Three weekends and three camping trips

On 4/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, slices said:

HjG8FbLCFmbxJSqNrZXaElPjb43thzyRuekGalFs

Past this on the way there, was this the one a few people had commented seeing over the last couple of months?

c_2EmLmdPhKMcmfmyOvIdBCfLMncq412S2BaAvlw

Cute tablecloth. Your set-up looked so nice ☺️

Yes, that was it and I was the one who commented on it.  I think it looks horrible out on the lawn.  A person’s site, no problem...but on the lawn of a common area , out in plain sight?Eyesore.

Thanks for all the pics and details of your trip.  It’s been great to follow along!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't feel bad.  I consider myself pretty good at backing trailers into practically any space.  My Dad had me backing farm trailers at 7 years old and I could zip them in and out of barns and park the

13 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Cute tablecloth. Your set-up looked so nice ☺️

Yes, that was it and I was the one who commented on it.  I think it looks horrible out on the lawn.  A person’s site, no problem...but on the lawn of a common area , out in plain sight?Eyesore.

Thanks for all the pics and details of your trip.  It’s been great to follow along!

Thanks, the table cloth was from Target last year.  Agreed on the antenna, plus I would expect to see this more at places like state parks where you don't have cable TV.

49 minutes ago, slices said:

Thanks, the table cloth was from Target last year.  Agreed on the antenna, plus I would expect to see this more at places like state parks where you don't have cable TV.

What is surprising, is that the Fort even allowed someone to put it there, and for it to still be there after this length of time.

I wonder if it's a satellite setup for a camper, or some sort of marker for the Reflections construction, sort of like the way they now survey.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

What is surprising, is that the Fort even allowed someone to put it there, and for it to still be there after this length of time.

I wonder if it's a satellite setup for a camper, or some sort of marker for the Reflections construction, sort of like the way they now survey.

I thought I saw a cable, running to the 600 loop but... who knows?  It's ugly though :( 

We're in town the end of April/first of May, not staying at the Fort but plan to stop in and eat a meal.  I'll take a closer look and ask a CM. 

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I thought I saw a cable, running to the 600 loop but... who knows?  It's ugly though :( 

We're in town the end of April/first of May, not staying at the Fort but plan to stop in and eat a meal.  I'll take a closer look and ask a CM. 

I saw the cable also, but didn't follow it to the other end past the bushes.

We got to Animal Kingdom around 10. Hadn't been to the park before,  despite eating in Rainforest  cafe there.  We had a fast pass for Primeval whirl so straight to DinoLand.

43RtWAZc8GwwnCxqWMpkNHriJikd78-FbKwiFqTA

A quick stop to see DeVine first.

After Primeval Whirl my wife took the kids in the boneyard to play, while I got a photo with Donald Duck.

GQUXYDH8kkoSbNKGdMI5JXZ9FtFJpj91N2yW1OL_

Lunch next, I had planned to just grab a quick service in DinoLand but my son wanted to sit down and have noodles, so we ended up at Yak and Yeti.

I have a Landry card, so always nice when other people are getting told it's a 90-minute wait, and on showing my card we get told 5 minutes. Nice that there are two Landry restaurants in the park, although I would say this is the better of the two.

PoKDYlmTDOtUtI11QxLmOSAC-Om4af8QL_I8_1HG

He got his noodles.

-Z2VDpr3Ix4rrzrshr4bKBMGE4u4KPUovzgTlpvT

Sweet and Sour chicken.

oTC0A7rCEOfOBmEax6HZKgVRLwvl-7xfxT6T8IRb

Honey chicken.

t2-GYv5lx2FnqsXxZgIdghKts9wP_dtj9UOqOw0b

I went for something a little different and got the Chicken Tika Masala.

Mmm8TUrKxfp7B9k15AVCARmb10kcR1bcSx6l1Dl8

Fried wontons for dessert.

Just before lunch I'd rearranged our fast passes, and snagged on for Dinosaur. My wife didn't want to ride it, so she got a photo with Launchpad instead.

