MK Commemorative Bricks for Sale

From WDWNT...

Walt Disney World Commemorative Brick Kiosks Now Open at Disney Springs and the Magic Kingdom

March 18, 2019

As previously announced, Disney’s Walk Around the World bricks at the Magic Kingdom are set to be removed, but due to the design of these historical bricks, they cannot be removed individually. As part of a solution to this dilemma, Disney is providing Walk Around the World participants with vouchers to redeem take-home bricks at new Commemorative Brick Kiosks at Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs. Always wanted to own a Walk Around the World brick? Disney is also giving non-brick owners the option to create new ones to take home.

Here’s a look at the Disney Springs location at the Marketplace Co-Op:

commemorative brick kiosk disney springs marketplace co-op walt disney world

Bricks come in 6-inch, 8-inch, and ornament (Coming Soon!) size options.

There are also exclusive art styles for original Walk Around the World participants, Annual Passholders, and DVC members.

Anyone who sponsored a brick can purchase a commemorative version between now and Aug. 31, 2019. Guests can stop by City Hall at Magic Kingdom Park or Guest Relations at Disney Springs to verify their previous brick by sharing the name and hometown of the Guest who sponsored it.

After verification, they will be given a one-time use voucher to present by, or before Aug. 31, 2019, at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (at Magic Kingdom Park – separate theme park admission required) or the Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs), enabling you to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax).

Guests can buy the commemorative bricks at the Tomorrowland Light and Power Co. at Magic Kingdom

Non-Walk Around the World participants can still purchase a 6” brick ($29.99 plus tax – available now), 8” brick ($49.99 plus tax – available now) and ornament ($24.99 plus tax – on sale soon), all with customization included.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/walt-disney-world-commemorative-brick-kiosks-now-open-at-disney-springs-and-the-magic-kingdom/?fbclid=IwAR2K7ifIhIGUyo9sPQnCJiWTB3DrqiYoGlewHIGYHnNaNqwsQPq1PtDeATU

Let me see if I have this straight.  Disney used to sell commemorative bricks to guests, personalized with their family's name or whatever they chose to have inscribed, for use on a walkway around Seven Seas Lagoon.  I don't know exactly how Disney described these pavers at the time, but you can search online for information about the program and find the words "permanent" and "legacy" in many places, including on Disney's own Moms Panel website.  There is also information that indicates the bricks cost anywhere between $85-250 depending on size.  And now Disney intends to rip this walkway up, and it's not possible to save the commemorative bricks.  That you paid between $85-250 for.  But wait, don't worry!  If you previously purchased a commemorative paver that is about to be destroyed, Disney will now SELL YOU ANOTHER ONE!  Of course, this new one is at a much lower price of $10.  Which is about $9 more than it would cost you to buy one at Home Depot along with some stencils to make your own at home....which is precisely where the new brick will sit.  At home.  Not permanently along a pathway at the Magic Kingdom where you thought your brick would reside for you to visit on future trips, leaving a legacy for your children and grandchildren to someday seek out.  

I didn't buy one of these pavers, but if I did I'd be pissed.  It's unconscionable that Disney is actually charging previous purchasers $10 to get another to take home.  Not only should a replacement brick be provided to these people for free, but they should get some free FP's, meal vouchers, or something of value as a goodwill token in exchange for the $85-250 they previously spent on bricks that are getting ripped up and tossed in the trash.  

11 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

that's a horse of a different color.

No this is a horse of a different color.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN75xqpqCGE

The guarantee from Disney was the brick would stay in place for 10 years. Since it ended in 2000 the guarantee would have expired in 2010. Looking at the installed pavers I think they could take them up individually but my guess is they want to do it on the cheap with a front loader and a dumpster. Still stinks if you ask me.

I get it if they were only supposed to be in place for 10 years, and it's been close to 20.  At the very least, Disney should apply a bit more editorial control over the responses given by the Mom's Panel.  

This program allowed guests to purchase a paver that would forever be a part of Walt Disney World.  

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/buy-paver-commemorative-stone-magic-kingdom-last-time-339068/

But hey, who am I to question the all-knowing Disney Mom's Panel??

31 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I get it if they were only supposed to be in place for 10 years, and it's been close to 20.  At the very least, Disney should apply a bit more editorial control over the responses given by the Mom's Panel.  

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/buy-paver-commemorative-stone-magic-kingdom-last-time-339068/

But hey, who am I to question the all-knowing Disney Mom's Panel??

Depending upon how old you are 10 years is forever.

Well we are one of the people that own a brick on the walk.  It is in front of the TTC on the way to the Polynesian. It is very close to shade structure where used to have automated ticket machines. We have a commemorative clear plastic "trophy" style replica of the brick that came with our purchase.  I will probably order one and pay the extra shipping cost because I won't get to Disney until October this year.

We got ours in 1998 on my wife and I's first trip together to Disney.  We were told at the time of purchase that Disney reserved the right to remove them at anytime without refund. I had hoped they would be there "forever".  However, as we can see with River Country and the Fort nothing at Disney is forever.

Ok, I know that if I was a person who owned a brick, I would be pissed.  However....

From the perspective of someone who has literally kicked herself since the late 90's for NOT buying one, I am all in?  Why? Because I was actually researching places on where I could get one custom made for us.  Now, I don't have to and I can get a couple for a fraction of the price I was looking at crazy folks who would even consider such a venture.

Yes, call me insane if you would like, but I have wanted one of these FOREVER it seems.  It is one of those items I cannot explain, but to say ok, I give in to the greed.  

I will be in line next week to get mine.

13 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Ok, I know that if I was a person who owned a brick, I would be pissed.  However....

From the perspective of someone who has literally kicked herself since the late 90's for NOT buying one, I am all in?  Why? Because I was actually researching places on where I could get one custom made for us.  Now, I don't have to and I can get a couple for a fraction of the price I was looking at crazy folks who would even consider such a venture.

I have to say that if they're still offering these the next time we're there, I'll likely get one too.  We don't have a lot of decorations out in the yard, but one of these would look great in the garden next to the George the gargoyle.  ;) 

On 3/20/2019 at 7:51 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I have to say that if they're still offering these the next time we're there, I'll likely get one too.  We don't have a lot of decorations out in the yard, but one of these would look great in the garden next to the George the gargoyle.  ;) 

I was thinking the same thing.  I have a Minnie and Micky garden statue I got at Flower and Garden years ago that I would put the brick with.

My mom bought my husband and I one for our wedding. We honeymooned at Disney and have checked on our brick every trip since. We are both mad and sad that they are ripping up the walk way. The bricks have already been moved once so the idea that they can not be saved is bull. Will we buy one for  $10+ not sure. There is a part if me that wants to but then the other part that is tired of feeding the mouse.

I contacted Guest Services per the information and here is what I got back.  More money to the mouse...by choice of course.  Hope this helps anyone else thinking about getting one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for being a valued Guest and a sponsor of “Disney’s Walk Around the World” brick program.

Here at the Walt Disney World Resort, we are committed to enhancing the overall Guest experience at all of our Theme Parks. As part of these ongoing updates, the personalized hexagonal bricks from the “Disney’s Walk Around the World” program will be retired as we literally pave the way for the future. Work will begin in front of Magic Kingdom Park and the Transportation and Ticket Center first and the remaining bricks will be retiring in future phases. While the “Disney’s Walk Around the World” program was only initially planned to be on display until 2011, we hope our Guests and sponsors enjoyed the time they have had to display their bricks.

Since these bricks were not designed to be removed individually, they will not be available to take home. Instead, Guests who sponsored a brick may purchase a commemorative version to have. This promotion code allows the original sponsor to purchase the commemorative version at a special price of $10 plus tax and shipping:

Your promotion code*: XXXXXXXXXX (deleted by YC for obvious reasons)

This one-time use promotion code can ONLY be used for orders placed on shopDisney.com, once it is released on shopDisney.com at the end of April. Please note, this code will only be valid for shopDisney.com and may not be redeemed in person at our Theme Parks, Disney Springs, or any other Disney retail location.

Thank you again for your sponsorship and we look forward to sharing more updates regarding the ongoing enhancements in the future.

Best Regards,

Darius Johnston‍
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

*Promotion code expires August 31, 2019. Cannot be used in combination with any other offers or discounts on the commemorative brick. Code has no cash value and may not be sold or transferred. Not valid on previous purchases. We reserve the right to reject any personalization request for any reason in our sole discretion. Once personalized, your commemorative brick order is non-cancellable, non-refundable, and non-returnable. Offer subject to change without notice. While supplies last.