Ok, it is that time of the decade again and our tires are at the age, not tread wear, that they need to be replaced.  SuperGeek is wanting to get Crosswinds tires for our Monaco.  I need honest opinions from those who have had a class A diesel on tires.  I don't want to spend this kind of money and be on the side of the road.  We currently have BF Goodrich and they have been wonderful.  Thanks in advance and be nice...I know they are from China.

PS: Supergeek cannot find anything telling him they are bad, so I am asking here.

I'm getting ready to walk the same road... I have to replace the factory Michelin tires that came on the coach, so I too am anxious to hear what others have to say.

I do know this, if you focus purely on reviews on-line, you will drive yourself nuts trying to decide on a brand.

16 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Ok, it is that time of the decade again and our tires are at the age, not tread wear, that they need to be replaced.  SuperGeek is wanting to get Crosswinds tires for our Monaco.  I need honest opinions from those who have had a class A diesel on tires.  I don't want to spend this kind of money and be on the side of the road.  We currently have BF Goodrich and they have been wonderful.  Thanks in advance and be nice...I know they are from China.

PS: Supergeek cannot find anything telling him they are bad, so I am asking here.

Join FMCA and get a price using their tire program(Michelin, Goodrich and I think Continental). Their membership benefits are well worth the $60.00.

I have a class a CDL, and work for a construction company that does heavy hauling.  We use a lot of recaps on the dump trucks because they usually go flat from hazards before they wear out.  We have 6 tractor trailers that get nothing but vigin rubber tires all around, trailer included.  They really load these trucks and do some hard manuvering in the city too.  I our local tire guy that services us puts on some Chinese tires from time to time (ling long (yes, lol!) Double coin, sumitomo, kend and more, and they seem to hold up well..... I've never seen a blowout on them but they don't get the mileage like the big names do.  I think UV protection is one way a cheap tire manufacturer would save a few bucks, so keeping them covered would be your best insurance.  There are other mid range players like Cooper and Sailun that make 11r22.5 and other similar sizes too.  Sailun has a really good rep from the towable crowd.  

Either way you go, it's going to cost you. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Strawberry Moon said:

How often do you change your tires if your mileage has been low? 

Michelin says they need to be inspected annualy after they are 5 yrs old and replaced after 10 based on the Manufacturing date.

https://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/tire-guide-warranties-and-bulletins/

• 1 month later...

I have to replace my front tires this year and I'm done with Michelin tires.  Despite covering them and using 303 protectant on them, they develop cracks in the sidewalls.  Michelin  replaced them once after three years (for customer goodwill) for half price and at year three they developed cracks again.  I'm going with Toyos this time.  My back tires are also Michelin and they haven't developed any cracks (yet).  I replaced them at the 7 year mark.  Go figure.  🤒

Best Regards!

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 10:12 PM, AuburnJen said:

So what did you end up doing? I had to wait awhile before I could afford to replace my steer tires as they're very expensive because of size. I have Firestones on the rear which I'll probably replace next year. I've had them for five years and they've done well. I ended up putting Bridgestone R244 up front and they were a touch over $1,000 each.