Let me start by saying I’m married to the greatest woman, ever!

I’m going to be arriving 3 days before my DW and DD arrive at WDW on our upcoming trip. 

So I’m looking for suggestions on where to eat and what to eat?

table service?

quick service?

snack?

Beverage?

beverage?

But remember, I’ll be dining solo.  

22 minutes ago, YENSIDCAMPER said:

If it were me I would go to the Boathouse and sit at the bar and have shrimp and grits and a good cocktail!

Great suggestion.

That’s one of our favorite spots at DS.  I like to sit outside and watch the amphicars splash into the lake. 

10 hours ago, YENSIDCAMPER said:

My next suggestion would be to go to the Wilderness Lodge to the outside bar area by the lake.  They have good reasonably priced food, great atmosphere, and a good bar.  I would recommend the Bourbon Breeze to drink.

I believe your talking about Geyser point.  Another great suggestion.  Last Christmas we spent some time there visiting with Kelly, GaDawgFan and her family. Good times!

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

How about Splitsville and get a good table to people watch, if nice a outside one but if it's hot one upstairs next to the window.

Great minds think a like.

I love the outside bar for people watching & sports watching. 

DW loves it because they usually have live music. 

DD loves it because she can get a daiquiri. (Virgin of course)

3 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Several new places at Disney Springs have got my attention. Jaleo looks interesting. The new Wolfgang Puck restaurant is also very nice looking. We haven't found the time to check them out, but I hope to Memorial Day weekend.

We’ve watched Jaleo being built from the outside bar at Splitsville. 

Love Tapas bars so definitely on the short list this trip. Great suggestion. 

We ate at Puck’s restaurant before the DS remodel. Always good food. 

We will also be at WDW during the Memorial Day holiday.  If possible I’d like to shake your hand and put a face with the name.  Perhaps we will run into each other at DS. 

7 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We’ve watched Jaleo being built from the outside bar at Splitsville. 

Love Tapas bars so definitely on the short list this trip. Great suggestion. 

We ate at Puck’s restaurant before the DS remodel. Always good food. 

We will also be at WDW during the Memorial Day holiday.  If possible I’d like to shake your hand and put a face with the name.  Perhaps we will run into each other at DS. 

Cool. We will be there the 24th to the 27th at FW. I will PM you my contact info.

We have eaten at Splitsvile a couple of times and were always pleased with the food, plus on busy times you can always seem to get a table, we went there last time between Christmas and New Years

19 hours ago, YENSIDCAMPER said:

My next suggestion would be to go to the Wilderness Lodge to the outside bar area by the lake.  They have good reasonably priced food, great atmosphere, and a good bar.  I would recommend the Bourbon Breeze to drink.

I would second this - and as a second choice (or your second night) Blaze Pizza - it is delicious. 

7 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We ate at Blaze Pizza last Christmas. 

Loved it!

and it’s reasonably priced. 

We ate there a while ago.

The pizzas are pretty filling considering their size.

Didn't know you can load them down with some of the toppings at no extra charge.

Suggest reading their menu on line or outside before venturing in.  It's like a production line and once you get started you go pretty quick.

If you eat outside, so of the doors leading out there open inwards (hard to carry food and open the door) and others open outwards (much easier).

For single dining (sit down) I'd hit up places with a good bar where you can order off the restaurant menu and not need an ADR to get in. Geyser Point is one of our favorites - great view, good food and the bartenders are usually quite good as well. We also like The Wave at Contemporary.  Food is good and it's usually easy to get a seat.

And I'll second (third? fourth?) lots of places at DS, especially any of the bar areas at Boathouse, Splitsville, Homecomin, Raglan Road,  Morimoto, Paddlefish. 

If the inside bar is full at Boathouse, be sure to check out the one down on the docks.

Paddlefish has multiple bars on multiple decks, including one of the roof.  Lovely when the weather is nice.

Morimoto has a couple of bars inside, including the "hidden" (not really) sushi bar upstairs.

If you're in the area, in the mood for seafood and can wrangle a seat (much easier to do as a party of one) Narcoosees has a good bar also. And if the timing is right, you can watch the fireworks from the deck. 

For QS again I'd shoot for DS - Blaze, DLuxe burger, and a bunch of the newer restaurants have walk up windows also - I know of Homecomin, Frontera, there may be others. Oh and the fish and chips place around the corner from Raglan (mmmm).

For something in between there's the Puck's on the Marketplace side.  You order at a counter but they bring you your meal.  Food is generally very good, casual atmosphere, and bonus, it's not far from Dockside Margaritas - which often has live music.  

On 4/16/2019 at 9:01 AM, ImDownWithDisney said:

Several new places at Disney Springs have got my attention. Jaleo looks interesting. The new Wolfgang Puck restaurant is also very nice looking. We haven't found the time to check them out, but I hope to Memorial Day weekend.

Both of those plus Wine Bar George are on my list also. 

