Castle Moats Drained at MK

http://wdwmagic.com/attractions/cinderella-castle/news/22mar2019-photos---waterway-around-cinderella-castle-drained-for-walkway-widening-construction.htm

Construction is now underway on widening the walkway that links Liberty Square to Fantasyland behind Cinderella Castle.

The waterway around Cinderella Castle has been drained to facilitate the work.

Click the gallery for more pictures of the work.

Shown in the image above by the orange line, the existing narrow walkway is easy blocked by a stroller or two.

By widening the walkway, it will provide a more convenient shortcut from the central hub area to Fantasyland. 

16 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

There was a great FB post (I tried to copy it to here but it didn't work) about this project with a couple of photos.

One was a picture of a Kermit doll floating belly up with this caption

"We all knew the draining would have an effect on the wildlife but this is too much.  While walking over the bridge this evening I spotted Kermit belly up in the shallows.  It appears he croaked.  Keep the Muppet Family in your thoughts!"

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

There was a great FB post (I tried to copy it to here but it didn't work) about this project with a couple of photos.

One was a picture of a Kermit doll floating belly up with this caption

"We all knew the draining would have an effect on the wildlife but this is too much.  While walking over the bridge this evening I spotted Kermit belly up in the shallows.  It appears he croaked.  Keep the Muppet Family in your thoughts!"

:bravo: