Time limit on Galaxy's Edge enforced by Storm Troopers

12 minutes ago, Travisma said:

According to one of the posts, a Disney rep. said 4 hours is plenty of time to see everything even if you have to wait 2 hours for the ride!

When avatar first opened there were wait times way inexcess of 4 hours.  Are the storm troopers going to pull people out of line after 4 hours?  

Its going to be a cluster (insert   expletive here). 

I get the idea behind a 4 hour limit. 

Good idea but it’s jist not going to work.

I can see it now...yes sir. I understand you waited in line for over 4 hours but we have a 4 hour time limit so we can let other people wait in line for 4 hours and then tell them to leave also. 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

This is only for the first 3 weeks, when admission into Galaxy's Edge is going to be by reservation only, anyway.  I assume that Disney will not overbook the attendance, so that everyone can get through the ride in a timely manner.  It's not like they will be allowing everyone who wants to, to get in line, the way they have done with other openings.  This one is going to be MUCH more limited. 

“At a certain point, if we have to, then we’ll start to ask them to leave the land,” said Disneyland vice president Kris Theiler.

Disneyland expects that most visitors will find four hours to be more than enough time to explore the new 14-acre Star Wars land.

“Four hours is a long time in the land,” Theiler said. “Most guests are going to find that they’re ready to roll after four hours.”

Stragglers will be dealt with by the First Order stormtroopers patrolling the land.

The reservation system has been designed to manage crowds and minimize wait times while keeping the land below capacity.

“It will be an awesome time to visit the land,” Theiler said.

The goal is to keep the wait times for Smugglers Run under two hours, Theiler said. Accommodations will be made if the attraction should experience any downtime.

The wait time for Smugglers Run will balloon if everybody entering Galaxy’s Edge heads straight for the attraction. Disney hopes to disperse visitors throughout the land during the reservation-only period and persuade riders to postpone their journey on Smugglers Run until the second or third hour of their visit when wait times will be less.

“We want to try and make sure that people aren’t spending the whole time standing in the queue,” Theiler said.

At the same time, Disney doesn’t want riders waiting until the last minute of their four-hour window to get in line for Smugglers Run.

“We want each group to feel like they had an awesome experience,” Theiler said.

Disneyland will use the upcoming employee previews to see how visitors behave in the land and make adjustments before the May 31 grand opening of Galaxy’s Edge.

1 hour ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

This is only for the first 3 weeks, when admission into Galaxy's Edge is going to be by reservation only, anyway.  I assume that Disney will not overbook the attendance, so that everyone can get through the ride in a timely manner.  It's not like they will be allowing everyone who wants to, to get in line, the way they have done with other openings.  This one is going to be MUCH more limited. 

You know what happens when you assume?    Lol!

When was the last time Disney limited the attendance to any park?  They’re crowded in January now a days  

I was at animal kingdom opening week of avatar.  We went one Tuesday and Wednesday and it was a nightmare.   The CMs tried there best to control crowds but it was worse then the MK on Christmas Day.  6+ hour waits. 

I hope your right that they keep the wait times to 2 hours or less.  But i doubt it based on past experiences at Disney. 

And do they reallly expect these die hard star ward fans to leave?

i guess we will have to wait and see. 

35 minutes ago, Travisma said:

“At a certain point, if we have to, then we’ll start to ask them to leave the land,” said Disneyland vice president Kris Theiler.

Disneyland expects that most visitors will find four hours to be more than enough time to explore the new 14-acre Star Wars land.

“Four hours is a long time in the land,” Theiler said. “Most guests are going to find that they’re ready to roll after four hours.”

Stragglers will be dealt with by the First Order stormtroopers patrolling the land.

The reservation system has been designed to manage crowds and minimize wait times while keeping the land below capacity.

The wait time for Smugglers Run will balloon if everybody entering Galaxy’s Edge heads straight for the attraction. Disney hopes to disperse visitors throughout the land during the reservation-only period and persuade riders to postpone their journey on Smugglers Run until the second or third hour of their visit when wait times will be less.

“We want each group to feel like they had an awesome experience,” Theiler said.

Disneyland will use the upcoming employee previews to see how visitors behave in the land and make adjustments before the May 31 grand opening of Galaxy’s Edge.

Again. Does this guy think die hard fans are just going to leave when asked?   They will go kicking and screaming!

no die hard fan is going to be ready to roll after four hours. 

Are they going to limit each guest to one turn on smugglers cove?

if not I can see people getting off the ride and right back into line.  Making wait times even longer. 

I wonder when the last time this guy visited a park with his family and actually waited in line for a ride. 

