The second most annoying couple in the world LOVE BUGS

Disney FB pages have been exploding with posts about the annual Love Bug invasion.

People are freaking out that they are all over the place, even in the parks, and OMG landing on people.

Not sure if the posts are just herd mentality or the posters have never been in FL this time of year.

There were some interesting photos posted, one was of a ME Bus that was completely covered on the front, another meme showed  this Related image

But this article takes the invasion to new heights!

Burn Florida to the ground

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/05/14/burn-florida-to-the-ground?utm_source=featurefollow&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=hpfeatures&utm_content=HomeTopFeature

Follow the link to a video

You took it too far this time, Florida. 

It's one thing for lovebugs to smash relentlessly onto our car windshields during their harmless mating season. Floridians are used to that. We don't even complain anymore when we accidentally inhale a horny couple. 

But this video posted by Dana Hayes Erickson shows an egregious attack. The Sarasota resident was fishing with her husband and friends on a boat off Lido Key Beach when they were swarmed by a biblical-sized orgy of lovebugs in the middle of the ocean, WFTS Tampa Bay reports. 

The terror in the video, which has over 2 million views, is obvious. 

"We gotta get the hell out of here. We're taken over by bugs," a woman says. "This is fxxxxxx up." 

"Look at that," another woman says, pointing to the seats crawling with interlocking black insects and letting out a cathartic scream as more of the randy turds have sex in her hat. 

"They were everywhere," Erickson later told Bay News 9. "In the cabin of the boat. They were in our seats, under the seat mats, in our towels, in our shoes. Everywhere. My bathing suit." 

Erickson told the TV station that they fled the lovebug attack at 40 miles an hour but that wasn't enough to get them off the boat. Two hours of power-washing finally cleaned off the gross corpses. The only trace left of those lovebugs is this disturbing video, which we will never be able to unsee. 

"So what's worse?" we asked Erickson. "Love bugs on your car or on you and your boat during a fishing trip?""It is definitely worse on a boat," Erickson responded. "You're protected in your car, not so much on a boat."

And this is what we get when kids that never played outside, grow into adults.  They never learned to deal with wildlife!  At least they are harmless.  I've been in a swarm that size of biting flies in Kansas once.  That was painful.

• 3 weeks later...

Late to this party. These people are always at the fort, maybe they're even memebers here IDK.  This the craziest stuff I've ever seen! The cab! The mirrors! And by the way they talk at the end they waited until they got home to clean it off! I couldn't imagine spending a week in that RV in that condition.  I wash mine as soon as I get there regardless.  Grossssssss

I personally think the car wash industry is behind this whole thing!  I think some car wash executive smuggled a couple of the conjoined "lovers" back from some convention in South America.  And here we are today!  :kiss:

19 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Every year varies... Last two years we didn't see any before we left in May. This year ta few were flying around mid April.  

Years and areas vary.

We had hardly any around my house and we made at least 4 trips from Tampa to Orlando and maybe had 3 or 4 hit my truck.

Back 20 years ago they were so thick they would clog radiators.  They used to sell pieces of window screening with bungees attached to hook over the front of your car to keep them out of the engine compartment.

It depends on where you are in Florida.  They have been pretty thick this year in places.  Season is winding down until September.

I would have cleaned that windshield a whole lot sooner.  Makes me nervous not to be able to see clearly, they couldn't have had a good view of the sides of the road.

Also, they let the peroxide sit on the glass a while but with just the water the scrubbing started as soon as the water hit the window.  I know the bugs are easier to remove early in the morning if we had a good dew the night before.

What is Purple Power?  As a good fiend I feel I should know that.

8 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

What is Purple Power?  As a good fiend I feel I should know that.

https://petroleumservicecompany.com/purple-power-cleaner/?gclid=CjwKCAjw8-LnBRAyEiwA6eUMGvNN9uaevC8r5x9l1ogrtqiViAy6ONFPLEcIm5NPEmhYf-Zyb7ci0RoCly8QAvD_BwE

Available at Wally World and Dollar General just to name a couple sellers

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma
added info
15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Thanks Grumpy, interesting.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

This is the picture I was looking for to add to the original post

Related image

This photo reminds me of an Amtrac engine coming from South Florida pulling into the Orlando station many years ago.  It was worse than this bus.  Have no idea how the engineer could see out his window.  At least he had tracks to follow. 

14 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

I'm obviously way more shocked than the southerners.  I've never seen a vehicle look like the one in that video. 

Obviously you have not spent much time in the central part of our state during Mayfly season.  Driving along the river routes of the Susquehanna River and the vehicles look almost that bad.  You can hear the bugs being crushed under the tires of the vehicles too.

and yes, I would camp in that.  All that nasty stuff is on the outside.  Not inside the camper.

10 hours ago, bhall said:

Obviously you have not spent much time in the central part of our state during Mayfly season.  Driving along the river routes of the Susquehanna River and the vehicles look almost that bad.  You can hear the bugs being crushed under the tires of the vehicles too.

and yes, I would camp in that.  All that nasty stuff is on the outside.  Not inside the camper.

I lived in a town on the Mississippi River for a couple of years as a kid and remember Mayflies. They would fill the gutters and you couldn't walk downtown without stepping on bugs. A funny thing I remember reading in that town's local paper a while back. It appears that Mayfly populations are dropping to the point there are concerns they might become endangered. The cause are all of the business and street lights attracting the bugs instead of them mating and laying eggs. Wish that worked for mosquitoes.