• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta say these are pretty darned cute! Follow the link below for full article/pics...

Find the NEW Minnie Mouse Balloon Popcorn Bucket in Magic Kingdom!

By  

The Mickey Mouse Balloon Popcorn Bucket found in Magic Kingdom now has his picture-perfect match…

minnie-mouse-balloon-popcorn-bucket-apriminnie-mouse-balloon-popcorn-bucket-apri

… since the Minnie Mouse Balloon Popcorn Bucket has now arrived in Magic Kingdom!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/04/12/find-the-new-minnie-mouse-balloon-popcorn-bucket-in-magic-kingdom/?fbclid=IwAR3zVC96tcgJjbCLyOkKMx2zXJAhyUtKs3GypRYrw0DsFJVes_woOyw2qUE

On 4/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

There definitely cute but $18? That seems kind of high. Even for Disney

And by the FB posts where everyone is trying to locate them or whining that they are sold out, Disney is raking in the $$$$$.

How much $$ is too much?

Seems like Disney Fanatics have bottomless wallets/purses when something new comes out.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

There definitely cute but $18? That seems kind of high. Even for Disney

Regular refillable popcorn bucket is $10 with popcorn. Refills are $2, saving $3 on a serving of popcorn, which as Disney snack prices go isn't bad.  Therefore if you get the bucket refilled twice, you have broken even.

The question is do you want to pay the extra $8 for a special bucket, and how often are you going to get a new one.

Then there's the people who buy new ones every time they come out , or even worse the ones that buy ten of them and sell them on ebay.

26 minutes ago, slices said:

Regular refillable popcorn bucket is $10 with popcorn. Refills are $2, saving $3 on a serving of popcorn, which as Disney snack prices go isn't bad.  Therefore if you get the bucket refilled twice, you have broken even.

The question is do you want to pay the extra $8 for a special bucket, and how often are you going to get a new one.

Then there's the people who buy new ones every time they come out , or even worse the ones that buy ten of them and sell them on ebay.

I've only purchased the Pluto Christmas one, and that was because I got caught up in the moment at the Christmas Tree Trail. 

And they put the popcorn in the Pluto itself.

What a mess trying to get it cleaned out when I got home.

48 minutes ago, Travisma said:

What a mess trying to get it cleaned out when I got home.

Yeah, as cute as some of these have been and as tempted as I've been by some of them, I've resisted because 1) not so easy to clean and 2) where the heck am I gonna put them all when I'm not eating popcorn out of them?  At least the regular refillable cups are easy to clean and can be repurposed as really big drink cups.  ;)

2 hours ago, slices said:

We buy a new $10bucket every visit.   They are supposed to be only for your length of stay or the new ones come out  we are popcorn fiends  we usually get 2-3 refills per day  

But I’ve seen people bring in old ones and the CM politely tells them that “they are not supposed to fill the old buckets but they will this one time. “. 

Once while waiting in line for popcorn by Figament, I actually had a mom & dad tell me to bring the bucket back on my next visit.  “Your not supposed to but they always refill them. “. 

On 4/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

We buy a new $10bucket every visit.   They are supposed to be only for your length of stay or the new ones come out  we are popcorn fiends  we usually get 2-3 refills per day  

But I’ve seen people bring in old ones and the CM politely tells them that “they are not supposed to fill the old buckets but they will this one time. “. 

Once while waiting in line for popcorn by Figament, I actually had a mom & dad tell me to bring the bucket back on my next visit.  “Your not supposed to but they always refill them. “. 

Busch and Seaworld will refill the old soda cups even after new ones come out for a $1 and change.

They also started a $5 for a day refill, they put a sticker on the cup and you can refill until you burst or go into a sugar coma.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Ditto!  Sometimes we get it filled on the way out of the park just to have a snack for later.