Official notice went out today for some policy changes

There are some new policy changes at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Two are effective May 1 and the third is effective immediately. These policy changes are being taken directly from the Disney Travel Agent website and are official.

STROLLERS

Beginning May 1, we are adjusting our guidelines on stroller sizes, which will require them to be no larger than 31" (79cm) wide and 52" (132cm) long or smaller. The good news – many of the strollers on the market, including many double jogging strollers, fit within these size guidelines. Also, just a reminder that wagons are not permitted in our parks. Beginning May 1, stroller wagons will also no longer be permitted. These updates are designed to help guest flow and ease congestion, making the parks more enjoyable for everyone.

TIP: The smaller your stroller, the easier it is to navigate and maneuver the parks. At Walt Disney World Resort, your clients can rent a single or double stroller once they arrive, and they can be rented each day. Or, they can choose a Length of Stay Rental, which will save them time and money. While Walt Disney World already offers a double stroller rental, Disneyland Resort will soon offer one too.

SMOKING

Also beginning May 1, smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or Downtown Disney in California.

TIP: Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances to the areas listed above, and at Disney Springs in Florida. For guests who have room or dining reservations, smoking areas are also available at Disney Resort hotels.

LOOSE ICE

Beginning today, if your clients plan to bring a cooler or cooler bag to store snacks and drinks for theme park or water park adventures, it’s important to know that loose or dry ice are no longer permitted.

TIP: We recommend your clients use re-useable ice packs instead. Complimentary cups of ice are available at Food & Beverage locations inside the parks if needed.

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Thanks Jason.

Wonder how far away from the entrances to the parks will the smoking area be located.  I'd hate to see the plazas just before security or ticketing become covered in a haze of smoke.

That is odd about loose ice.

The ice one has me scratching my head too but a colleague pointed out people might have been dumping it in stupid locations causing a slip hazard. There is of course another possible reason why. 

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Thanks Jason.

Wonder how far away from the entrances to the parks will the smoking area be located.  I'd hate to see the plazas just before security or ticketing become covered in a haze of smoke.

I saw a post on Facebook, for whatever that is worth, that the loose ice presented challenges when going through security trying to check for things. Could be a plausible reason or one of many factors. 

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Thanks Jason.

I know at Magic Kingdom, there is a designated smoking area on the pathway to nowhere (the one that starts to go to Grand Floridian, but stops at the canal). You have to go through the resort boat dock entrance, and to reenter, you have to go through security.  I'm guessing that one will stay there. I have no idea at Epcot, AK, or Studios.

5 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I saw a post on Facebook, for whatever that is worth, that the loose ice presented challenges when going through security trying to check for things. Could be a plausible reason or one of many factors. 

I think that's an accurate observation. DCL will not allow any loose ice to be brought into the terminal. They actually x-ray bags there, but there's an additional concern of melted ice damaging the equipment. 

TCD

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I have seen from Disney that ice in zip loc bags is allowed

If that's the case then security concerns when inspecting coolers at entry makes the most sense.... I would hate to have to stick my hands in coolers all day digging in loose ice.  picking up a small bag would be a lot faster and easier.

12 minutes ago, Memphis said:

If that's the case then security concerns when inspecting coolers at entry makes the most sense.... I would hate to have to stick my hands in coolers all day digging in loose ice.  picking up a small bag would be a lot faster and easier.

True, and not getting burned by dry ice, because some jerk either forgot to warn them, or thought it would be funny to seem them jump.