Bye Bye Illuminations 9/30/2019

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/04/dates-announced-for-epcot-nighttime-spectaculars/

Dates Announced for Epcot Nighttime Spectaculars

After a dazzling 20-year run, we will bid a fond farewell to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” at Epcot on September 30, 2019. So come and gather around World Showcase Lagoon this summer to enjoy this breathtaking display of lasers, lights and fireworks, as we get ready to launch two new nighttime spectaculars as part of the park’s unprecedented, multi-year transformation.

Debuting October 1, 2019, “Epcot Forever” will be an all-new, limited-time spectacle of fireworks, music, lighting, lasers and choreographed, special effects kites. The show will take us on a journey through the past, present and future of Epcot. Featuring a stirring collection of songs that paint a colorful picture of the park, this nighttime extravaganza will offer both a trip down memory lane and a look towards the future and all the magical possibilities still to come.

Disney Parks Live Entertainment is busy getting “Epcot Forever” ready for its opening day. Show Director Alan Bruun recently shared some details about the concept behind the show and the team’s collaboration with noted conductor and composer Don Harper, who is producing new arrangements of classic Epcot tunes to weave into the soundtrack of “Epcot Forever.”

“Epcot Forever” will continue into 2020, when the next epic nighttime extravaganza makes its debut. Keep reading Disney Parks Blog in the months ahead for more on both those shows and all the other new experiences on the way to “Wow!” guests, while keeping true to the original vision of this amazing park.

I love IllumiNations, especially the holiday version, but even I will admit it's time for something new.

I'm in the camp of loving the new MK fireworks show (even though I adored Wishes) so I'm hopeful for this show also.

Although seriously... "Epcot Forever" sounds more like a rallying cry you shout while running drunk through World Showcase than a high-tech nighttime extravaganza.  LOL

15 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I always enjoy illuminations. But unlike other attractions, shows, etc. I’ve never had an emotional attachment to it. 

The holiday ending is something we'll definitely miss.  After all, nothing says "let there be peace on earth" than 10 minutes of ultra high powered explosions.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The first time my nephew saw Illuminations with the holiday ending he was 9 and looked at me after it was over with his eyes as huge as can be and patting his chest he said, "I could feel it in here!!!!"

and believe it or not, it was toned down some over the years. The first year I heard it, I was at the Fort, and "felt it in here". I've heard from CMs, the first year, they were breaking things they were so powerful. When I saw it in Epcot later that trip, it was ....... just wow......... incredibly powerful.... and Walter Cronkite, what can I say 🙂

14 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

and believe it or not, it was toned down some over the years. The first year I heard it, I was at the Fort, and "felt it in here". I've heard from CMs, the first year, they were breaking things they were so powerful. When I saw it in Epcot later that trip, it was ....... just wow......... incredibly powerful.... and Walter Cronkite, what can I say 🙂

My 14 yo grandson, after watching Illuminations  on a mid December day said: "If that's what they do on a normal day, what do they do on an actual holiday?!"

Just now, ThemeParkCommando said:

My 14 yo grandson, after watching Illuminations  on a mid December day said: "If that's what they do on a normal day, what do they do on an actual holiday?!"

Right?!

One of these years I'm going to see the New Year's eve show.  Even just watching it online is pretty mind blowing.