Hello!

Last time we were at the fort there was a scout group camping near us. They had booked three sites next to each other and as I had understood it from Disney employees, they had been able to reserve these specific sites (we were able to use one of them for two nights before they checked in and then moved to another site for the rest of our reservation). I am currently planning my 40th birthday/5 year cancer free /masters degree graduation party and would really like to book 2-3 sites next to each other like this group. I live in Sweden and would love to meet my sisters and their families for a week of Disney fun at the fort since that is where the magic started for us in 1986 (mom and dad will use the dvc). Has anyone here done it? I was planning on calling in the next few weeks and booking on the phone as it is within the booking window but not yet on the website. I was just hoping to have a little more information.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, sheepdog23 said:

Hello!

Last time we were at the fort there was a scout group camping near us. They had booked three sites next to each other and as I had understood it from Disney employees, they had been able to reserve these specific sites (we were able to use one of them for two nights before they checked in and then moved to another site for the rest of our reservation). I am currently planning my 40th birthday/5 year cancer free /masters degree graduation party and would really like to book 2-3 sites next to each other like this group. I live in Sweden and would love to meet my sisters and their families for a week of Disney fun at the fort since that is where the magic started for us in 1986 (mom and dad will use the dvc). Has anyone here done it? I was planning on calling in the next few weeks and booking on the phone as it is within the booking window but not yet on the website. I was just hoping to have a little more information.

Thanks!

Disney won't guarantee specific sites usually. It may have had some thing to do with the scout reservation. 

What I usually do when booking clients with multiple sites is have them all linked with what is known as a Travel With. This lets the site assigner know they are traveling together and they will work to assign next to or close by. I follow this up with a fax request about 5 days before arrival. Only once or twice were they unable to accommodate but were still in the same loop at least. 

We've been part of a group where we've needed 2 or 3 sites together several times. When we have, we did as Jason mentioned - actually Jason handled some of those reservations for us 🙂 

Every time Disney has put us right next to or across from each other.

Sounds like you have a LOT to celebrate on your trip - congratulations and good luck!!

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends!

:PurpleDancingFlamingo:

I agree with Mo... you do have a lot to celebrate!  Congratulations!

From what I've seen (and experienced), Disney does work hard to try and keep linked reservations together.  If you need help, have Jason (above) handled your reservations.  He's wonderful to work with (doesn't cost you any more money) and he'll make sure the proper notes are on the reservations.  As said by others, no guarantees... but I'd be surprised if Disney didn't work very hard to make sure that it happened.

Have a magical trip!

• 2 weeks later...

I have made group reservations together and got a specific loop before, but it was for the FortFiends reservation and I had booked (from what I remember) about 15 sites.  When you book through group reservations, the person booking is responsible for the whole bill.  There is a whole different department for this than general reservations.  You have to call and ask to be transferred.

2 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

I have made group reservations together and got a specific loop before, but it was for the FortFiends reservation and I had booked (from what I remember) about 15 sites.  When you book through group reservations, the person booking is responsible for the whole bill.  There is a whole different department for this than general reservations.  You have to call and ask to be transferred.

Yes, "Group" reservations is an entirely different department, and it has to be a minimum of 10 sites, and if those 10 sites are not booked and paid for by your guests, then the contract holder MUST pay for whatever is not booked. Having said all that, I believe they have discontinued any and all "Groups" at Fort Wilderness. They just don't do it anymore.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yes, "Group" reservations is an entirely different department, and it has to be a minimum of 10 sites, and if those 10 sites are not booked and paid for by your guests, then the contract holder MUST pay for whatever is not booked. Having said all that, I believe they have discontinued any and all "Groups" at Fort Wilderness. They just don't do it anymore.

The fact that FF is now eight years old shows my age and my abilities, lol.  I have not done a group reservation in a long while.  lol