Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DaveInTN

World Of Dreams Tour...Only $12,000

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Think Disney will try for a 3 tier system?   Standby, FastPass, Fastest Pass?  Pay for the third one?

The MaxPass system at Disneyland is just a slight variation of the regular FastPass system. It's already in place there, and would work at WDW. I think it's inevitable that a similar scheme will be implemented at WDW at some point.

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

 

But I did hear something about Magical Express no longer being a free service. You heard that here first. 

TCD

Hasn't that been expected for some time?  Maybe it was you that posted about rumors to that effect last year?  Or perhaps Jason....my memory is fuzzy.  I just remember that when I booked ME for my son in law in December, I was surprised that it was still free.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Bobby says they may be thawing out Walt for an extra 5 grand

I was gonna say that they should have Walt's head or his body on display, but thought that was a bit creepy (even for me...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Seals said:

First of all, you don't go to rope drop because you have 

  • Front of the line attraction access
  • Access to any restaurant at Walt Disney World (no normal reservations needed)

Only the poor common folks who have to stand in line or depend on reservations do rope drop.

I was thinking of rope drop as the event but mostly as the entry time. Rope drop with extended hours would certainly be over 12 hours. Seems to me at $12K you shouldn't be time limited and if it were me I'd want to milk every penny of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Hasn't that been expected for some time?  Maybe it was you that posted about rumors to that effect last year?  Or perhaps Jason....my memory is fuzzy.  I just remember that when I booked ME for my son in law in December, I was surprised that it was still free.  

I've seen the ME rumor several places, but I had never heard it from my most reliable source. Now I have, and it's supposed to happen soon. Like before this summer soon. 

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've seen the ME rumor several places, but I had never heard it from my most reliable source. Now I have, and it's supposed to happen soon. Like before this summer soon. 

TCD

Disney always wins... get charged a parking fee at the resorts if you drive, get charged to get schlepped around on a bus, pay out the nose if you want a Minnie Van.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've seen the ME rumor several places, but I had never heard it from my most reliable source. Now I have, and it's supposed to happen soon. Like before this summer soon. 

TCD

The only thing that surprises me is that they are removing one of the more compelling arguments for staying onsite.  I guess for 1 or 2 people, depending on how they price it, ME will still be cost effective.  But for a family it'll make more sense at that point to get a Minnie Van.  Aaaannnddd....I just stumbled onto the real reason they are doing this.  LOL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

The only thing that surprises me is that they are removing one of the more compelling arguments for staying onsite.  I guess for 1 or 2 people, depending on how they price it, ME will still be cost effective.  But for a family it'll make more sense at that point to get a Minnie Van.  Aaaannnddd....I just stumbled onto the real reason they are doing this.  LOL.  

They’ve already taken away one incentive for staying onsite. Free resort parking. 

If they take away ME that is another argument for off site. 

And you know what’s next...

resort fees!  And don’t be surprised if they have resort fees at the Fort  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

 

And you know what’s next...

resort fees!  And don’t be surprised if they have resort fees at the Fort  

They have no reason for a Resort Fee, all they need to do is raise room prices. The other Hotels have the fee to cover the amenities they pay DISNEY for such as cable, bus access to the parks etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

They have no reason for a Resort Fee, all they need to do is raise room prices. The other Hotels have the fee to cover the amenities they pay DISNEY for such as cable, bus access to the parks etc.

Thats what I thought about a parking fee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

They have no reason for a Resort Fee, all they need to do is raise room prices. The other Hotels have the fee to cover the amenities they pay DISNEY for such as cable, bus access to the parks etc.

We travel extensively and are finding more and more hotels that charge resort fees.  Hotels all over Orlando, even ones outside of the Disney bubble, are now charging resort fees.  We are going to Las Vegas next month and every hotel except maybe a Motel 6 is charging a resort fee. 

Besides if Disney raises their nightly room rates people will notice immediately when they are on line comparing prices. But if they sneak in a resort fee, like other resorts. People dont notice the resort fees easily. 

Also WDW’s nightly room rate will be more inline with surrounding resorts nightly room rate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We travel extensively and are finding more and more hotels that charge resort fees.  Hotels all over Orlando, even ones outside of the Disney bubble, are now charging resort fees.  We are going to Las Vegas next month and every hotel except maybe a Motel 6 is charging a resort fee. 

Besides if Disney raises their nightly room rates people will notice immediately when they are on line comparing prices. But if they sneak in a resort fee, like other resorts. People dont notice the resort fees easily. 

Also WDW’s nightly room rate will be more inline with surrounding resorts nightly room rate.  

I agree.   When shopping online for hotels it's typical to focus on the room rate, and not give much thought to the resort fee.   I don't think Disney will leave that money on the table much longer.   Most nice resort hotels are charging $25/night or so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Thats what I thought about a parking fee. 

But not everybody has a car so why should everybody pay for the parking- lot maintenance? Just like the upcoming ME fee, why should non using guests pay for it?  

 

54 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Heck I am seeing campgrounds now that charge  " Resort Fees " if possible we avoid them.

Many are connected to Membership Parks like ENCORE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Besides if Disney raises their nightly room rates people will notice immediately when they are on line comparing prices. But if they sneak in a resort fee, like other resorts. People dont notice the resort fees easily. 

Yep. Fees are a way to hide room rate increases as they can bury them in the fine print and itemized receipt. The same reason quotes are the total price as most folks just assume the difference between the advertised rate and total is taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But not everybody has a car so why should everybody pay for the parking- lot maintenance? Just like the upcoming ME fee, why should non using guests pay for it?  

 

Many are connected to Membership Parks like ENCORE

Sadly at the hotels lately even if you don’t have a car people are having the parking charge added. Unless you go down to tell them or call after your trip to have it refunded it’s being paid more than it should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But not everybody has a car so why should everybody pay for the parking- lot maintenance? Just like the upcoming ME fee, why should non using guests pay for it?  

Your assuming the parking fee is to pay for parking lot maintenance and the ME fee is to pay for the ME.  

I bet it doesn’t cost $20/ day to pay for parking lot maintenance. And I’m sure the ME fee will be inflated beyond the actual cost to Disney. 

 

The parking fee, a ME fee, and  a resort fee is a way to make extra money.   Sure it will offset some of Disney’s costs but IMHO it’s a way to increase profits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

 

Many are connected to Membership Parks like ENCORE

Correct, they are one of the biggest to add the resort fee,  as a TT member if staying at a TT park owned by Encore you do not pay it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 8:28 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Does it include park admission?

because if it does, I’m in!  

Found this in a different article...

If one day isn’t enough extra days can be added for $10,000 per day. Oh, and the tour might be $12,000, but park tickets are required and not included. This is Disney after all. 

I guess if you can drop $12K on this to impress the mommy bloggers, another $1 grand for park tickets is no big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×