New Campsite Categories at the Fort

20 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But also less people spending money in the parks and at TE.  

That might be true.  For the locals, I don't think it's so as they seem to load up a site (and the pool) and then just party all night... never leaving to eat out.   

This is the same argument for APs.  Believe it or not (as we did have them for several years), I'm not actually a huge fan on APs as I think it makes parks (all parks, not just Disney) more crowded.  But more AP holders than not, will spend money at parks.

17 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

A lot of campgrounds near us and also down at the Jersey shore ( beach ) do a large seasonal business but in comparison a whole season cost about as much as one week at a beach house so for some that makes better economic sense. We used to do that and it was nice just show up Friday unlock turn on the water and your good to go, no towing no set up and when you leave lock up turn off the water and go home.

There is a nice private campground on. a peninsula in the lake close to where we live. Great elevated 180 degree views of the lake.  Rates are about $90 a night.  However, you can rent a site for the summer months at about $900 a month.  Many people just do that and park their camper all summer long.  They call it their redneck lake house.  Weekend sites are hard to get but during the week I've never had trouble getting a site.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:29 AM, Travisma said:

Since Disney is private and doesn't say a lot about their occupancy rates everything is pure speculation on how full they are at any given time, except for the Fort.

We had a discussion with a now retired manager at the Fort a year or two ago.  According to this person, the Fort had the highest occupancy rate of any Disney property world-wide.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, PghBob said:

We had a discussion with a now retired manager at the Fort a year or two ago.  According to this person, the Fort had the highest occupancy rate of any Disney property world-wide.

I personally wouldn't have any doubt after what we used to see over the winters.

I would love to see a list of the occupancy rates, and a comparison of costs per unit (site) between the Fort and the various resorts.

To me, it would seem like the Fort is a huge $$$ maker. 

Not a lot to air condition compared to the resort rooms and common areas.

Not as much cleaning or even upkeep.  Yeah the Fort has a lot of grounds to maintain. but so do most of the resorts, and they are a lot more "detailed" than the Fort with a quick mow and go.

Sure some sites suck down the electricity with their 10,000 watts of lighting, but most hotel guest leave every light and the TV on when they leave the room for the day, plus all the electricity to keep the rest of the building running,

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

I would love to see a list of the occupancy rates, and a comparison of costs per unit (site) between the Fort and the various resorts.

To me, it would seem like the Fort is a huge $$$ maker. 

Not a lot to air condition compared to the resort rooms and common areas.

Not as much cleaning or even upkeep.  Yeah the Fort has a lot of grounds to maintain. but so do most of the resorts, and they are a lot more "detailed" than the Fort with a quick mow and go.

Sure some sites suck down the electricity with their 10,000 watts of lighting, but most hotel guest leave every light and the TV on when they leave the room for the day, plus all the electricity to keep the rest of the building running,

That would be interesting to see a comparison of a resort vs the fort on who makes the most.

Sign me up for the new Uber premium sites.  If your driving all the way there and spending all the money that is involved w a Disney trip than yea I want the super duper premimum site. Booking our 3rd trip soon. Went down in in November 2015 and again November 2017. Thinking end of August 2020 this time as kids are getting bigger and miss too much if we take them out of school. But if they have better sites avail I’ll take em. We had top tier sites the last 2 times, I never request sites as I don’t feel I know enough to out weigh the luck of the draw.  But honestly they both kinda stunk. Hard to get into and neither one had room to fit my 40’ fifth wheel, crew cab truck,  golf cart and all the accessories that my wife and 3 daughters cart along without the kids having to ride their bikes thru the bushes to get off the site. Sites at yogi bears campgrounds and similar  in the north east are going upwards of 140$ so I’ll pay a little more for Disney.