No trip reports ??

14 hours ago, jayco1 said:

Due to health issues we haven't been to the Fort for a while. Always enjoy reading the trip reports, especially Mr TCD. Hope to see some new ones, with pix, soon.      Thanks

I think since the TCD girls have grown and moved on the trip reports have come to a end. They were always a good read though. Try watching one of the live streamers on you tube it's better then nothing when you need a Disney fix. 

Also, unfortunately, since Photobucket got stupid with their pricing and really messed up their interface, a lot of folks have dumped them (including me), and have had trouble finding a similar alternative for posting pictures. It is much harder now.

6 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Also, unfortunately, since Photobucket got stupid with their pricing and really messed up their interface, a lot of folks have dumped them (including me), and have had trouble finding a similar alternative for posting pictures. It is much harder now.

That is a shame, always looked forward to reports.

We've been to the parks about once a month, but not to the Fort in over 2 years.

But that dry spell has ended.  We are booked for 3 nights in March.

Between availability of sites, weather, and time to go it's been hard to get there.

With a PUP it's not worth trying to go for 1 or 2 nights with setup and breakdown and even 3 is pushing it.

It was $149 a night for a partial.  That is hard to justify when we've gotten French Quarter for $105 a night. (but not this time of year).

13 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I think since the TCD girls have grown and moved on the trip reports have come to a end. They were always a good read though. Try watching one of the live streamers on you tube it's better then nothing when you need a Disney fix. 

Not quite. We haven't moved on so much as we have evolved. All of my daughters currently live in the Orlando area, and the twins are full time Disney employees in junior management positions. The twins have an apartment with a dedicated daybed for overnight guests, so our on-property stays have been greatly reduced. In the last year, we've been to Disneyland twice and taken two DCL cruises.  And we have made a lot of day trips to the parks  

Like Travisma mentioned in his comment, it's a huge PITA to stay at the Fort these days. It's hard to get a reservation, and the cost is outrageous. We've had a few quick cabin trips in the last year at CM rates, but even with the CM discount, those are overpriced. 

Like Carol mentioned above, photobucket made it a lot harder to post a photo intensive trip report. 

Our most recent cruise was earlier this month. I have enough photos for a short report. I will try to find the time to get a report going. 

TCD

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Not quite. We haven't moved on so much as we have evolved. All of my daughters currently live in the Orlando area, and the twins are full time Disney employees in junior management positions. The twins have an apartment with a dedicated daybed for overnight guests, so our on-property stays have been greatly reduced. In the last year, we've been to Disneyland twice and taken two DCL cruises.  And we have made a lot of day trips to the parks  

Like Travisma mentioned in his comment, it's a huge PITA to stay at the Fort these days. It's hard to get a reservation, and the cost is outrageous. We've had a few quick cabin trips in the last year at CM rates, but even with the CM discount, those are overpriced. 

Like Carol mentioned above, photobucket made it a lot harder to post a photo intensive trip report. 

Our most recent cruise was earlier this month. I have enough photos for a short report. I will try to find the time to get a report going. 

TCD

Yeah we bit the bullet and booked 3 nights.

The prices are outrageous, but so are a lot of the county and state campgrounds anymore.

We were looking at one down around Sarasota near the Gulf.  $60 a night and and additional $10 on the weekends.

Fort Desoto is up there, and those sites are almost as hard to get as the Fort.  And that's a long drive to see if you can get one of the ones they hold back from reservations.

We've been booking off site hotels thru the third party sites and have gotten some good deals (except this past weekend) like $77 a night for Embassy Suites with happy hour and great breakfasts.  Of course they now have resort and parking fees adding on an additional $33 a night.

7 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Glad yall are still traveling together, I swore I was taking a break from Disney (camp site prices have gotten insane) but knowing how fast my daughter is growing I booked another trip. For your trip report you may try uploading photos and  video to YouTube then posting a link here. That's what we will probably due for our next trip.

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

We've been to the parks about once a month, but not to the Fort in over 2 years.

But that dry spell has ended.  We are booked for 3 nights in March.

Between availability of sites, weather, and time to go it's been hard to get there.

With a PUP it's not worth trying to go for 1 or 2 nights with setup and breakdown and even 3 is pushing it.

It was $149 a night for a partial.  That is hard to justify when we've gotten French Quarter for $105 a night. (but not this time of year).

Not March 23rd to the 27th by any chance? 

I've only just bought a used PUP and have Lake Manatee State park booked (was pleasantly surprised at the cost, after bring used to Fort prices) for one night in a couple of weeks to try it out before taking it to the Fort for the first time.  Having not actually used it yet I may be being naive but I'm hoping the setup is quicker than with tents. Still having young kids, when it comes to hotels I preffer suites so we can have some space, which still makes the Fort cheaper in comparison. 

9 hours ago, slices said:

Not March 23rd to the 27th by any chance? 

I've only just bought a used PUP and have Lake Manatee State park booked (was pleasantly surprised at the cost, after bring used to Fort prices) for one night in a couple of weeks to try it out before taking it to the Fort for the first time.  Having not actually used it yet I may be being naive but I'm hoping the setup is quicker than with tents. Still having young kids, when it comes to hotels I preffer suites so we can have some space, which still makes the Fort cheaper in comparison. 

19th thru 22 (Tuesday to Friday).

We started back camping with an Coleman EZ Up tent which went up quick.  But then its all the accessories you need to set up, air beds or cots, etc. that add time.

Usually when we camp, my adult daughters and granddaughters come with us, so it's the PUP, tent, screen room, kitchen, etc.  Traveling down I-4 we looked like the Beverly Hillbillies with the truck bed overflowing.

This time it's probably just me and my wife, so a lot less stuff to bring.

I think last July I was something like 3 hours plus setting up, two tents, two A/C units, EZ up, grill, kitchen stuff etc. Really hoping I can get that time down a lot with the PUP, and make it easier to justify more trips. Although I can see myself doing more state parks than the Fort for a while.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:06 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I was surprised I didn't see you at Christmas. 

Have you guys tried flickr for pictures?  It is what I have been using.  I do wish we could host all the pictures, but we would run out of space very quickly and the cost factor per month would be so high.  

I look forward to seeing the WWW2019 report that Yvonne is making.  We all had so much fun last weekend.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Looking forward to some good tips partner.  We are on the Fantasy this summer.

On 2/23/2019 at 6:04 PM, Beckers said:

Flickr is a pita too. That’s why I never finished my last TR. too frustrating 

Why?  All you have to do is upload the picture, click on said picture and then copy and paste the https link.  I do this all the time.  It works wonders.

18 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Why?  All you have to do is upload the picture, click on said picture and then copy and paste the https link.  I do this all the time.  It works wonders.

Whoops I meant imgur. All sound the same 😂 I’ll have to try Flickr 

On 2/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

AMEN!  I tried to do a TR from last October and couldn't get my pix from my phone to Photobucket easily so by the time I returned to work I didn't have the time to fool with it.