6 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Ha...I was waiting for Bob to come back and comment.  He and I went to an RV show together back in 2011 in Nashville, and I bought our last trailer at that show.  Actually got a really good deal, so your brother might be pretty smart!  

I think he actually did get a good deal both times.  🙂

31 minutes ago, keith_h said:

We've never bought one at a show but I have found the dealers around here will still honor RV show prices and negotiate from them for a period of time after the show has ended.

Here too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as the tp holder when we would go to shows I would always go into the bathrooms close the door and actually sit on the toilet to see if I fit, meaning do my legs hit anything, is it a right or

So... we took the hike up to Burlington last weekend (or as I like to call it AlmostCanada), saw this one in person, and then about eleventy other ones we also liked (including a spiffy little Outback

As the story goes, Bob started painting the sign at the Tennessee T campground a couple of years ago....T.....E..... and he started getting tired and realized that Tennessee has WAY too many letters.

We have bought twice while attending the Hershey RV Show, well we actually ordered the units at " show price " the reason we did it there was to see the floor plan we wanted plus that is a factory sponsored show so usually they get the factory to kick in another amount off usually towards the end of bargaining as a final push.

13 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Gosh only 8 years...... it's just getting broke in good...... (says the person with a 12yo camper, and no plans to change any time soon).

Yeah well there's a pretty good chance this one may see 9 years so...

DH is disappointed that the Keystone Premier he found that he really liked was a little out of the budget.  We're still looking, but in the meantime I've been informed that we're getting a new hitch because, "if I have to keep towing this thing..."

Funny story... I'm the one that almost always drives when we're towing and I think it tows just fine.  ;)

On 4/4/2019 at 7:35 PM, keith_h said:

We've been happy with our Winnebago Micro Minnie. It is 7 ft wide and several models have slides. If you want a standard width trailer the Minnie line is the same build and finish quality. In particular their customer service has been very helpful sending me drawings without question of the sidewall and slide construction for adding a topper. The also rejected one warranty repair but when I called them to explain what was going on they approved it and expedited the parts to my dealer. Both the number of initial problems, how they were handled and materials used are leaps and bounds above what we had with our old Palomino product (same dealer for service). 

The Micro Minnies look like really nice trailers.  There is a lot to be said for the 7' width.  I have a 21' Camplite which is 7' wide and I love it.  Great visibility down the sides from the truck, really easy maneuvering to get gas, easy to back into a site and more.  My standard mirrors on the truck are more than sufficient and the slide gives us plenty of room inside.  

On 4/12/2019 at 4:41 PM, dblr....Rennie said:

Just as long as he does not want the Hensley, great hitch but could cost as much as a used camper

Hmm... not my department so I'm not sure, but I've been told he found a great deal on it and can probably sell the one we have for what the new one will cost.  That works for me!  🙂

On 4/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Once you find the brand and floorplan you want try one of the online wholesalers such as:

https://www.wholesalervclub.com

Dealt with this family since 1977.

Good to know - thanks!

18 hours ago, Travisma said:

Mo, found a camper for you

motorhome__motormag

This ones a little smaller...

Car camping in the city

PERFECT  😄

25 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

The Micro Minnies look like really nice trailers.  There is a lot to be said for the 7' width.  I have a 21' Camplite which is 7' wide and I love it.  Great visibility down the sides from the truck, really easy maneuvering to get gas, easy to back into a site and more.  My standard mirrors on the truck are more than sufficient and the slide gives us plenty of room inside.  

I think we looked at one at the dealer.  Wasn't the floorplan for us but I did like it overall. We'll have to poke around their site more, thanks.

"Great visibility down the sides from the truck, really easy maneuvering to get gas, easy to back into a site and more."

All things we don't have now - lol. I think our Open Range is as wide as they get, which is great when you're inside, especially since the slides are deep, but it does make getting gas a challenge.  

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hmm... not my department so I'm not sure, but I've been told he found a great deal on it and can probably sell the one we have for what the new one will cost.  That works for me!  🙂

If you can get the Hensley at a good price I would jump on it plus remember you can keep moving it to your next trailer so you always have it. If I was to go back to a TT I would get one as it is probably the best you can get, I am not sure but I think they even offer a service to recondition older ones but would check on that.

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

If you can get the Hensley at a good price I would jump on it plus remember you can keep moving it to your next trailer so you always have it. If I was to go back to a TT I would get one as it is probably the best you can get, I am not sure but I think they even offer a service to recondition older ones but would check on that.

Good to know - thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

So DH found a leftover 2018 one of these at a dealer up in VT a month or so ago...

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-trailers/premier/floorplans/24rkpr-travel-trailer/

The floorplan totally works for us as we'd just take the table/chairs out and install the crates and a new bar. Nothing to tear out or heavily "modify" - and DH still gets his bar.  🙂

With opposing slides we're betting the living space feels at least as large as what we have now - not a bad thing with two 35 lbs dogs that, even at 12+ years old are still far from couch potatoes.

Unfortunately after some back and forth with the dealer, they couldn't meet the price we needed to come in at. (sigh)

So we resigned ourselves to keeping what we have and then a week ago DH gets a text from the salesman that the "factory offered some new incentives" and they CAN meet our price and trade-in value.  What?! My guess is what that really means is that "we can't move a leftover somewhat-unpopular model (because there's no dinette it technically only sleeps 4) and we  want it off the lot."

