New Nighttime experience for kids

http://wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-beach-club-resort/news/08mar2019-captain-hooks-pirate-crew-at-disneys-beach-club-resort.htm

The new "Captain Hook's Pirate Crew" at Disney's Beach Club Resort is the latest immersive experience for kids at Walt Disney World Resort.

Taking place from 5pm to 8:30pm, Captain Hook will be lookin’ for a new band of adventurers to learn the pirate code and follow clues leading to hidden treasure. As part of Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew, these young buccaneers will comb through the resort and set sail on a pontoon boat around Crescent Lake including an escape room type experience. Once the treasure is unearthed, all join in a Pirate Feast that includes selections such as Cannon Meatballs with marinara or macaroni and “gold” sauce for entrees, along with a treasure chest treat or fruit for dessert.

Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew is priced at $55 (plus tax) per child and is available for ages 4 to 12; the adventures begin April 28 2019. For more information or to book a reservation, call 407-824-KIDS.

The Pixar Play Zone experience at Disney's Contemporary Resort ends on March 30 2019.

I wish they'd left the kids club at the Polynesian, that was all evening and they got fed. We tried the kids there once just before it got closed, and they loved it. Whereas this is only three hours and a lot more structured.

Rumour is this one is replacing the Pixar play at the Contemporary that started last year, didn't try that partly because I was worried about how my son would cope with the structure, but also my wife didn't like the sound of any of the restaurants at the contemporary for dinner without the kids.  This seems even more structured so probably won't be trying this.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:16 AM, slices said:

I wish they'd left the kids club at the Polynesian, that was all evening and they got fed. We tried the kids there once just before it got closed, and they loved it. Whereas this is only three hours and a lot more structured.

Rumour is this one is replacing the Pixar play at the Contemporary that started last year, didn't try that partly because I was worried about how my son would cope with the structure, but also my wife didn't like the sound of any of the restaurants at the contemporary for dinner without the kids.  This seems even more structured so probably won't be trying this.

I agree. Z did enjoy the Pixar one though. This is so short.

My daughter is going to be upset. She went to the kids activity area at the Beach Club a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Next time we tried to go, it was closed. She has been to the PPZ 3 times in the last year and loves it, always asks to go, now I have to break it to her that they closed it right before our next trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they have something else in place by next January for our anniversary. Our daughter would MUCH rather have fun and play with new friends than go eat at Monsieur Paul, lol.