2019 ticket price increase

4 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

INC and I got to Dollywood in November without kids.   We had a blast.   I love bringing my girls there, but this was the first time we've done a theme park without them and it was fantastic.   We only rode 4 rides.... walked around, listened to music, hit Aunt Granny's for lunch.   All awesome. 

Before we went last time, you convinced me to buy that bread... never again.  I ended up buying two more.  I think the "trick", is to not buy the first one ;)

14 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Before we went last time, you convinced me to buy that bread... never again.  I ended up buying two more.  I think the "trick", is to not buy the first one ;)

We only got one loaf last time.   The line was about 45 minutes.  I won't ever wait that long for a ride at WDW but think nothing of waiting for Dolly's cinnamon bread.  

10 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

We only got one loaf last time.   The line was about 45 minutes.  I won't ever wait that long for a ride at WDW but think nothing of waiting for Dolly's cinnamon bread.  

Yeah... our "problem", is we grabbed the last two loves at closing (so there was minimal line). 

Blinders next time.  Blinders.

21 hours ago, keith_h said:

Dollywood is on our list of a place to go to. I'm hoping to line it up with a change of colors trip this fall with a couple of days in Chattanooga to visit the Tennessee Valley Railroad. 

Be sure you coordinate that trip to TN around the annual Defeated Creek GG. This typically occurs mid to late September. 

On 1/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Be sure you coordinate that trip to TN around the annual Defeated Creek GG. This typically occurs mid to late September. 

I'll keep it in mind. Since we want to be there for the color change it is most likely we will be going up in October. Need to finish up this years's spring trip planning/reservations before I work on the fall trip.

I know six flags is not Disney but I pay 7.00 a month for my membership. I can use it at any of the parks plus several times they offer bring a friend free. Plus this year they stayed open till January 1st. Not all the rides were open but they had a really impressive lights and decorations. With that said we love Disney and will keep paying to go.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:39 PM, Travisma said:

If you look at the $1949 ticket differently, it's only $5.34 a day, the cost of a Starbucks.

I bet a lot of people spend more than $5.34 a day on coffee or lunch, or a beer or two.

That's how Disney bean counters justify the cost!

On 1/8/2019 at 8:52 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ha.... Disney should hire you ;)   

Yes! Work at Disney, salaried is best, then you can 'get in free' most of the time.  There are block out dates. .  But even hourly cast members get free entry.  With guests it's not as often.

Of course the pay is less than you are probably use to receiving. 🙄

On 1/11/2019 at 6:06 PM, DaveInTN said:

INC and I got to Dollywood in November without kids.   We had a blast.   I love bringing my girls there, but this was the first time we've done a theme park without them and it was fantastic.   We only rode 4 rides.... walked around, listened to music, hit Aunt Granny's for lunch.   All awesome. 

We only have 2 kids so I can relate more to just you and INC going to the park. Dollywood never fails. I could sit and people watch and just listen and o music there all day. I think we spent $600 for 4 season passes to both Dollywood and splash country. We plan on visiting 2 or three times this year and it worked out to be a great deal

7 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

We only have 2 kids so I can relate more to just you and INC going to the park. Dollywood never fails. I could sit and people watch and just listen and o music there all day. I think we spent $600 for 4 season passes to both Dollywood and splash country. We plan on visiting 2 or three times this year and it worked out to be a great deal

SOLD!

I always chime in when a thread jumps to Dollywood. It's such a great park.  While my kids hit the roller coasters,  I walk around (those hills are great exercise), eat kettle corn, ride the train several times (usually while eating kettle corn), see the shows - sometimes more than once (the Kingdom Heirs!), have lunch with Miss Lillian, window shop, people watch, and eat more kettle corn. And it's a such a relaxing and fun day. 

Gold season pass (free parking and 20% off food) to park and water park (they have a great water coaster) is only $244 this year and if you get a season pass in December you can go for two Christmas seasons. 

17 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

Yeah... ours was around $800 I think for the 4 of us.  You should have seen Tom's face, when I told him the total... his was the same response as below :lol:

9 hours ago, Strawberry Moon said:

SOLD!

11 minutes ago, Seals said:

I always chime in when a thread jumps to Dollywood. It's such a great park.  While my kids hit the roller coasters,  I walk around (those hills are great exercise), eat kettle corn, ride the train several times (usually while eating kettle corn), see the shows - sometimes more than once (the Kingdom Heirs!), have lunch with Miss Lillian, window shop, people watch, and eat more kettle corn. And it's a such a relaxing and fun day. 

Gold season pass (free parking and 20% off food) to park and water park (they have a great water coaster) is only $244 this year and if you get a season pass in December you can go for two Christmas seasons. 

We bought 3 regular (?) passes for both parks and one gold, so we could get the free parking.  We have 4 trips planned for this year.  We tried to make it up for Christmas last year (because it was included in the pass), but it just didn't work out with our schedule.

Kettle corn... I'm thinking a little healthier than the cinnamon bread :))

5 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We bought 3 regular (?) passes for both parks and one gold, so we could get the free parking.  We have 4 trips planned for this year.  We tried to make it up for Christmas last year (because it was included in the pass), but it just didn't work out with our schedule.

Kettle corn... I'm thinking a little healthier than the cinnamon bread :))

Remember Nacole, cinnamon is good for your health 😋

• 3 weeks later...

Dollywood.......we used to buy season passes and then as the kids got older we chose not to.....the last time we bought season tickets they were $65 and the gold pass was around $80.......we keep talking about going back, but we kinda see this as being in our backyard and always decide to not buy this year, maybe next, and so on.......I enjoy reading everyone's comments around Dollywood especially the pricing comparisons between Disney......the last time we had season passes we compared a day at Dollywood to a day at Disney,  minus the admission price, the food and drink were higher at Dollywood.

Man....I just reread that and I sound like an old man "back in my day blah blah blah"

Anyways, I hopped on here to see if anyone had posted about Defeated Creek GG 2019, and a search led me to this thread. I think we made our reservations for Defeated Creek around the first part of March last year.

2 hours ago, TN22.....Brady said:

Dollywood.......we used to buy season passes and then as the kids got older we chose not to.....the last time we bought season tickets they were $65 and the gold pass was around $80.......we keep talking about going back, but we kinda see this as being in our backyard and always decide to not buy this year, maybe next, and so on.......I enjoy reading everyone's comments around Dollywood especially the pricing comparisons between Disney......the last time we had season passes we compared a day at Dollywood to a day at Disney,  minus the admission price, the food and drink were higher at Dollywood.

Man....I just reread that and I sound like an old man "back in my day blah blah blah"

Anyways, I hopped on here to see if anyone had posted about Defeated Creek GG 2019, and a search led me to this thread. I think we made our reservations for Defeated Creek around the first part of March last year.

For us... Disney and the Fort will always have a piece of our heart.  The idea of not going this year (and probably next) is heartbreaking but, we just can't afford it.  Pigeon Forge is pretty and I know we'll enjoy ourselves, plus we do have a couple of FL trips planned and we'll visit the Fort on those trips so, at least we can pretend we're camping there ;)