I don't know about you, but..........

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

41 minutes ago, BigTom said:

We want the beach. We live on lake Guthrie and have a summer place on lake tenkiller.  We are water people.  We like tourist areas and all that it offers.    Restaurants, golf courses, beaches, etc.   we would rather drive 1-1 1/2 to Disney than drive that far to the beach  

We will only be in Florida for part of December, January, February, and March.  And then rent it out in the summer  

We’ve been from Daytona to Miami and really don’t like any of those beaches/towns.  

We want warm winter days and that’s why we are leaning towards southwest Florida.  We like the Clearwater beach area.  I real like the area around St Johns Pass.  Lots of restaurants etc.  

knowing this, would you have any areas you would recommend for us?

• 2 weeks later...

WWW2019 was nice and warm this past weekend!  I even got a chance to get the shorts out and blind everyone with my white legs!

I am back to cold and rain now.   The teenager needs to graduate soon so I can go back to warmth all year.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

We want the beach. We live on lake Guthrie and have a summer place on lake tenkiller.  We are water people.  We like tourist areas and all that it offers.    Restaurants, golf courses, beaches, etc.   we would rather drive 1-1 1/2 to Disney than drive that far to the beach  

We will only be in Florida for part of December, January, February, and March.  And then rent it out in the summer  

We’ve been from Daytona to Miami and really don’t like any of those beaches/towns.  

We want warm winter days and that’s why we are leaning towards southwest Florida.  We like the Clearwater beach area.  I real like the area around St Johns Pass.  Lots of restaurants etc.  

knowing this, would you have any areas you would recommend for us?

Anna Maria and the rest of the little towns there, is a nicer area than Clearwater, and the water is a beautiful blue color.

Venice area is nice but pricey.

North of Pinellas County a lot of the shoreline is still undeveloped and not a lot of beaches.  Not sure about the building codes and restrictions.

Further north starting around Hernando Beach up to Homassasa is a lot of old time Florida towns on the gulf.

And yes, most of the east coast of FL is terrible, but my daughter lived in Fort Pierce for a while and that was nice.

8 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

WWW2019 was nice and warm this past weekend!  I even got a chance to get the shorts out and blind everyone with my white legs!

I am back to cold and rain now.   The teenager needs to graduate soon so I can go back to warmth all year.

I think I saw you at EPCOT, or someone from Great Britain.

Legs and arms were so white they could glow in the dark! :lol: