WWW2019 The Womenz are no longer "Roughing it"

Way back even before even going to WWW2018, the WW began planning WWW2019. We are just that dedicated. Well, that and we wanted to get the trip booked before they started charging for the extra parking. Sometimes we have 3 or 4 extra cars that are driven down. So the planning began and we decided upon President's Weekend 2019.  At first, there was some discussion of Carol driving Kelly's camper. Myself riding with Carol to Kelly's to get the camper. Alas, my visions of a Thelma and Louise trip to the Fort was short lived when Kelly realized she would not be able to leave until Thursday evening.  We had a weekend picked and the planning and Count Down officially began. 

Unfortunately, two of our favorite Wild Womenz had to cancel. Mo and Nicole (aka Nuck and Futz) would not be able to join us. Nicole's husband had some medical issues come up. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He seems to be on the road to a full recovery. 

This year we decided to rent a camper from Camper Rental of Deleon Springs. They are one of the places that will deliver the camper to your site. We highly recommend this service. I contacted Dawn and she was quick to answer my messages.  Camper rented and we planned how we would all be getting there. Frontier Airlines just recently started flying from HSV to MCO. As it so happened there was a Thursday evening flight. So, I booked that. Kelly flew in from Atlanta. Marty drove in from SC. Sarah flew in from NC. Jen drove in from AL. Gretchen lives practically at the Fort and had the shortest trip. Finally, Carol, the most amazing of all the Womenz began her journey from AL on Wednesday afternoon.  Her first stop was to Kelly's where she picked up the golf cart. 

VM3vDVc.jpg

um8L6qt.jpg

She stopped for the evening somewhere in Georgia. She'll have to say where because I can't remember.  Then got back on the road Thursday morning and before long she arrived at our site.

VKd7LjD.jpg

The golf cart was unhooked and ready to go.

Vi4wECq.jpg

From my understanding, Kelly's Jason was most impressed with Carol's knowledge when it came to towing. 

Meanwhile, Marty had left early Thursday morning and before we knew it she had made it to Florida.

5JRlP1d.jpg

As I said I had booked a flight on Frontier. I had heard some scary things. But truth be told it was a good flight and I would book it again. Now, remember how I said Carol was the most amazing of all the womenz? Well, I only booked a one-way ticket. That's right folks I decided to move to WDW. All right not really. Carol graciously offered that I could ride back with her. We live in the same town. Not only that, but she also took my stuff down with her so I would not have to pay for luggage. She did the same for Kelly's. She picked her stuff up when she got the golf cart.

Before you knew Kelly was at the Atlanta Airport and waiting to board her flight. She wasn't the pilot so she enjoyed this while she waited.

47lrzip.jpg

I boarded my flight and awaited takeoff.

JpepmoG.jpg

Soon after Kelly was on her flight. 

aSB80e6.jpg

In the meantime, Marty arrived at the Fort. She and Carol found their way to the boat dock. If I remember correctly they headed over to MK and then over to TT. Carol was wanting to check on a non-expiring ticket that still had some days left. 

Uhs8LYN.jpgAt

At some point they also ended up here.

P6946V2.jpg

Our flights arrived at MCO and we boarded the DME. It was late so obviously, there were probably going to be more stops than normal. We expected that. What we did not expect was the order of the stops. From the airport, the stops would be GF, WL, CR and finally FW. We decided the heck with that. Kelly used her handy dandy notebook, oops I mean Uber app and we got off the DME at GF and took an Uber to the Fort. Marty and Carol met us up front and took us back to the site.  Jen had some last minute distractions and decided it would be best to wait to leave Friday morning rather than drive late Thursday evening. Sarah would also be arriving on Friday morning. 

In and first!  How appropriate that I pop on here and happen to catch the beginning of your TR!

Not unlike when I was at the Fort recently and popped on to catch the latest, only to find out I was there at the same time all of you were!

I look forward to hearing more about your weekend.  And, I am so glad I got to meet all of you!

8 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Way back even before even going to WWW2018, the WW began planning WWW2019. We are just that dedicated. Well, that and we wanted to get the trip booked before they started charging for the extra parking. Sometimes we have 3 or 4 extra cars that are driven down. So the planning began and we decided upon President's Weekend 2019.  At first, there was some discussion of Carol driving Kelly's camper. Myself riding with Carol to Kelly's to get the camper. Alas, my visions of a Thelma and Louise trip to the Fort was short lived when Kelly realized she would not be able to leave until Thursday evening.  We had a weekend picked and the planning and Count Down officially began. 

Unfortunately, two of our favorite Wild Womenz had to cancel. Mo and Nicole (aka Nuck and Futz) would not be able to join us. Nicole's husband had some medical issues come up. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He seems to be on the road to a full recovery. 

This year we decided to rent a camper from Camper Rental of Deleon Springs. They are one of the places that will deliver the camper to your site. We highly recommend this service. I contacted Dawn and she was quick to answer my messages.  Camper rented and we planned how we would all be getting there. Frontier Airlines just recently started flying from HSV to MCO. As it so happened there was a Thursday evening flight. So, I booked that. Kelly flew in from Atlanta. Marty drove in from SC. Sarah flew in from NC. Jen drove in from AL. Gretchen lives practically at the Fort and had the shortest trip. Finally, Carol, the most amazing of all the Womenz began her journey from AL on Wednesday afternoon.  Her first stop was to Kelly's where she picked up the golf cart. 

VM3vDVc.jpg

um8L6qt.jpg

She stopped for the evening somewhere in Georgia. She'll have to say where because I can't remember.  Then got back on the road Thursday morning and before long she arrived at our site.

VKd7LjD.jpg

Vi4wECq.jpg

From my understanding, Kelly's Jason was most impressed with Carol's knowledge when it came to towing. 

Meanwhile, Marty had left early Thursday morning and before we knew it she had made it to Florida.

5JRlP1d.jpg

As I said I had booked a flight on Frontier. I had heard some scary things. But truth be told it was a good flight and I would book it again. Now, remember how I said Carol was the most amazing of all the womenz? Well, I only booked a one-way ticket. That's right folks I decided to move to WDW. All right not really. Carol graciously offered that I could ride back with her. We live in the same town. Not only that, but she also took my stuff down with her so I would not have to pay for luggage. She did the same for Kelly's. She picked her stuff up when she got the golf cart.

Before you knew Kelly was at the Atlanta Airport and waiting to board her flight. She wasn't the pilot so she enjoyed this while she waited.

47lrzip.jpg

JpepmoG.jpg

aSB80e6.jpg

In the meantime, Marty arrived at the Fort. She and Carol found their way to the boat dock. If I remember correctly they headed over to MK and then over to TT. Carol was wanting to check on a non-expiring ticket that still had some days left. 

Uhs8LYN.jpgAt

P6946V2.jpg

Our flights arrived at MCO and we boarded the DME. It was late so obviously, there were probably going to be more stops than normal. We expected that. What we did not expect was the order of the stops. From the airport, the stops would be GF, WL, CR and finally FW. We decided the heck with that. Kelly used her handy dandy notebook, oops I mean Uber app and we got off the DME at GF and took an Uber to the Fort. Marty and Carol met us up front and took us back to the site.  Jen had some last minute distractions and decided it would be best to wait to leave Friday morning rather than drive late Thursday evening. Sarah would also be arriving on Friday morning. 

I ended up stopping in Adel, GA for the night. It was probably a bit too far. I didn't take into account not being familiar with towing something actually narrower than my truck. My back window was blocked by "stuff", and at night, I couldn't see the trailer in my mirrors, so I stopped a bit more than I normally would just to check on things, and took it a bit slower.

However, the extra tow time paid off as I got to Disney fairly early in the morning, was able to pick up stuff at Wal-Mart, and get all my errands done just before the camper arrived 🙂

As I was leaving Wal-Mart, Dawn called and said they were ready to place the camper on the site if I knew my site number. Well, I did not yet, so I called the number she gave me, and then found out we had site 1601, so I told Dawn, and between the time I left Wal-Mart and got to the Fort (about 20 minutes), they already had the camper set up!!

I then spent some time unloading the cart, and then ferrying some stuff from my truck to the camper. Went by the front desk and picked up some parking passes and Yvonne's ticket that she had sent to the Fort front desk, and just relaxed in the sunshine. Marty arrived a bit later. I helped her unload, then we went in search of dinner. 🙂

We stopped at the Geyser Grill over at WL. Fabulous dinner!!!

Then yes, we went over to MK Guest Relations. I had a ticket from 2006 that was my son's. I thought it was at least two days. I know tickets are non-transferrable, but, geez that was ancient history, I paid for it, and I wanted to use those days. After about an hour of poking around on the computer with the paperwork I had, the guy finally found the ticket and put it on my MagicBand. He said there was four days left. I was ecstatic!!! However, after checking MDE later, it was actually only one day. I'm not upset. I will use that someday, perhaps, if I'm there for work or something, and have just a day to visit.

Marty and I then went back to the camper to await the rest of the late flight arrivals. They all arrived, and the laughter began!!

12 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I’m in. And second. 

I’m glad to know that second is still the number one spot. Lol. 

Look forward to reading more!