YN7PZOgYN5VPcSttbHGf8rlbv3UtO-pD0HeyKzF4

I believe he was asking who took a bite out of her ears.

Unfortunately, Dinosaur was closed and my son was getting tired,  so after a quick play on boneyard, my wife took him back.

Which meant my daughter could take advantage of our fastpass and drag me on Everest. 

dntQ7rsqhGM3mSnG70GWO4k1k3v3-BvQrynSFRFX

We grabbed icecreams and went back to the Fort after this.

Rest of the day was fairly quiet,  mac and cheese in the instapot for dinner.  After dinner, we went for a swim. Only at the Fort will you find a group of 8-year-old boys, in the pool discussing the merits of buying various sizes of new versus new campers!

Last full day was Epcot, we'd been there when Flower and Garden was on two years ago but didn't really see much of it. This time my wife was disappointed that they didn't have all the Orange Bird Merchandise they did the previous year but was excited to get the sipper until they sold out of them!

Before that breakfast,  had planned on a later start, so a bigger breakfast at the site this time.

iYcDeugbC57bC7tNzc3I8hVBkcvN-KzJMcidh5QF

AN1EPl--iaKZWpMIeKEvQ8i49DCGgovkd425kn1H

14 hours ago, slices said:

Last full day was Epcot, we'd been there when Flower and Garden was on two years ago but didn't really see much of it. This time my wife was disappointed that they didn't have all the Orange Bird Merchandise they did the previous year but was excited to get the sipper until they sold out of them!

Before that breakfast,  had planned on a later start, so a bigger breakfast at the site this time.

iYcDeugbC57bC7tNzc3I8hVBkcvN-KzJMcidh5QF

AN1EPl--iaKZWpMIeKEvQ8i49DCGgovkd425kn1H

Your little chef sure knows his way around some scrambled eggs. Yummy!

The bowl-like the table cloth was from Target last summer.

Epcot was mostly about Flower and Garden but did manage some rides,  first Living with the Land which I hadn't done before. I  think I would have appreciated the view from Graden Grill on previous trips a little more if I had done this earlier.

By the time we had done this, it was gone 11 so time to start around the World Showcase.

We had scoped out menus beforehand. Fist up was Flavor Full Kitchen, we had the salmon and the kids got a blood orange Aqua Fresca each.

sqc1SDEPYLqax6cE_vP9niTBMz84-KdNvtEK2at6

We found the playful garden, snagged some comfy seats and stayed there for a while. Really liked this, kids had a good time and nice and easy for one of us to run out to get snacks and drinks. We also got a dedicated Flower and Garden gift card each, since last time we did an Epcot festival we ended up spending most of our food budget there!

6GTqTViKeQdYGNwzBibTMHgxw1Ns4OHbF7YZyx8F

Honey Bistro, honey mascarpone cheesecake, and the tandoori chicken flatbread.

ON4sPdxqr_O1YhIy82cqIuY3a6Mn_g4A_oIx__p-

Brandy Barrel Honey Ale

1Mfnue-eFwB8ew9iDAe1aA8CFXOwKdSnqyH-nhP_

Citrus Blossom, they were out of Orange Bird cups, but we got the slushy drink anyway.

8fcABKYt7pGBQZRrP90OOn0oQ703jY_yqdLD33kU

Citrus shortcake.

RFtzQ1aCv15JSGt1OxAECSvkrxcQAA68Kx39rwLW

Crispy citrus chicken.

VOz9BlSwBbvJ54QO5qaRPlcZR9waR-7PBb4wFFEh

TropiCannon Citrus IPA.

rwHqR91N_bIrLLEL_d7kAGFgo09ehYXOCeX0cxXW

Pinnaple Promanade, Frozen Violet Lemmonade

7L0ULLKE6FzAs_ndWIZFg-Rb4pP0-4Jxevd9oGrw

Pineapple Soft Serve

HvKKwxkeVVy_OhDiFR17XZXUpMacOfAdoYQEG1hE

Pineapple Mana Wheat

We left the playful garden after this and at my son's request headed towards Mexico.

tLujfnxBdOfhgV25pKTXGfcatZh03KXAYkIal9mO

A quick stop in the shops and the kids decided to take up pin trading.  Not a bad hobby really, better than spending their  gift cards on plastic tat

NENdocZWMwINr-uG4vMiICoCNHrYezQOgzeJ6JA_

Trowl and Trellis, farmhouse meatball.

rDMTAmjm93EfLuLPDmSUt1XovcUTxFLilcK5gGw5

Tropical Wonderland Wheat Ale.

