9 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I think the Poly and the Contemporary are the smallest parking lots at WDW so on busy times they restrict parking, we once did the Steam Tour and were told to park at the Contemporary and walk to the MK, I guess that early in the morning they make exceptions plus we could park there all day because of the tour.

We go to the poly quite often. It’s our favorite monorail Resort. 

And in the past we just parked where ever we wanted to. But last summer the guard had us park to the right, as you enter the parking lot.  

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I check out the Fort Wilderness facebook pages, I can't bring myself to participate.  All they seem to concentrate on is how to game the system, and also the latest fad they "must do".  That is

Sometime's when it's time to turn the page to another chapter in life, we resist mightily.  We are supposed to move on to a new, exciting phase in our lives, but we can't get there if we hang on to th

You're still a FORT FIEND... We haven't camped for 2 yrs, but everybody's still stuck with me posting....😂

Posted Images

3 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Interesting. I never knew or thought about a resorts parking lot getting full.  I just figured they had more than enough parking spots for all their guests. 

You would think so but especially for those resorts close to the parks people try to avoid the parking fee by parking at a resort. 

7 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact we are AP holders?

the guards know we get free parking at the parks. So maybe they figure there’s no need for us t try and park at a resort to avoid paying parking fees?

Been a A.P. holder since 2003.

2 hours ago, shaffecv said:

We had reservations at Ohana 2 years ago after we checked out at the Fort. Even with dinner reservations they guard made us turn around cause the lot was at capacity.

We had to park in the MK lot and take the tram to the ticket center and just walk over to the Poly.

That stinks!

Did they make you pay for parking?

19 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We go to the poly quite often. It’s our favorite monorail Resort. 

And in the past we just parked where ever we wanted to. But last summer the guard had us park to the right, as you enter the parking lot.  

That's the same lot we've been directed to the last couple of times we've visited there.

1 hour ago, shaffecv said:

No we are AP holders. I explained the situation to one of the attendants and he did let us break out of the line of cars and park the motorhome a bit closer to the Poly but still too far to walk.

Do you think part of the reason they made you park at the MK parking is because you were in your MoHo?

The last couple of years the Poly has been putting out the word (and signs) that for the 4th of July you had to have a room or dining reservation to get access to the resort, presumably to keep the crowds down on the beach.  Enforcing that in the parking lot wouldn't be hard with MBs, but not sure if/how they were doing anything about people arriving by boat or monorail.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:35 PM, southernview -- Ray said:

We are among those that the price has about wiped us out.  We have been going only one time a year for the last 3 years now and this year may be our last doing that.

We have found that there are numerous places we can go for much less so we usually end up camping several times a year at those places.

The DW and I both love Disney and still consider it our favorite destination, but we find that the variety of places to go that are much less expensive just outweigh the expense of going there.

We feel the same. We were going once a year but the pricing is crazy. We love Disney but they are driving us out. So last year we took a 4.5wk cross country trip with the camper and found that entire trip was cheaper than our 10 nights going to Disney. Not to mention we found it much more rewarding. 

On 4/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, BouncingTiggers said:

We feel the same. We were going once a year but the pricing is crazy. We love Disney but they are driving us out. So last year we took a 4.5wk cross country trip with the camper and found that entire trip was cheaper than our 10 nights going to Disney. Not to mention we found it much more rewarding. 

Yep. we're pretty much done with it at this point. I don't see us making another family trip there in the near future. My wife and I will probably fly down with friends to do a day or two at Food & Wine once in a while, but with kids in college and many other options for trips the costs just aren't worth it.

Maybe after the 50th and the dust settles on some of the new attractions we'll consider it, but we've had a great time the past few years just exploring different parts of the country (even though we snuck in a visit to the DVC in Hilton Head a couple of weeks ago for a dole whip - didn't stay there though).

Our older two did make us promise that after they turned 21 we'd go back so they could experience EPCOT from that perspective, though. 🥨🍹🍺

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on here in a long time, but found this thread and caught up in a hour or so. It's good to see many of the "old timers" still around, even if only posting here.   We spent December and into January at the Fort for 15-16 years with APs.  Then we went one year on a 10 day pass, and skipped the next year (to Dollywood).  This year was the first year we have  spent at home for Christmas in all that time.  A couple of Spring Breaks at Dollywood and a lot of the MH sitting in the driveway.  We hope to return to the Fort this winter, but it won't be the same.  Most of you don't know we suddenly lost our dear Kimberly in January a few weeks after she turned 21.  This has hit us hard, but we're trying to cope and keep Shawnee and Blake busy.  I finally packed the Christmas lights away that we had had in our front yard for Christmas.... we made the yard as gaudy as our Fort sites used to be.  We're going to Pigeon Forge for a week in July if I get the fridge fixed.  It goes in for a diagnosis Friday.  It's always something when we try to keep the MH available on a shoestring.  

9 minutes ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

I haven't been on here in a long time, but found this thread and caught up in a hour or so. It's good to see many of the "old timers" still around, even if only posting here.   We spent December and into January at the Fort for 15-16 years with APs.  Then we went one year on a 10 day pass, and skipped the next year (to Dollywood).  This year was the first year we have  spent at home for Christmas in all that time.  A couple of Spring Breaks at Dollywood and a lot of the MH sitting in the driveway.  We hope to return to the Fort this winter, but it won't be the same.  Most of you don't know we suddenly lost our dear Kimberly in January a few weeks after she turned 21.  This has hit us hard, but we're trying to cope and keep Shawnee and Blake busy.  I finally packed the Christmas lights away that we had had in our front yard for Christmas.... we made the yard as gaudy as our Fort sites used to be.  We're going to Pigeon Forge for a week in July if I get the fridge fixed.  It goes in for a diagnosis Friday.  It's always something when we try to keep the MH available on a shoestring.  

Very sorry for your loss. 

17 hours ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Sorry for your loss.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

so very sorry for your loss.