Don't like those bulky wagons at Disney? This is for you!

20 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Y’all missed out on the beauty of having a stroller. 

DD was 2 1/2 years old on her first trip. And we loved having a stroller.    It held her snacks, drinks, extra clothes. She took her afternoon nap in it. 

The stroller allowed us to enjoy the park for longer each day.  There’s no way a 2 1/2 year old could walk around all day nor my back could have handled carrying her for extended periods of time.  

Sometimes I wish we still had the stroller. I’m tired of lugging around a back pack all day. 😂 

I think we are just a different type of "vacationeer."  When the kids were young, we simply enjoyed following them around and seeing what they would choose to do.  Some days we would be in the park a couple of hours before we rode an attraction.  When they got tired, we headed back to our resort for rest and pool time returning to the park later in the day refreshed. It is also why we never really needed to carry too much extra stuff.  That's just how it worked best for us - in many ways it still does.

22 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Y’all missed out on the beauty of having a stroller. 

DD was 2 1/2 years old on her first trip. And we loved having a stroller.    It held her snacks, drinks, extra clothes. She took her afternoon nap in it. 

The stroller allowed us to enjoy the park for longer each day.  There’s no way a 2 1/2 year old could walk around all day nor my back could have handled carrying her for extended periods of time.  

Sometimes I wish we still had the stroller. I’m tired of lugging around a back pack all day. 😂 

Get yourself a handicap scooter, not only will you have a place to put your snacks, etc, you also can have a seat to sit down and a battering ram to get through the crowd .

3 hours ago, BigTom said:

Get yourself a handicap scooter, not only will you have a place to put your snacks, etc, you also can have a seat to sit down and a battering ram to get through the crowd .

Lol!

with my back and leg issues one day i might need one.   I have issues with standing or walking for long periods of time.  The waiting in Ques is the worst for my back  

I wonder if the VA will cover one???

3 hours ago, BigTom said:

But seriously. How hard is it to transport one on planes?  

We live in Oklahoma and 99% of the time we fly to Orlando or anaheim.   

I’ve heard that the TSA won’t allow certain batteries on board and certain sizes either. 

10 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

But seriously. How hard is it to transport one on planes?  

We live in Oklahoma and 99% of the time we fly to Orlando or anaheim.   

I’ve heard that the TSA won’t allow certain batteries on board and certain sizes either. 

They can transport larger assistive devices and sporting equipment in the cargo area. I transported Ed’s hand bike from CT to florida and that’s how they handled it and it was really big. 

And since it is a handicap device it should be transported at no charge. 

31 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They can transport larger assistive devices and sporting equipment in the cargo area. I transported Ed’s hand bike from CT to florida and that’s how they handled it and it was really big. 

Thanks for the info 

57 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Lol!

with my back and leg issues one day i might need one.   I have issues with standing or walking for long periods of time.  The waiting in Ques is the worst for my back  

I wonder if the VA will cover one???

Don't know if VA will cover one, but they are fairly cheap on Craighlist and replacement batteries are fairly cheap on Amazon. I have 2, a smaller on for indoor use and a larger one to take to parks and such, paid 300 for one plus about $70 for new batteries and $500 for the larger on with good batteries. Have ridden the small one all over Fort Wilderness with no problems, the larger have taken to Flywheelers and used for 4 days without recharging on dirt paths.

56 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

X-2 Southwest has transported our GO-GO Scooters. Sealed glass mat batteries are no issue. Lithium and wet batteries are the concerns.  You get them pre tagged the the ticket counter then ride them to the gate. They are tagged again & loaded there just wheel chairs

On 3/29/2019 at 11:44 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

X-2 Southwest has transported our GO-GO Scooters. Sealed glass mat batteries are no issue. Lithium and wet batteries are the concerns.  You get them pre tagged the the ticket counter then ride them to the gate. They are tagged again & loaded there just wheel chairs

We bring Rick's scooter on planes all the time. We drive it to the gate, they take it to the cargo area, then deliver it back to us at the gate. Having said that, we have never done a "plane change" with it, always direct flights.

10 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

The Keenz stroller wagon is actually smaller than most strollers.  They also have a 5 point harness in them just like any stroller.  My daughter bought one for our upcoming Disney trip.

Is your trip scheduled after May 1?  According to the language from Disney that Jason posted earlier in this thread, stroller wagons will no longer be allowed in the parks after that date.  Now, whether they enforce it or not is another question....

1 minute ago, DaveInTN said:

Is your trip scheduled after May 1?  According to the language from Disney that Jason posted earlier in this thread, stroller wagons will no longer be allowed in the parks after that date.  Now, whether they enforce it or not is another question....