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

You know what happens when you assume?    Lol!

When was the last time Disney limited the attendance to any park?  They’re crowded in January now a days  

I was at animal kingdom opening week of avatar.  We went one Tuesday and Wednesday and it was a nightmare.   The CMs tried there best to control crowds but it was worse then the MK on Christmas Day.  6+ hour waits. 

I hope your right that they keep the wait times to 2 hours or less.  But i doubt it based on past experiences at Disney. 

And do they reallly expect these die hard star ward fans to leave?

i guess we will have to wait and see. 

IT is interesting for sure.  But this is the first time I've ever heard that Disney will be limiting attendance to a land.  This means they probably have only a few guardable ingress/ egress points, so non-wristband folks can't even go into the general star wars themed area. The article says guests will have wristbands color coded to the time they are allowed to be in the land.  I'd bet those wristbands also will also limit when you can get on the rides inside the land, and won't let you into the cantina / stores too.  

After the 3 week reservation only timeframe, you will STILL have to join a virtual queue ( like FP+ style) to even enter the land.  If you can't get into the land, you can't stand in a standby queue for the rides, so there will be no 6 hour long lines from the sound of it. 

I'm sure folks who get the bands will be given information on the rules of how to use them, and when they are expected to leave. I found these articles on it. 

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/09/how-disneyland-will-enforce-the-4-hour-reservation-window-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-reservations-rules-disneyland/

11 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

IT is interesting for sure.  But this is the first time I've ever heard that Disney will be limiting attendance to a land.  This means they probably have only a few guardable ingress/ egress points, so non-wristband folks can't even go into the general star wars themed area. The article says guests will have wristbands color coded to the time they are allowed to be in the land.  I'd bet those wristbands also will also limit when you can get on the rides inside the land, and won't let you into the cantina / stores too.  

After the 3 week reservation only timeframe, you will STILL have to join a virtual queue ( like FP+ style) to even enter the land.  If you can't get into the land, you can't stand in a standby queue for the rides, so there will be no 6 hour long lines from the sound of it. 

I'm sure folks who get the bands will be given information on the rules of how to use them, and when they are expected to leave. I found these articles on it. 

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/09/how-disneyland-will-enforce-the-4-hour-reservation-window-for-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-reservations-rules-disneyland/

Foolish mortal, thinking that 

1:People will read any rules they are given

2: In the slight chance they do read the rules, they will actually follow them.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Foolish mortal, thinking that 

1:People will read any rules they are given

2: In the slight chance they do read the rules, they will actually follow them.

hahahahahah!  yeah, you are right.  They won't read any rules.   And, there will be the groups who get tipsy and decide that it will be fun to be taken out by stormtroopers.  I can see that becoming a badge of honor and fodder for you tube videos.  Heck, the candid video's of people who don't want to leave are going to be very entertaining, too.   I feel sorry for the stormtroopers, but then there are people like my husband, who would gladly volunteer for that job. 

So a 4 hour limit, kick people out AFTER they've dropped a small fortune on the fancy new food and drinks, but will not have had a hope in HE double hockey sticks of getting on a ride - and wave the Mickey Mitt at them telling them to come back soon.

It's all about the Disney $$$$$$$

Man, I'm having fun with this one.  What if they have a PSA at the gates as you enter, in Kylo Ren's voice, or another threatening voice, that tells you in a very dramatic, no-quarter-given tone, exactly when you are expected to leave.  

" After 2:00 PM Batuu time, all citizens with gold armband are to be ejected from the settlement " 

" After 4:00 PM Batuu time, any resistance scum with red band ID's will be driven into the rancor pit."

I guess you can't get too vicious with it, because too many people would WANT to be fed to a rancor. 

10 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

So a 4 hour limit, kick people out AFTER they've dropped a small fortune on the fancy new food and drinks, but will not have had a hope in HE double hockey sticks of getting on a ride - and wave the Mickey Mitt at them telling them to come back soon.

It's all about the Disney $$$$$$$

Why do you think they won't be able to get on a ride?  By limiting the number of people in GE, they pretty much guarantee that you will have time to get on a ride.  That's the whole point behind the reservation system they've worked up. 

It is lovely that Disney is trying to come up with a plan to make the guest experience more "enjoyable" in the new land.  Perhaps it would have been better all around if they completed multiple attractions BEFORE putting out the welcome mat.  Seems to me they created this problem and now are looking for a way to solve it that sounds complicated and very un-magical.  At moment, I am very glad the opening has been delayed beyond the dates of our annual trip (but don't tell my die-hard Star Wars fan I said that).