As my children say “first is the worst, second is the best” or at least that’s what they say when they lose 😂

19 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

VM3vDVc.jpg

um8L6qt.jpg

VKd7LjD.jpg

Vi4wECq.jpg

5JRlP1d.jpg

47lrzip.jpg

JpepmoG.jpg

aSB80e6.jpg

Uhs8LYN.jpgAt

P6946V2.jpg

I always have last minute distractions.  They usually involve something breaking and me fixing them.  That night, it was the trailer, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for joining in and patiently waiting for the update. I apologize that it has taken me so long to get back to this report. 

So, Friday started off late and slow for most of us. Not for Sarah though she had an early morning flight and before we knew it she was at the Outpost. Marty took off on the golf cart to pick her up. Gretchen was going t be joining us for the weekend as well and would be heading over today. Jen had gotten on the road at some point Friday morning.  Aside from Kelly and I having booked some Fastpasses for Soarin that day, as per WWW bylaws there were no plans. Late morning Kelly and I headed over to Epcot. 

KW4x9Rr.jpg

ODtNtXi.jpg

We made our way over to Soarin and got in the Fastpass line. 

IhZBT65.jpg

After that, we headed over to the World Showcase. When in the World Showcase one must do what the World Showcasians do. So we did.

l2EVsOb.jpgK

EE1IGXI.jpg

ZOLQAYO.jpg

Marty and Sarah caught up with Kelly and me in Mexico.

GNnsabL.jpg

At some point, Jen made it to Epcot to and after stopping to pick up these joined us too.

koD93BL.jpg

Did I mention we were in Mexico?

kaJC8u7.jpg

Ey40iKy.jpg

Following our visit to Mexico,  Kelly decided to head off by herself for a bit.  I am not sure where she went, but from the looks of this, it was somewhere that required her to ride the monorail.

9TR1Hf5.jpg

That's the thing about WWW everything is so flexible. It's like a being on a retreat.

We met up with Carol and rode Frozen Ever.

h1Y720R.jpg

As you saw it was the Festival of the Arts while we were here so here are some pictures relating to the Festival itself.

sT78orb.jpg

kO1Z4UM.jpg

TD4sTg6.jpg

buEmYvh.jpg

19 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

Thank you all for joining in and patiently waiting for the update. I apologize that it has taken me so long to get back to this report. 

So, Friday started off late and slow for most of us. Not for Sarah though she had an early morning flight and before we knew it she was at the Outpost. Marty took off on the golf cart to pick her up. Gretchen was going t be joining us for the weekend as well and would be heading over today. Jen had gotten on the road at some point Friday morning.  Aside from Kelly and I having booked some Fastpasses for Soarin that day, as per WWW bylaws there were no plans. Late morning Kelly and I headed over to Epcot. 

KW4x9Rr.jpg

ODtNtXi.jpg

We made our way over to Soarin and got in the Fastpass line. 

IhZBT65.jpg

After that, we headed over to the World Showcase. When in the World Showcase one must do what the World Showcasians do. So we did.

l2EVsOb.jpgK

EE1IGXI.jpg

ZOLQAYO.jpg

Marty and Sarah caught up with Kelly and me in Mexico.

GNnsabL.jpg

At some point, Jen made it to Epcot to and after stopping to pick up these joined us too.

koD93BL.jpg

Did I mention we were in Mexico?

kaJC8u7.jpg

Ey40iKy.jpg

Following our visit to Mexico,  Kelly decided to head off by herself for a bit.  I am not sure where she went, but from the looks of this, it was somewhere that required her to ride the monorail.

9TR1Hf5.jpg

That's the thing about WWW everything is so flexible. It's like a being on a retreat.

We met up with Carol and rode Frozen Ever.

h1Y720R.jpg

As you saw it was the Festival of the Arts while we were here so here are some pictures relating to the Festival itself.

sT78orb.jpg

kO1Z4UM.jpg

TD4sTg6.jpg

buEmYvh.jpg

Those chalk artists are really talented. Unfortunately, during our time in Epcot, I had to make a side trip over to the Beach Club and find a quiet corner to listen to a conference call. I was able to join back later.

21 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Those chalk artists are really talented. Unfortunately, during our time in Epcot, I had to make a side trip over to the Beach Club and find a quiet corner to listen to a conference call. I was able to join back later.

Hmmm,  so there aren't any quiet spots available in EPCOT, or did the quiet corner at the Beach Club happen to be near  oh just a wild guess BEACHES and CREAM?

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Hmmm,  so there aren't any quiet spots available in EPCOT, or did the quiet corner at the Beach Club happen to be near  oh just a wild guess BEACHES and CREAM?

Well since I didn't have any headphones with me, I really did need a quiet corner. I found a spot way back on one of the walkways near some guestroom patios.