Didn't get anything to eat in Mexico, but did go on the boat ride which seems to be a favorite of my son's.

L6BsPoGYle917sNaX8ETVyEWvoY99k2ZZisd5MrQ

Lotus House, spring rolls, and wontons which the kids shared.

cVFdWvZXlU79UIWVZdd_l7Vxtz0ARwfmeg1u5497

Bubble tea, the kids liked it, not impressed myself.

C9kH4bTS2wrAlkixHNu305tazuGKAoAq7C4KNIQl

Beef shank, I got this because I knew I needed to eat something and figured the kids would eat most of the wontons and spring rolls. My daughter still had about half of this.

X2EVztFJVVDVfCOxqzkkFmo-c2eadqhLgRpq2CH9

Jasmine Beer

We were tired of walking after this and had a fast pass for Soarin', surprisingly my daughter just wanted to go back to the site while my son wanted to do Soarin'. Out of the four of us, I was the only one who had done it before, so my wife took him while my daughter and I headed back.

Hww0YJ3gxTB4k6F3jCZwk-_TcpzxNGb7LIiiHUDK

After one last photo.

You would think no one was hungry again that day, well a while after we got back to the Fort. My wife and I were discussing what to make for dinner, and both kids walk into the camper asking to go to Trails End. It was our last night there and they felt like the trip wouldn't be complete otherwise. Fair enough, but I've booked it for a bunch for our October trip as we've only done dinner there so far.  Although this is the one time we went over budget.

dC0-amHOsHt1gVZzAIGu3ixT--eDe9B3vBmkR3_K

A quick stop at the arcade after dinner.

EgPpFK-bkoZ91FIDTT-NP59CItI0GAcbh1IhuLd2

Followed by a quick play

x5XDW1gC2wOm0i1kYX4PgDA6iXCIG_BeSh1P5z4G

The experience was slightly lessened by the fact that right after this photo was taken a little boy maybe 3 or 4 years old decides to pull his pants down and do a wee under the playset!

Bus back to the site rather quickly after this ended up taking both kids to the see movie which was Toy Story 3.  We stopped to fill up our drink cups at the pool,  second odd experience of the night.  This was close to 8pm so fairly quiet by the drink refill stations, there was a mother with a bunch of kids using the ice dispenser of the drink station to fill gallon zip lock bags and placing them in a small wagon. She most have easy had a dozen. Didn't want to pay $2 a for a bag of ice from the machines I guess.

Anyway, we got over to the campfire and did s'mores, surprisingly both kids wanted to stay until the end of the movie, despite almost being asleep on the benches. Last night and all.

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Great trip report. 

Did you know those farmhouse meatballs aren't meat?

When we tried that booth, we had a debate about what the meat was. To me it had a pork/lamb flavor going on. 

It turns out that they're some kind of vegan voodoo concoction. 

That a dirty trick they're pulling in that booth. 

TCD

I was vaguely aware that there was a vegan food booth,  although I'm not sure my daughter was she asked for the meatball, she ate though. My Mum is vegetarian, so I've had a number of meat substitutes over the years. For not being meat, these meatballs were definitely some of the best I've tried.

The plan for checkout day was to grab takeout breakfast while we packed up and then go to Magic Kingdom for a few hours. I'd just taken the EZ down, when it started raining really heavily. Wasn't much we could do but keep on packing up, and putting everything away wet.  Ate breakfast huddled under the awning, just before taking it down. 

After that, we decided to skip the parks and go straight home.

kHOMB6heyjhvcNa23lc_fVP889oulb3n5-rXa-YZ

Was dry when we got back so were able to dry everything out.