Tim Tracker goes to Dollywood

This guy has really gotten himself in a good spot. Dollywood invited them up for a trip to the resort and the parks. So far it's a 3 part series, and he does a good job as usual.   DIT will love the cinnamon bread, and I was interested in the giant apple pie (189 bucks).  A lot of new stuff and a new water park to boot. 

Makes me want to go back even though I was just there in March.  Wildwood Grove, the new land, opens next week I believe.  

That pie is huge, and you get to keep the huge cast iron pan it's baked in.... But I can't eat that much pie nor can I imagine spending $200 on pie.   You can buy it by the slice but even that is steep.

Thanks for posting the video link. Rene and I have never been there and are planning to spend a couple of days at Dollywood on our way to the Defeated Creek gathering. The roller coasters have one of the traits that makes Magic Mountain in California one of my favorite parks. That is they are built taking advantage of the mountainous terrain. For me that makes the ride more fun than something built over a piece of flat land.

51 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

You can buy it by the slice but even that is steep.

Yeah but what good is a slice of a cast iron pan?

8 hours ago, keith_h said:

Thanks for posting the video link. Rene and I have never been there and are planning to spend a couple of days at Dollywood on our way to the Defeated Creek gathering. The roller coasters have one of the traits that makes Magic Mountain in California one of my favorite parks. That is they are built taking advantage of the mountainous terrain. For me that makes the ride more fun than something built over a piece of flat land.

If you like coaters built into the terrain try to visit Kennywood in Pittsburgh I believe three of their coasters are like that.

10 hours ago, keith_h said:

Probably break a tooth then it's to the dentist you go.

5 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I really wish they would open the campground for travel agents to book. I can book the hotel and I think the tickets but not the campground. Last I checked anyway.

If you're referring to Dollywood, they don't have a campground.  I sure wish they'd develop one...that would be epic.  

1 minute ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Maybe it was just booking teh Cabins there I was having trouble with. I know I fought and dug all over the place for booking Dollywood besides the hotel. I t was a few years ago though and I cant remember what it was. 

That could be it....they have a bunch of cabin rentals.  

22 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Makes me want to go back even though I was just there in March.  Wildwood Grove, the new land, opens next week I believe.  

That pie is huge, and you get to keep the huge cast iron pan it's baked in.... But I can't eat that much pie nor can I imagine spending $200 on pie.   You can buy it by the slice but even that is steep.

Even a single slice is 2.5lbs!

14 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

If you like coaters built into the terrain try to visit Kennywood in Pittsburgh I believe three of their coasters are like that.

They are! But the place isn't the same as it used to be....but I heard a new owner will be taking it over soon, hopefully for the better. 

9 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

They are! But the place isn't the same as it used to be....but I heard a new owner will be taking it over soon, hopefully for the better. 

That's good news, it's been around4 years since we have been there and it is a nice park, some trips the clientele was not the best and other times things were just fine, of course we always planned to be there when they open and out before dark. We also stay in New Stanton so we also figured in the drive back n forth.

16 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I thought they had a campground next door. What am I thinking of?

There is a campground next door or just down the road but I don't think they are associated with Dolly Wood

On 5/8/2019 at 9:33 PM, keith_h said:

A great coaster built with the land is the Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio.  The park is in an old quarry.  The coaster is built along the big cliff, the hill is double the size of most wooden coasters because they built it up the side of the quarry.  The first downhill of track goes down over the cliff edge, and is quite startling.  The 2nd downhill is a wide, sweeping turn, so you are almost sideways on the track when you go over the cliff.  The drop off of the cliff wall just makes your heart leap.   Love that coaster.