24 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Also. The 23rd of November is a Saturday. Why would they end it on a Saturday?

we are looking into going for the week of thanksgiving this year. The 23-30th.  I’d love to catch at least one day of the festival

You answered why. Thanksgiving week and higher crowds. Plus they need to turn the carts around to re-open them on the 29th for the holiday version

12 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

You answered why. Thanksgiving week and higher crowds. Plus they need to turn the carts around to re-open them on the 29th for the holiday version

I'm actually surprised they're ending it Saturday vs Friday, but I guess they're figuring capture one last crazybusy Saturday as the Thanksgiving crowds start coming in.

18 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

That seems like a long time to have F&W. How many days has it been in the past?

When we went every year (about 4 years ago now) I recall F&W starting mid-September and ending mid-November. Over the past few year it appears Disney has been extending it in an attempt to draw people during the less full times.

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm actually surprised they're ending it Saturday vs Friday, but I guess they're figuring capture one last crazybusy Saturday as the Thanksgiving crowds start coming in.

That’s why I’m surprised they are ending it in a Saturday.  Why not capture one last crazybusy Sunday as the thanksgiving crowds start coming in?

Just now, h2odivers...Ray said:

Question:  how busy is Disney the weekend before thanksgiving and thanksgiving weekend?

Christmas busy?

I dont think quite that busy the weekend before. While there has never been a closure Thanksgiving weekend as far back as I can remember it is a very high capacity weekend. 

20 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Question:  how busy is Disney the weekend before thanksgiving and thanksgiving weekend?

Christmas busy?

No, it's busy, but not even close to Christmas busy.  Actual Thanksgiving weekend is much busier and even that's not close to Christmas busy.

Once upon a time the week/weekend before Thanksgiving week was actually pretty quiet. Hasn't been that way for a while, but it's still not too bad.

We were in Epcot one evening in 2011 the weekend before Thanksgiving and you could have rolled a bowling ball through the World Showcase and not hit a soul.  Spent that same day in MK and the crowds were also extremely light.  Now that I think about it, I don't think we've experienced crowds like that since that day.  

58 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

We were in Epcot one evening in 2011 the weekend before Thanksgiving and you could have rolled a bowling ball through the World Showcase and not hit a soul.  Spent that same day in MK and the crowds were also extremely light.  Now that I think about it, I don't think we've experienced crowds like that since that day.  

Used to be that whole week/weekend was like that.  Ah the good ol' days!