Consistent with their Inconsistencies!

So my wife tried to book a partial site for this weekend since my granddaughter doesn't have school on Monday.

Of course nothing was available on line for Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

She saw availability for Thursday thru Monday or Saturday thru Tuesday or longer stays.

A call to reservations didn't get her anywhere.

She called back later and was told the same thing, so she asked the agent if Saturday thru Monday was available on a longer stay why wasn't it just available for the 3 days.

This caused a commotion and a bump up to a higher level person. They said it was the Forts policy that you had to have a 4 day minimum stay.  They called the Fort front desk and they said no it was the reservation centers policy.

This went back and forth for a while and finally they told my wife there wasn't availability for Friday thru Monday (she had asked about those 4 days in frustration), but they did have an opening for Saturday thru Monday, which is what we wanted anyway. She grabbed that.

So Fort here we come!

It is not so much a policy, as it is an algorithm in their reservation software that limits weekend only stays when it gets a certain percentage full for the weekend.

They want to fill up the campground during the week.

If myself and/or Jason can get the first day correct, I usually don't even bother cancelling the remaining days until checkin (unless it's a huge amount of extra days, as all of those days will be charged to your card with online checkin).

You can drop extra days at checkin (or check out early), without penalty on a room only reservation.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:59 AM, Travisma said:

It was a last minute thing.

I just got the day off approved for Monday...

A 30 second email to Jason at any time of day or night, even last minute, no phone call, done!!

The ONLY time in the last 5 years, even last minute I haven't used Jason was when I was playing with the website myself, found an AP discount and just booked it. I was afraid it would disappear between the time I found it online and the time he could pull it up.

32 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

A 30 second email to Jason at any time of day or night, even last minute, no phone call, done!!

He even did a ressie change for me last night(non DIS)with his phone while waiting to be seated at a resturant.  

• 2 weeks later...