Has anyone seen the various posts the resort guests and APs will be able to order over 30 different MBs with designs on them for a discounted price?

You can still get the plain color ones also.

Same as the plain ones, if you order them early enough they will be mailed, if not you get them at check in.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/05/new-magicband-options-coming-soon-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Travisma said:

There have been FB posts that the design ones are now available.

Disney Parks Blog has confirmed it with an update to their original story.

Yes they showed up yesterday. I have been able to play with it but not personally complete one yet.  They require an 11 day minimum lead time though. 

I guess I'm still old school and on the cheap side...  I am just as happy with the "free" ones that they send prior to arrival.  Don't even use the band anyway. I purchased one of those holders (the one where you have to remove the "puck" from the band) with a carabiner that I hook on my belt loop.

So some talk going around travel agent groups. There have been reports some are at least temporarily sold out. Including some of the solid colors. I am not sure how accurate it is as some cant see anything but grey and I can still see 20 or so options. 

One thing that may be causing issues is if even one of the MB's in your order is a custom one they have to ship it right away vs the usual 30 days before. 

Apparently a lot of people were either excited or thought it was a limited time thing so there are orders for trips that arent happening until 2020. If they were smart they would have put some kind of time limit for how far in advance people could order. 

49 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I played with it too. One thing I did discover, was my previous selections were gone. So if you have an existing reservation and already picked your colored Magic Bands, you need to go in and choose them again.

There were posts on FB yesterday that all of the design ones for AP's wouldn't process, so they called and were told that everything was sold out!  

I don't know if that included ones for resort guests also.

19 hours ago, Duane said:

I guess I'm still old school and on the cheap side...  I am just as happy with the "free" ones that they send prior to arrival.  Don't even use the band anyway. I purchased one of those holders (the one where you have to remove the "puck" from the band) with a carabiner that I hook on my belt loop.

I have 3 design ones.

One was Orange Bird we got when we won the blog contest for MNSSHP.

My daughter got me a Kylo Ren one when they first came out because it was supposed to light up the scanners a different color and make a different sound.  It only worked at HS and now it doesn't do anything special..

Then I bought the Nightmare before Christmas one.

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

I have 3 design ones.

My daughter got me a Kylo Ren one when they first came out because it was supposed to light up the scanners a different color and make a different sound.  It only worked at HS and now it doesn't do anything special..

Would be cool if it did something special at The Studios after Star Wars opens.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, Travisma said:

I have 3 design ones.

Some of my special ones do the same thing. Use it a few times and it will reset the scanners and the lights and sounds start working again. Noticed this last time we were there. Some of my nee ones took a few uses before they kicked in with the special lights and sounds.