No trip reports ??

Hi all I thought I’d jump in and comment since we are talking about the fort prices.  It’s been a while! I think our fam is about to bite the bullet and do another trip. We haven’t been since 2013!!! I hate to say it but I think we have been out priced. We have never stayed at the fort but we are big campers and have pulled our rig all over. We thought when we got to the all three kids over 3 mark (can’t say in a value regular room) we’d be at the fort. But we just can’t afford it and gas too. Doesn’t make since. We are going to stay off site (such a bummer) for 4 nights and can only afford 2 days at the parks and in case you were wondering, that’s still $1400. 

On our last trip we went during free dining. Only had 2 kids and one was under 3. We stayed 7 nights. Parks for 5 days. And our whole trip was $1800. Never did I dream that same trip with my crew of 3 kids (ages 5, 7, 11) would cost over $3500. 

I hate to complain because it’s not like it’s a must have. It’s a blessing to be able to go on even a small trip. But it seems kinda sad that they are pricing out regular folks. I mean even though the paying for parking thing for resort guest didn’t that big of a cost it still made me so aggravated when they announced it. 

Hope we can make it work! We want our little guy to get to go before we embark on his big surgery year next year. (He has 4 surgeries planned many states away for 2020). He is all about characters so we know he’ll love it. 

7 hours ago, fowlandfishmommy said:

Hi all I thought I’d jump in and comment since we are talking about the fort prices.  It’s been a while! I think our fam is about to bite the bullet and do another trip. We haven’t been since 2013!!! I hate to say it but I think we have been out priced. We have never stayed at the fort but we are big campers and have pulled our rig all over. We thought when we got to the all three kids over 3 mark (can’t say in a value regular room) we’d be at the fort. But we just can’t afford it and gas too. Doesn’t make since. We are going to stay off site (such a bummer) for 4 nights and can only afford 2 days at the parks and in case you were wondering, that’s still $1400. 

On our last trip we went during free dining. Only had 2 kids and one was under 3. We stayed 7 nights. Parks for 5 days. And our whole trip was $1800. Never did I dream that same trip with my crew of 3 kids (ages 5, 7, 11) would cost over $3500. 

I hate to complain because it’s not like it’s a must have. It’s a blessing to be able to go on even a small trip. But it seems kinda sad that they are pricing out regular folks. I mean even though the paying for parking thing for resort guest didn’t that big of a cost it still made me so aggravated when they announced it. 

Hope we can make it work! We want our little guy to get to go before we embark on his big surgery year next year. (He has 4 surgeries planned many states away for 2020). He is all about characters so we know he’ll love it. 

If you do get to go, off site or not, please add your trip report!  Also make sure you add your little one to our prayers board when he goes in for his surgeries!