Making Reservations

Hi guys. Again I am having problems getting 10 days in December 2019. I do have 4 days with gaps in between. The rumor I hear is what’s happening is people r booking reservations in order to get ADR and fast passes early. Then they cancel hotel reservations and stay off property. But I read disney is on to them. They r thinking of when you cancel your reservation then your fp r cancelled. Anyone else heard or read this rumor? If so that would be awesome! People must stay up late trying to figure out ways to scam Disney. Lol

58 minutes ago, jlf said:

Hi guys. Again I am having problems getting 10 days in December 2019. I do have 4 days with gaps in between. The rumor I hear is what’s happening is people r booking reservations in order to get ADR and fast passes early. Then they cancel hotel reservations and stay off property. But I read disney is on to them. They r thinking of when you cancel your reservation then your fp r cancelled. Anyone else heard or read this rumor? If so that would be awesome! People must stay up late trying to figure out ways to scam Disney. Lol

We do have a travel agent that sponsor our forum, Jason...Katman. 

He can certainly help you with getting your reservations. And his services are free of charge. 

Yes people book reservations to get by the 30 rule for getting FPs for off site stays. And also for getting around the 60 day rule for onsite stays.   And then yes they cancel them once they get their FPs booked. 

And yes apparently Disney is closing this loophole. 

As long as Disney thinks of ways to control peoples vacation people will find ways around Disney’s systems.   I’m sorry to say I’ve used this trick and others to get FPs we want.  Try and get Flight of Passage FPs at the 60 day mark during a busy season.  It’s next to impossible.  

i personally would like to see them get rid of ALL FPs.   And all ADRs, and have a walk up, first come first served policy  for attractions and dining  

FPs and increased attendance have created stand day lines that are hours long.  

I was standing in the FP line for soarin and we got stopped after the CM let about 20 FP holders go. 

I asked the CM how many FPs they let go for every stand by person.  She said about 20 FPs holders to every 20 stand by people but half of the time it’s only 10 stand by people for 20 FP holders.   If this is true for all rides then it would cut the standby lines in more than half.   I’ve read on other forums that the ratio is much greater  favoring FP holders  I’ve read that it was 3-1, 4-1, and 5-1  depending on the ride.  That’s crazy