I felt kinda sorry for the gent in the 1900 loop that was backing his 5er into his site.... and ran over the site number pole.  Apparently it was wedged under his rig pretty good, cause after about an hour or so of blocking the roadway, the pole was cut in half, allowing the rig to completely back into the site.  I've never seen a pole cut before to remedy this......it was a good solution, though!

1 hour ago, DebbieT11 said:

I felt kinda sorry for the gent in the 1900 loop that was backing his 5er into his site.... and ran over the site number pole.  Apparently it was wedged under his rig pretty good, cause after about an hour or so of blocking the roadway, the pole was cut in half, allowing the rig to completely back into the site.  I've never seen a pole cut before to remedy this......it was a good solution, though!

Guess he should start carrying a sawz-all in his tool kit ! :rolleyes:

Best flattening of Fort property I ever saw was a class A that was pulling forward to straighten out and plowed smack over a trash can they were too close to and apparently never saw. Luckily it was the older style and it just crumpled.  If it was one of the new "bear proof" ones that rig might still be hung up on it.

When I saw the title I thought it might have been a former across the street neighbor of ours. He and the wife sold the house and bought a Class A. The day they brought it home he leveled our next door neighbor's mailbox. About a month later when they fired it up to leave they wiped the mailbox out again. They never offered to pay and when caught in the act the second time he used an expletive with the daughter and said something to the effect they better hope the mailbox didn't damage his rig. The really sad part is another neighbor of ours performs regionally in a gospel group. He owns and drives their tour bus and is more than happy to give anyone some lessons on driving large rectangular boxes on wheels.

We stayed in site 1919 last fall and loved that loop!  Wouldn't have liked it without a cart though.  Do you remember which site number?  

When we were looping last fall we noticed in the 700 loop many of the site markers used different fonts and were different sizes and sometimes they were high on the post and sometimes they were lower on the post.  Anyone else notice something like that in other loops?

12 hours ago, YENSIDCAMPER said:

We stayed in site 1919 last fall and loved that loop!  Wouldn't have liked it without a cart though.  Do you remember which site number?  

When we were looping last fall we noticed in the 700 loop many of the site markers used different fonts and were different sizes and sometimes they were high on the post and sometimes they were lower on the post.  Anyone else notice something like that in other loops?

I've seen those in the 700 too. I've seen a few others, but the 700 visitors must be hell on posts.

• 5 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 6:05 PM, YENSIDCAMPER said:

My Favorite is either the 800 or 900 bus stop where they overhang has been hit many times.  They finally cut it back at angle.  I assume this is from RVs coming out of the loop but it could be the internal buses.

We stayed in the 800 loop Dec. 2018 and again in April 2019. I can see how people can snag that corner. The exit is at kind of a funny angle and you have to go way out into the oncoming lane to make the right hand turn to leave. I do love that loop though.

• 8 months later...

Sooo, I have a question then. I have a new to me 19' Vintage Cruiser. I want to get a dolly or valet for it. A remote one is over $1K, just not in my budget just yet. There is an $800 travel valet XL that connects with the ball  hitch so nothing permanent to the trailer. They make another version about $500 that attaches to the tongue and you crank the trailer into place for both of these versions. Does anybody have advice on either of these or suggestions on something else? I do not want to be that person that can't back into my spot anywhere.  

I still need one for my driveway. It may change when I have my van all set up to tow but with my friend's F-150 the sway bar set up bottomed out on the driveway going in so she had to pull it in. So, with a dolly I can turn it around and have much better access to it, and see the door from my  window rather than it facing away.  Makes for better driveway camping too. 

1 hour ago, Momoffive aka Loretta said:

I still need one for my driveway. It may change when I have my van all set up to tow but with my friend's F-150 the sway bar set up bottomed out on the driveway going in so she had to pull it in. So, with a dolly I can turn it around and have much better access to it, and see the door from my  window rather than it facing away.  Makes for better driveway camping too. 

One possible option I've seen other do is to have an additional hitch receiver installed on the front of their truck.  It is much easier to maneuver the trailer in this manner, especially if visibility is a problem.  The dolly options I've seen are pretty expensive and I've seen mixed reviews.  I think it would depend on the surface on which you'd be moving the trailer.

22 hours ago, Momoffive aka Loretta said:

Although it's expensive, the remote power mover is worth the price!!!