UPDATED 5/6... LINK TO PILOT CAM/ BLUE ANGELS EPCOT MAY 2cd

U.S. Navy Blue Angels to Fly Over Spaceship Earth at Epcot on May 2

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

Guests visiting Epcot on May 2 will have the rare opportunity to see some of the world’s best pilots in action during their Walt Disney World Resort vacation when the U.S. Navy Blue Angels fly over the park’s iconic Spaceship Earth attraction. 

In honor of Military Appreciation Month, The U.S. Navy Blue Angels are scheduled to make two flight passes over Epcot on the morning of Thursday, May 2 before continuing their flight to the Fort Lauderdale Air Show in Florida.  If you’re planning to be at Epcot for the flyovers, a great viewing area will be between Spaceship Earth and the entrance to World Showcase. 

In 2015 and 2017, the Blue Angels performed similar flyovers to the cheers of thousands of guests at Magic Kingdom Park. At speeds of more than 250 mph, the Blue Angels performed a perfect “Delta Break” maneuver right above Cinderella Castle.  

Be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog on May 2 for coverage of the Blue Angel flyover at Epcot.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/05/pilot-cam-offers-rare-cockpit-view-of-u-s-navy-blue-angels-flyover-at-epcot/

Pilot Cam Offers Rare Cockpit View of U.S. Navy Blue Angels Flyover at Epcot

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

As we begin the weekend, we wanted to share a quick video from this week’s U.S. Navy Blue Angels flyovers at Epcot in honor of Military Appreciation Month.   The video offers an amazing perspective of the Blue Angels roaring above the Walt Disney World Resort before performing a perfect “Delta Break” maneuver above the iconic Spaceship Earth attraction.  Check it out:

Guests watching from below at Epcot on Thursday cheered the Blue Angels during both passes.  “I just found it beautiful, I’ve never seen it before,” said Epcot guest and University of Central Florida ROTC Cadet Harleigh Payne. “It makes me feel – this is why I joined the military and this is why I joined the Army.  It motivates me.”