Reservation problems due to Galaxy's Edge opening...

Hi all! We are planning a trip in late Feb/early March 2020, and I've been wondering if anyone has heard that people are booking campsites 12-18mo in advance due to the opening of Galaxy's Edge in HS? We plan to avoid HS like the plague on our trip, but I am hoping to be able to make our reservation and not worry about availability - planning to book in June when the 2020 packages are expected to become available. Any news on this? Advice? Thanks in advance!!

Welcome!! The campground is so popular, that many people reserve 499 days out regardless of special events. The packages are not out yet, but you can reserve a campsite only by calling 499 days before your checkout date.

You can book for Feb/March 2020 now if you just call or have a travel agent call. 

[email protected] is a great travel agent that knows Fort Wilderness and can take care of your needs 🙂

Keep in mind that the time period you noted may coincide with Spring Break, Daytona 500, and some of the Disney foot races around WDW.  More than ever, one should try to book as far in advance as you can.  Remember, you can always cancel a reservation, in most cases, with out a penalty.

42 minutes ago, PghBob said:

Keep in mind that the time period you noted may coincide with Spring Break, Daytona 500, and some of the Disney foot races around WDW.  More than ever, one should try to book as far in advance as you can.  

This ^^

Weekends at the Fort in general are really hard to get, even harder when it's a busier time of year (and this is one).  If you can possibly book sooner, I'd do it.

Oh and welcome to Fort Fiends!  🙂

.....hence another reason the fort is just crazy now and not like it used to be.  I guess my kids will be adults when we can finally get a fast pass for anything Star Wars