Hopefully it's a quickie - otherwise that's going to be a heck of a bummer for people bringing dogs that were counting on the park being open.

I am super curious what "enhancements" will be added.... ball launcher? swimming pool? endless supply of frisbees? importing a flock (herd? squadron?) of squirrels to run circles around the place for entertainment?

Seriously I'd be happy with a few more trees and moving the picnic tables out of the sun.

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hopefully it's a quickie - otherwise that's going to be a heck of a bummer for people bringing dogs that were counting on the park being open.

I am super curious what "enhancements" will be added.... ball launcher? swimming pool? endless supply of frisbees? importing a flock (herd? squadron?) of squirrels to run circles around the place for entertainment?

Seriously I'd be happy with a few more trees and moving the picnic tables out of the sun.

With your crew maybe a herd of sheep?

If River made it there, there would be a chipmunk massacre.  The feisty little squirrels in our neighborhood think teasing dogs is a great hobby.  They are faster than most dogs.  Some are not faster than River.  We do have a return visitor I have named Stumpy, since he's missing half his tail.  He seems to have decided that he will now torment River for the rest of her life, for the humiliation of now only owning half a tail.  But,  he never comes down onto the fence or into the yard anymore. 

I hope River gets to play in the FW Dog park some day.   It would be fun to go camping with her at the Fort. 

5 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

On Monday as Yvonne and I were on a bus, the driver stated one of the things they were doing was to level out the "hump" from the old railroad track bed.

Aw... Bz will not be happy about that.  It's her favorite part of the park - she likes to be up high where she can keep tabs on everything going on. It's also where she drags the huge Jolly Ball to beat herself silly with.

Eh, without maintenance, the ground probably gets all torn up and will eventually become nothing but a mud pit, the fencing may need repair. I'm sure not "everyone" cleaned up after their pets, so need to really clean the area. And yes, they may be adding a theme.

4 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Eh, without maintenance, the ground probably gets all torn up and will eventually become nothing but a mud pit, the fencing may need repair. I'm sure not "everyone" cleaned up after their pets, so need to really clean the area. And yes, they may be adding a theme.

I wouldn't be surprised if it reopens with a sponsorship.   Pluto's Bark Park, brought to you by Pedigree.   

13 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

There must be more to this, maybe a cool theme or something.  Otherwise, why mess with it, dogs don't care.

The one thing I would say is that removing the hump will probably make it easier to mow.

2 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm sure not "everyone" cleaned up after their pets, so need to really clean the area. 

Oh I am sure everyone does *not* clean up after their pets (sigh). And it really isn't a bad idea to give it a good going over every once in a while.  That said, the best way to do that if you don't want to dump a bunch of chemicals on it (which hopefully they don't) is usually to scrape off a layer of topsoil and reseed it.  

55 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Oh I am sure everyone does *not* clean up after their pets (sigh). And it really isn't a bad idea to give it a good going over every once in a while.  That said, the best way to do that if you don't want to dump a bunch of chemicals on it (which hopefully they don't) is usually to scrape off a layer of topsoil and reseed it.  

Disney has a limitless supply of natural fertilizer to help that grass grow....just down the road at the horse barn.  Of course, that's probably not a good idea.  INC and I had the bright idea a couple of years ago to work some of our horse manure into the front beds before planting flowers.  I filled up the front loader from the pasture with nice manure, and we worked it into the soil, then planted flowers.  And that's when we found out that Golden doodles and Maltipoos LOVE digging up manure for a snack.  The flowers didn't fare so well.  And neither did the dogs tummies.  

:vomit:

11 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

... that's when we found out that Golden doodles and Maltipoos LOVE digging up manure for a snack.  The flowers didn't fare so well.  And neither did the dogs tummies.  

:vomit:

Oh dear.  Yeah "all natural" fertilizer tends to be really tempting for dogs.  Try walking a border collie through a field where sheep have been grazing sometime.  Aside from the "face paint" from rolling around, some dogs will totally binge on the free "snacks" . LOL

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Oh dear.  Yeah "all natural" fertilizer tends to be really tempting for dogs.  Try walking a border collie through a field where sheep have been grazing sometime.  Aside from the "face paint" from rolling around, some dogs will totally binge on the free "snacks" . LOL

This reminds me of how we give our dog small round training treats and how excited he was to find that the deer were leaving piles of them in the yard for him.

11 minutes ago, Seals said:

This reminds me of how we give our dog small round training treats and how excited he was to find that the deer were leaving piles of them in the yard for him.

LOL!

I was actually surprised to find out we've apparently got bunnies in the yard leaving "treats" behind and my dogs don't seem in the least bit interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! This thread is very interesting (and funny to me) !  I only have had cats. And they don't do the stinky snacks. I never knew dogs did that, until a few years ago. I had scooped my cats litter one day and had sat it on the porch to put in the trash can outside. I use brown lunch bags to put it in. So I go out a few minutes later and my neighbors dog is out there in it chomping away. I am like freaking out, afraid the dog is going to end up sick. I call the neighbor and she's like, yeah no big deal he does that all the time. I was like oh, okay. 😂

47 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Here are some poor quality photos I took from the bus yesterday evening as I was headed to meet the TCD twins at Trails End for dinner:

IMG_4106_zpsex2psfpa.jpg

IMG_4107_zpszogivuhc.jpg

IMG_4108_zpsk8snqqju.jpg

IMG_4109_zpsrzsdxywf.jpg

TCD

Yeah, it's quite a mess and a major overhaul.

Guess they aren't paying overtime to get it done quickly. 

Didn't see anyone working there all weekend.