Hi all!  I'm a newbie here on the site, but we are headed to The World in June and will be camping at Fort Wilderness.  I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the best, or their favorite, site on the 300 loop?  For informational purposes, we have a 26 foot travel trailer with 1 slide.  On the trip will be myself, DH, DD10 and DD12.  My parents are also coming with us, but they have a separate room at Wilderness Lodge.  I'm sure they will come hangout some at our site.  Looking for something that has some shade and maybe not *rightontop* of your neighbor.  Thanks all! 

Our favorite sites in 300 are about midway through on the outside - 333, 334, 335, and even the next few more.

There's lots of space between the sites, and those 3 back up to bushes, so they feel pretty private. There's a decent mix of shade and sun throughout the day.

They're also close to the dog walk entrance along the canal, which even if you don't have a dog is a nice place to take a walk or go fishing.

You should fit in any of those with no problem.  We have a 33' TT + a Ford Excursion and we manage to squeeze both (approx. 50' total), a 9x12 dog pen and a golf cart into 334 and 335.

14 hours ago, Theed31u said:

My family will be going down in June also.  We were looking at the 300 loop.  Does the 300 loop have any advantages over the 100 and 200 loops?  What made you look at the 300 over the other preferred sites?

For us the proximity to the dog walk and dog park were the big draws - especially since once upon a time it was the only preferred pet loop. 

19 hours ago, Theed31u said:

My family will be going down in June also.  We were looking at the 300 loop.  Does the 300 loop have any advantages over the 100 and 200 loops?  What made you look at the 300 over the other preferred sites?

Honestly, because I had read somewhere this was the most desirable preferred loop with proximity to the other resort amenities.  

16 hours ago, gendaisy said:

Honestly, because I had read somewhere this was the most desirable preferred loop with proximity to the other resort amenities.  

There is a trail around the back of 300 that leads into the Settlement which is nice (although super dark at night) but 100 and 200 are closer to the Settlement.  And none of the preferred loops are as close to the Meadows (pool, trading post, etc.) as the full hookup loops and some of the premiums.