43 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Paddlefish has multiple bars on multiple decks, including one of the roof.  Lovely when the weather is nice.

We might have a winner!

we haven’t been to Paddlefish, well since before it was paddlefish. 

I’m all about the view.  

So I was bored and scrolling through WDW menus for something new on them and realized I’ve never eaten at Katsura Grill in Japan.

i don’t know how I’ve missed it.

maybe because when we eat in Japan it’s alwsys Teppan edo   

The food looks and sounds good and seems reasonably priced.

So what’s your opinion on Katsura grill?

best menu item?

worst menu item?

sushi, good or bad?

My personal favorites:

Disney Springs:

Boathouse - dockside bar it possible. If that's busy, try to get an outside seat at the Hangar Bar next door. Both overlook the amphicar launch and the water. Great sunsets.

Raglan Road - just because.

Morimoto Asia - sushi bar or the main ribbon bar inside. They also have outdoor seating overlooking the 'spring' of DS.

I've heard good things about Paddlefish and Wine Bar George, those are on the list if we get back this fall for food & wine. And Mo has a permanent seat at Dockside Margaritas.

Resorts:

Geyser Point - hands down my favorite outside bar/casual dining.

California Grill bar area - solid #2

Tiki Terrace at the Poly - great for afternoons, if the weather is gross you can go check out the Kona Cafe or the bar outside 'oHana.

Hurricane Hannah's at the Y&B club or the Big River Grille if you're over by EPCOT.

Parks:

Animal Kingdom: Nomad Lounge.

EPCOT: We really don't have a favorite there for a quick dining option, other than to grab a beer and some fish & chips from the cart outside the Rose & Crown and watch the band play in the garden at the UK Pavilion.

Hollywood Studios: The Baseline tap house, or if you want a meal instead of appetizers hit up the Tune In Lounge at the 50's prime time diner or the outside bar area next to the Hollywood Brown Derby. Both have a slightly modified menu of the restaurants they are attached to.

MK: Skipper Canteen, you can usually get a walk up reservation there. The dining options at MK are pretty limited, honestly.

Where are you staying?

7 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

My personal favorites:

Disney Springs:

Boathouse - dockside bar it possible. If that's busy, try to get an outside seat at the Hangar Bar next door. Both overlook the amphicar launch and the water. Great sunsets.

Raglan Road - just because.

Morimoto Asia - sushi bar or the main ribbon bar inside. They also have outdoor seating overlooking the 'spring' of DS.

I've heard good things about Paddlefish and Wine Bar George, those are on the list if we get back this fall for food & wine. And Mo has a permanent seat at Dockside Margaritas.

Resorts:

Geyser Point - hands down my favorite outside bar/casual dining.

California Grill bar area - solid #2

Tiki Terrace at the Poly - great for afternoons, if the weather is gross you can go check out the Kona Cafe or the bar outside 'oHana.

Hurricane Hannah's at the Y&B club or the Big River Grille if you're over by EPCOT.

Parks:

Animal Kingdom: Nomad Lounge.

EPCOT: We really don't have a favorite there for a quick dining option, other than to grab a beer and some fish & chips from the cart outside the Rose & Crown and watch the band play in the garden at the UK Pavilion.

Hollywood Studios: The Baseline tap house, or if you want a meal instead of appetizers hit up the Tune In Lounge at the 50's prime time diner or the outside bar area next to the Hollywood Brown Derby. Both have a slightly modified menu of the restaurants they are attached to.

MK: Skipper Canteen, you can usually get a walk up reservation there. The dining options at MK are pretty limited, honestly.

Where are you staying?

Great minds think alike. You listed some of our favorite places...boat house dock bar, Ragland road, geyser point, California grill, any bar at the Poly, Nomad Lounge.  

I am staying first night at Pop, then 4 nights at Wyndham bonnet creek, and then 4 nights at Pop again. 

My DW and DD will not join me until the third day at Bonnet creek. So I will have 3 nights by myself. 

8 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

the dining options at MK are pretty limited, honestly.

Your absolutely right. There’s only one quick service restaurant i like at MK. And that’s Columbia house.  

Cosmic Ray’s is ok. 

BOG is to crowded and it’s still hard to get a rezzie. 

Not crazy about Skipper’s canteen. We didn’t really like the food we tried there. 

Also, we’ve been known to leave MK to eat dinner. 

13 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Your absolutely right. There’s only one quick service restaurant i like at MK. And that’s Columbia house.  

Cosmic Ray’s is ok. 

BOG is to crowded and it’s still hard to get a rezzie. 

Not crazy about Skipper’s canteen. We didn’t really like the food we tried there. 

Also, we’ve been known to leave MK to eat dinner. 

Agreed. If we don't eat at Skippers (which we like, my wife and I usually get an order of the shu mai dumplings and split a steak salad) we will go somewhere on the monorail. If the kids are with us we'll sometimes grab the spicy chicken waffles at Liberty Square, or eat at Pecos Bill's (which is a lot like Chipotle now, to be honest)