.  Unfortunately, it is the reality.  We do plan to visit Fiends at the Fort however, as well as eat on property (not in the parks of course) a few times so, we're hoping that will help with the heartache some.  We simply don't have the $5k - $7k this year to make two decent trips (10 nights) to the Fort and the parks.  We've budgeted under $3k for trips this year... but that will include several local trips, 4 trips to FL, 1 trip to KY and 5 trips to Pigeon Forge/Dollywood.   All in all, still 45-60 nights in the camper.  Less than years past but... gotta do what you can do.

We live in FL and actually bought season passes for Dollywood.  I will take that park over Disney 10 times over

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We're looking forward to learning about the park... and trying the water park.  

INC and I got to Dollywood in November without kids.   We had a blast.   I love bringing my girls there, but this was the first time we've done a theme park without them and it was fantastic.   We only rode 4 rides.... walked around, listened to music, hit Aunt Granny's for lunch.   All awesome. 

5 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

We live in FL and actually bought season passes for Dollywood.  I will take that park over Disney 10 times over

Dollywood is on our list of a place to go to. I'm hoping to line it up with a change of colors trip this fall with a couple of days in Chattanooga to visit the Tennessee Valley Railroad.