Mickey bars coming to the grocery store?!?!

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

If you want outstanding ones, buy Dove Bars or Magnum Bars.

I think I’ve had a magnum bar. I believe it’s a chocolate, ice cream, and caramel. I have not had a dove bar is it just ice cream with the chocolate shell like a Mickey bar?  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can pretend it's FL in August and eat them in the shower.

Yes I do. We brought our 12 volt Dometic fridge/freezer we bought for the bus with us to Disney in August. I brought back 30 Mickey Bars and 10 of the Ice Cream Sandwiches. I am rationing them. Will p

The closest things to Mickey Bars that are typically available are the Dove Dark Chocolate ones. 

Also as far as I know these are just limited edition for the 90th. I dont know that they will turn into a regularly available thing. I will be sure to keep stocking up on the real deal when I can. ;-)

31 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

The closest things to Mickey Bars that are typically available are the Dove Dark Chocolate ones. 

Also as far as I know these are just limited edition for the 90th. I dont know that they will turn into a regularly available thing. I will be sure to keep stocking up on the real deal when I can. 😉

Next time I get a craving for a Mickey bar I’ll have to go get a dove bar.

Or swing by your house. LOL. 

12 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Yes I do. We brought our 12 volt Dometic fridge/freezer we bought for the bus with us to Disney in August. I brought back 30 Mickey Bars and 10 of the Ice Cream Sandwiches. I am rationing them. Will probably restock at Halloween. lol

You have willpower. I would be hearing those Mickey Bars calling me from the freezer day and night.

Who am I kidding, I doubt they would have survived the ride home. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Beckers said:

I haven’t checked our grocery store, Walmart.   I’ll have to check next time I’m there. 

8 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I haven’t checked our grocery store, Walmart.   I’ll have to check next time I’m there. 

I've seen posts that some Publix stores have them, which won't help if you don't live in the SE.

Seen mixed reviews about them.

The one review I read, they actually packed up one of the home versions and took it into the park to compare taste and texture.

They said the ice cream does taste about the same, but it's a lighter version as the article Beckers linked says. They don't have the same thick feeling.

The coating isn't as thick or as dark/bitter as the park ones, and they are 1 oz smaller.

But 6 for $7.99 instead of $5.99 each is a bargain.

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Here’s our RUNNING LIST of Grocery Store Chains Selling Mickey Bars!

• Publix
  • Kroger
  • Food 4 Less
  • Ralph’s (Southern California stores)
  • Dierberg’s (St. Louis, Missouri)
  • Harris Teeter
  • Crest Foods
  • Milam’s Markets (OK)
  • Wegmans (beginning in the spring!)
  • Target
  • Weis Markets (March arrival expected!)

Not all Kroger's carry them. The two closest to me don't, but one on the other side of town does.  You can check on the Kroger app.  

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Not all Kroger's carry them. The two closest to me don't, but one on the other side of town does.  You can check on the Kroger app.  

Yeah, I've been to 3 Publix and haven't found them. 

Didn't see any shelf tags, and doesn't seem like there was room on the shelves for them even if they were sold out

On 2/5/2019 at 6:33 AM, Travisma said:

Here’s our RUNNING LIST of Grocery Store Chains Selling Mickey Bars!

• Publix
  • Kroger
  • Food 4 Less
  • Ralph’s (Southern California stores)
  • Dierberg’s (St. Louis, Missouri)
  • Harris Teeter
  • Crest Foods
  • Milam’s Markets (OK)
  • Wegmans (beginning in the spring!)
  • Target
  • Weis Markets (March arrival expected!)

I have checked ok more like stalked Kroger, Target and Publix. None to be found near me. 

7 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I have checked ok more like stalked Kroger, Target and Publix. None to be found near me. 

I finally found 3 boxes at a Publix.  They were shoved all the way in the back of the case on a lower shelf.  Just happened to see the blue color on the box.

Bought 1 box.  They were good, but like I said earlier, a dove bar or magnum are just as good if not better.

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

I finally found 3 boxes at a Publix.  They were shoved all the way in the back of the case on a lower shelf.  Just happened to see the blue color on the box.

Bought 1 box.  They were good, but like I said earlier, a dove bar or magnum are just as good if not better.

Probably cheaper too?

• 4 months later...