Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CMacRider

Should I Cancel?

Recommended Posts

I made reservations for a preferred site for January 2020.  I specifically wanted the 100, 200, and 300 loops due to proximity to the marina, beach, tavern...and especially the walking trail to the wilderness lodge. I’ve got 2 cattle dogs and no kids so walking was going to be a cornerstone of our time there. I am now reading about construction at old River Country, closings, building relocations, etc. Wondering if I should cancel and give it a couple years to settle out? Considering how much I’m spending, I wonder if it’s a waste considering all the tumult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever been to The Fort before?  If not, I would go because you will want to go back regardless of how impacted your trip is.  Many people will be reporting about the construction between now and then and you can make a decision closer to that time. I have reservations in the fall and will certainly report back what I am seeing.  I would say you can find many places to walk your dogs even if the path goes away.  The dog park is just down from the 100-300 loops and should be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Try for the 300 loop and you’ll be closer to the dog park, the pool and the Meadows Trading Post. I think you’ll be fine. 

There's also a really nice area to walk your dogs along the canal.

I think you'll be fine too but I'll second keeping the reservation and waiting to see how things go as it gets closer to your dates. And stay tuned here.  We've got some great Fiends on the Scene™ that are keeping us updated with first hand info on everything going on. (Thanks y'all!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

There's also a really nice area to walk your dogs along the canal.

I think you'll be fine too but I'll second keeping the reservation and waiting to see how things go as it gets closer to your dates. And stay tuned here.  We've got some great Fiends on the Scene™ that are keeping us updated with first hand info on everything going on. (Thanks y'all!!)

Yes, I'd wait.  You can cancel later as the date gets closer, if the reports coming in don't look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...