Disneyland, California west coast

On 3/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, Beckers said:

lots of info on here to look up and think about, which is why I knew we needed to plan this one a year in advance. 

Definitely plan a year in advance, especially if you plan on staying in any of the National Parks. We had to book exactly a year in advance to reserve a tent cabin on the Yosemite Valley floor.

Also if you may be renting a car with a different drop off location we found the earlier the better, and look for a company with no drop off fee. We reserved a Ford Expedition pick up in LA, drop off in SF, we paid around $700 for 12 days. As the months went on that price climbed to over $2000! 

56 minutes ago, dvccamper said:

Definitely plan a year in advance, especially if you plan on staying in any of the National Parks. We had to book exactly a year in advance to reserve a tent cabin on the Yosemite Valley floor.

Also if you may be renting a car with a different drop off location we found the earlier the better, and look for a company with no drop off fee. We reserved a Ford Expedition pick up in LA, drop off in SF, we paid around $700 for 12 days. As the months went on that price climbed to over $2000! 

All good info, especially the car rental!! Thank you!!

If you do decide to go up the coast to SF, you may want to plan an evening at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.   This is the little amusement park you see in the movie ' The Lost Boys'.  It has a nice old wooden coaster, and newer metal coaster with a neat little drop that made me squeak ( and I'm a serious coaster rider, hardly anything scares me anymore),  a vintage haunted house with a fun tradition, and a lovely old carousel, with a brass ring machine that still works!   It's free to walk around, you pay for each ride you want to go on, or buy a wristband. 

https://beachboardwalk.com/