3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes.  I will go pick it up and go over every inch with them.  I hope I'm always nice.  I can be firm... but hopefully I'm always kind and respectful (even if I have to remind myself of this, several times during some conversations :(:P).

Do you have any contact info for the repair shop itself, or just the secretary?

I would ask if you can email/call the repair shop manager/supervisor/foreman directly with your concerns and punch list of what you expect to be repaired.

Ask them if they will give you updates as they repair items and how the process is going.

If she is a decent secretary/administrative assistant, her primary job it to be the first line of defense between the "outside world" and the people she reports to.  And if it's like most companies they have cut back to the bare bones and she is overworked.

So schmooze her and try to get a direct line to the repair shop boss.  Let her know you appreciate everything she has done and that you don't want to further tie her up with questions when it would be easier for you and her if you bypassed her and dealt directly with repairs.

Just now, Travisma said:

Do you have any contact info for the repair shop itself, or just the secretary?

I would ask if you can email/call the repair shop manager/supervisor/foreman directly with your concerns and punch list of what you expect to be repaired.

Ask them if they will give you updates as they repair items and how the process is going.

If she is a decent secretary/administrative assistant, her primary job it to be the first line of defense between the "outside world" and the people she reports to.  And if it's like most companies they have cut back to the bare bones and she is overworked.

So schmooze her and try to get a direct line to the repair shop boss.  Let her know you appreciate everything she has done and that you don't want to further tie her up with questions when it would be easier for you and her if you bypassed her and dealt directly with repairs.

Right now, all I have is the phone number.  I had an email to the first person; this is his manager.  I was going to ask for her email address, when I called back to confirm going with a transport from KY.  Good suggestion on asking for the direct line to the floor supervisor in the shop.   She does seem like a nice person and I am prayerful that she is honest, easy to work with and Keystone will do a great job.

1 minute ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Hope this doesn't affect you...

Forest River Plant Fire..

https://www.rvbusiness.com/blog/fire-destroys-forest-river-plant-no-workers-hurt.html

No affect on her at all, Keystone is a Thor product. This fire was where the Vibe trailer by Forest River was made.

19 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

No affect on her at all, Keystone is a Thor product. This fire was where the Vibe trailer by Forest River was made.

Thankful no one was hurt!

21 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Hope this doesn't affect you...

Forest River Plant Fire..

https://www.rvbusiness.com/blog/fire-destroys-forest-river-plant-no-workers-hurt.html

Thanks for asking  ❤️

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2019 at 10:17 AM, geoffdaddy said:

Enquiring minds want to know... any updates?

The rig is slated to go to IN, July 15th.  We'll be in KY at that time, so we've agreed to allow their transport to pick it up and deliver it.  I will completely empty out the rig and take a ton of pictures and video.  I've selected Monday the 15th (the 14th would actually work better for us), as this way they driver should be able to drop it off with Keystone...the same day.    I will pick up the rig in IN (staying the night at Keystone, so I can check this over).   

I plan to call/email ever few days (once they've taken possession of our rig,) as I've heard horror stories of Keystone taking an insane amount of time to do repairs.  I've told them that I plan to be there, no later than, August 19th.    This gives them 5 weeks to make the repairs to the frame.  Heck, they could build us a entirely new one in just a few days, so 5 weeks to make a repair (I feel) is generous on my part.  So far, the people at Keystone have been very nice.  Praying that is stays that way and things go smoothly.

Nacole by the time you get to Elkhart to pick up your unit we will be on our way home by then, our leave date from there is August 18th, if times change and they get done earlier reach out and let me know. Hope all goes well with your repairs.

6 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Nacole by the time you get to Elkhart to pick up your unit we will be on our way home by then, our leave date from there is August 18th, if times change and they get done earlier reach out and let me know. Hope all goes well with your repairs.

Thank you, very much.  Appreciate you!