Yes that will be interesting.

Someone in a FB group posted a picture from Monday with a regular wagon at the MK, and they have never been allowed, but still got in.

23 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

35 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

The Keenz stroller wagon is actually smaller than most strollers.  They also have a 5 point harness in them just like any stroller.  My daughter bought one for our upcoming Disney trip.

As Dave said Disney has been fairly specific and adamant about not allowing wagons of any kind in after May 1. Even the rental companies have tried to get them to budge and been told no and are having to adjust their websites and inform customers that Disney will not allow them in after May 1. 

Obviously I cant predict how well they will enforce this rule but I have a feeling they might stand fast on this one. 

One of the threads I saw speculated that the Keenz were getting banned because people are bringing in the pull type of wagons that look similar, also regular Little Tykes and Radio Flyer wagons.  All of which were never allowed.

Of course, all Disney would have to do is tell those other types no.  They have enough CMs and security at the gates to tell them they can't bring those types in. But why do something that makes sense?

At Seaworld Saturday, I saw a regular folding wagon, but the person had this hefty looking push bar made out of galvanized pipe tie wrapped to it where the pull bar was located.  Of course the steerable wheels are then at the back of the wagon

On 4/3/2019 at 11:00 AM, Katman1356...Jason said:

As Dave said Disney has been fairly specific and adamant about not allowing wagons of any kind in after May 1. Even the rental companies have tried to get them to budge and been told no and are having to adjust their websites and inform customers that Disney will not allow them in after May 1. 

Obviously I cant predict how well they will enforce this rule but I have a feeling they might stand fast on this one. 

Our trip is scheduled for August

• 2 months later...

Disney is testing out new rental strollers at AK...

New Stroller Rental Test to Take Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Beginning June 25, the stroller rental location at Disney's Animal Kingdom will offer a small number of different single and double stroller models for families to enjoy. The new stroller models offer a variety of features including reclining seats and storage baskets.

Since quantities are limited, Guests will be randomly selected to have the option to rent one of the new models. Guests who opt in will be asked to provide feedback on the stroller. Rental prices are the same as the equivalent models from the existing fleet.

As a reminder, all strollers rented through Disney’s Animal Kingdom must be returned prior to leaving the park. Yellow reflective markings have been placed on the base and wheels of the strollers to help differentiate them from Guests’ personal strollers.

caboose_cta_graphic1_poDDx.jpg

screen_shot_2019_06__Ix13i.jpg

These new models will be available for a limited time and will help the Walt Disney World Resort to gain insights into the features Guests prefer when renting strollers at the parks.

PHOTOS: © 2019 Joovy & Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/06/new-stroller-rental-test-to-take-place.html?fbclid=IwAR3xCjvXYdzybW7J1sfsKynS-ngLtUvI65DraNs9Q_vTicCJ3piIP1Rgx9A

45 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The other day on a FB post, one woman posted that her current stroller is "only" 3 inches wider than currently allowed and will they allow her to bring it in.

Loads of people replied that Disney should allow it.

If they allow 3 inches over, what about 4 or 5 or 12!

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I think these are SO much nicer than what Disney currently offers.  The current rentals are HUGE!

6 hours ago, Travisma said:

The other day on a FB post, one woman posted that her current stroller is "only" 3 inches wider than currently allowed and will they allow her to bring it in.

Loads of people replied that Disney should allow it.

If they allow 3 inches over, what about 4 or 5 or 12!

I think this will be just like any other rule enforcement where implementation is will depend upon the CM involved in the decision. Andy will say sorry it is too big, Mandy will let anything through and Candy will flip a coin.

18 hours ago, keith_h said:

I think this will be just like any other rule enforcement where implementation is will depend upon the CM involved in the decision. Andy will say sorry it is too big, Mandy will let anything through and Candy will flip a coin.

The kicker will be how they handle telling someone they told their stroller is too big to bring in the park when that person flips out and starts ranting about "I came 47,000 miles on a donkey and paid a BILLION dollars for this trip..."

I know Disney is amazing at training their CMs for handling people, but they're not always amazing when it comes to dealing with confrontational guests.

12 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The kicker will be how they handle telling someone they told their stroller is too big to bring in the park when that person flips out and starts ranting about "I came 47,000 miles on a donkey and paid a BILLION dollars for this trip..."

I know Disney is amazing at training their CMs for handling people, but they're not always amazing when it comes to dealing with confrontational guests.

A BILLION and 1$ gets you special treatment....