Pioneer Hall moving ?

Was talking to a cast member in transportation about the River Country project.  This person told me that the rumor amongst some is that once the TCD barn is moved to the other horse area, PH will be moved as well, much closer to the Outpost and parking area.  This will be done to eliminate the need for people going to Hoopie D and Trails end to ride a bus.

Also, they expect the road between WL and FW to close indefinitely as construction begins.  Probably will also close the bike/walking trail between WL and FW as well.

2 hours ago, PghBob said:

Was talking to a cast member in transportation about the River Country project.  This person told me that the rumor amongst some is that once the TCD barn is moved to the other horse area, PH will be moved as well, much closer to the Outpost and parking area.  This will be done to eliminate the need for people going to Hoopie D and Trails end to ride a bus.

Also, they expect the road between WL and FW to close indefinitely as construction begins.  Probably will also close the bike/walking trail between WL and FW as well.

Wow.

The dining up front makes a little sense... but only for those visiting the campground just to eat.  For guests of the Fort, I think it's a bummer.  Also... closing the bike/walking trail, dang... I really hope they don't do it.  Riding that is over the Lodge is a favorite for us.

So many things changing.  Guess I should be glad, that we can no longer afford to stay there.  We were hoping to next year, but if things change too much... I don't know.  Honestly, I get that the campground is always busy/full... but I wonder.  Waterfront land is expensive.  I wonder how long the Fort will remain.

3 hours ago, PghBob said:

Makes some sense, and would keep the Fort quiet without all of the people moving about.

Now, for the construction minded like myself....will they move anything by jacking it up and hauling??? Would be pretty cool to keep the original building!

Agreed I find a lot of this unsettling. However I've certainly seen more than a few people looking very lost looking for HDDR at the wrong end of Fort Wilderness, and one of the things the cabins suffer from over other moderates is not having a restaurant nearby. 

Closing the road and walk during construction makes sense. There is going to be a lot of traffic and big trucks going in and out which is a safety issue. Not sure I buy the move of the Settlement as it doesn't make sense given it will be part of the draw for the new resort as well as the Fort.

From what I hear, they will not be touching Pioneer Hall and Trails End, other than trying to refurbish it.  There have been several plans to tear down and rebuild because the building is getting old and maintenance is becoming an issue; but for now that has not been pursued.  Plans can always change though. 

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

From what I hear, they will not be touching Pioneer Hall and Trails End, other than trying to refurbish it.  There have been several plans to tear down and rebuild because the building is getting old and maintenance is becoming an issue; but for now that has not been pursued.  Plans can always change though. 

Would make more sense, if that is a problem, to do the work while the construction is going on and teams are there.

But Disney doesn't always do things that make sense...

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

If the buildings need maintenance, maybe they will carefully dismantle them so they can reuse the original timbers that were sourced in the Rocky Mountains, and rebuild them in the same locations but spun 180 degrees so they face the new resort and the backsides face the campground.   

:ROFLMAO-1:

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't paint a backside on that backside to show us how they really feel.

Last time we were in Crockett's Tavern the bartender told us that will definitely be changing - hopefully more spacious.  It's going to get construction crazy for a while but hopefully for the better. Maybe they'll reduce the price of the sites due to inconvenience - LOL! Moving PH and TE to the Outpost area sounds a bit more like crowd control (expansion), managing boat traffic and more privacy for the campers. Maybe not such a bad idea.  Although I'm sure going to hate losing the view from the porch. Just a thought - maybe they'll turn the TE building into more of a quick service type restaurant which would be great for the campground.

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

Would make more sense, if that is a problem, to do the work while the construction is going on and teams are there.

Absolutely.  Building a new facility in another location would eliminate any lost revenue as you can keep the old facility open while the new facility is being developed.  I wouldn't be surprised to see anything.  I understand Bob Chapek was there a few weeks ago looking around and I believe attending Hoop de Doo.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:36 AM, Travisma said:

Very true.

And very true.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, DaveInTN said:

If the buildings need maintenance, maybe they will carefully dismantle them so they can reuse the original timbers that were sourced in the Rocky Mountains, and rebuild them in the same locations but spun 180 degrees so they face the new resort and the backsides face the campground.   

:ROFLMAO-1:

0040531_lincoln-logs-100th-anniversary-t

• 2 weeks later...

Asked another transportation employee "What can you tell us about the new RC project and how it will effect you?" Earlier today.  Answer was ... Well, they are going to move Pioneer Hall...

Also, purple bus route will need to be combined (with orange?) once the road is cut through.  And, finally, the road to WL should have closed by now, "they are behind".

Still rumors, I think, until there is more confirmation.

22 hours ago, PghBob said:

Asked another transportation employee "What can you tell us about the new RC project and how it will effect you?" Earlier today.  Answer was ... Well, they are going to move Pioneer Hall...

Also, purple bus route will need to be combined (with orange?) once the road is cut through.  And, finally, the road to WL should have closed by now, "they are behind".

Still rumors, I think, until there is more confirmation.

Sounds like a mess.

16 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ugh... so no more bike path either??

Judging by what we saw on Sunday, I would say the path to Wilderness Lodge will be staying, but will be closed for a time.  There were a lot of flags on it and they will be placing a silt fence along it.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

Judging by what we saw on Sunday, I would say the path to Wilderness Lodge will be staying, but will be closed for a time.  There were a lot of flags on it and they will be placing a silt fence along it.

I hope you're right.  It's such a nice path.