So... we're making the hike up north Saturday to check it out.  We're trying not to get our hopes up, as we've never actually seen this one in person, but we're hopeful it shakes out. If it does the timing would be pretty perfect as we still haven't uncovered the one we have.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, TnBob said:

I would love to Eric but every year I am running back and forth for baseball and with the girls playing volleyball now I would be gone all day Saturday and if they have a tournament that weekend it would be all day Saturday and Sunday. It kinda screwed me last year for some reason none of them had anything that weekend but it was too late. If the same happens this year I may run up for the day Saturday.

Are folks going to come down for Labor Day again this year? We may want to plan a Grand Gathering at Texas T for that weekend 🙂

4 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

So DH found a leftover 2018 one of these at a dealer up in VT a month or so ago...

https://www.keystonerv.com/travel-trailers/premier/floorplans/24rkpr-travel-trailer/

The floorplan totally works for us as we'd just take the table/chairs out and install the crates and a new bar. Nothing to tear out or heavily "modify" - and DH still gets his bar.  🙂

With opposing slides we're betting the living space feels at least as large as what we have now - not a bad thing with two 35 lbs dogs that, even at 12+ years old are still far from couch potatoes.

Unfortunately after some back and forth with the dealer, they couldn't meet the price we needed to come in at. (sigh)

So we resigned ourselves to keeping what we have and then a week ago DH gets a text from the salesman that the "factory offered some new incentives" and they CAN meet our price and trade-in value.  What?! My guess is what that really means is that "we can't move a leftover somewhat-unpopular model (because there's no dinette it technically only sleeps 4) and we  want it off the lot."

So... we're making the hike up north Saturday to check it out.  We're trying not to get our hopes up, as we've never actually seen this one in person, but we're hopeful it shakes out. If it does the timing would be pretty perfect as we still haven't uncovered the one we have.

Good luck!! Does that particular unit have the theater seats?

6 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Are folks going to come down for Labor Day again this year? We may want to plan a Grand Gathering at Texas T for that weekend 🙂

I hope so, I am pretty sure Tim wants to make it up I know I can reserve some spots at that wonderful campground that is so well kept by a crack maintenance team. I will put it out on the interwebs that I participate in and see if anyone salutes the flag.

Just make sure you check it out real good, if I remember right Nacole has a Keystone unit and is having problems with it, maybe she will jump in and offer info. Not sure which Keystone line she has but just giving a heads up. Good luck and hope you like it.

7 hours ago, TnBob said:

I know I can reserve some spots at that wonderful campground that is so well kept by a crack maintenance team.

What?  Did they fire you!  😂 

just kidding!. 

Btw.  How does a campground in Tennessee get the name Texas T?  Are the owners from Texas?

56 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

What?  Did they fire you!  😂 

just kidding!. 

Btw.  How does a campground in Tennessee get the name Texas T?  Are the owners from Texas?

As the story goes, Bob started painting the sign at the Tennessee T campground a couple of years ago....T.....E..... and he started getting tired and realized that Tennessee has WAY too many letters.  So he said to heck with it, painted XAS and the rest is history.

Dave is a funny boy, I don't really know how to spell Texas let alone Tennessee. But the real story is that the original Owners made their money in oil (Texas T) so when they built this place that was the name they gave it. The second owners never changed it (they were from Ohio) and when the current owners (James and Pat) bought it they were from Texas (Houston) and when they were closing on it the lawyer asked what they wanted to change the name to and James said there was no reason to change it.  

On 4/30/2019 at 5:27 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Good luck!! Does that particular unit have the theater seats?

This one has the sofa.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:58 PM, keith_h said:

Looks like a nice floor plan for your needs. Hope things go well.

Thanks!

On 4/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Hope it meets your needs. 

Glad you will be keeping the bar. 

Does it have the sleeper sofa or theatre seats?

The bar will need to get modified a bit (smaller space) but there will be a bar.  🙂

On 5/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

Just make sure you check it out real good, if I remember right Nacole has a Keystone unit and is having problems with it, maybe she will jump in and offer info. Not sure which Keystone line she has but just giving a heads up. Good luck and hope you like it.

Good to know - thanks!

On 5/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Good luck Mo, it does look nice and roomy.

Thanks!

So... we took the hike up to Burlington last weekend (or as I like to call it AlmostCanada), saw this one in person, and then about eleventy other ones we also liked (including a spiffy little Outback toy hauler that tempted us), but ultimately came back around to this one ticking pretty much all the boxes.  So we signed our names 397 times and will be going back to make the swap and bring home a new camper soon.

This is the actual unit we bought -

https://www.petesrvindy.com/inv/2018-Keystone-Premier-24RKPR-27494/?fbclid=IwAR2FT91ObtOYMCtpL2yU6-rJ-3dr8AWvUOPfB9tU8jXMR-NUDGxCVxYn8XE

We finally took the cover off ours yesterday (the weather has been lousy) and now for the not-so-fun part, emptying it out.  We're both going to be a little sad to see it go - we've had nearly 10 years of awesome times in it. And we know we're making some compromises going down to a smaller unit, but we agree it's time.  Walking around ours yesterday I was already noticing the differences in a "modern" camper vs a 10 year old one - bye bye patterned upholstery and curtains, LOL!  And DH was slightly bemoaning small differences in quality between ours and the Keystone - but then I reminded him that 1) a new, comparable Open Range would probably cost us double (and they don't make our floor plan any more) and 2) Open Range was bought out by Jayco not long after we bought ours and their quality now isn't what it was.  But all in all we're really looking forward to hitting the road with the new one - and especially to towing something that's about 5-6' shorter and 2,000 lbs lighter!

And of course DH is already planning out The Bar 2.0.