Just wanted to share a news segment sent to us by a friend, it is about a small amusement park in Pa that if you are ever in the area a stop there will be worth your time. It is a old family run park that caters to the family atmosphere. Camping is also available one campground next to the park with just electric, fill water on arrival dump when leaving and another campground near by with full hook ups and a shuttle if needed.

https://wnep.com/2019/05/15/catching-up-with-dick-knoebel/

1 hour ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Knoebels is a great park.  Free parking and admission.

I agree, the wife & I run a rv rally for Forest River there plus my wife won't let us miss the Covered Bridge Festival in October.....at least not yet.

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Had to google it. Looks like an awesome place.  

Plus they have beer and dole whips.  

Just curious but do you buy the all day pass or simply pay for each ride you want to ride?

You can do both but there are some restrictions for the all day pass on some rides and some weekend exclusions too.  I don't think the all day pass covers the roller coasters or the Haunted House though and you need to buy an additional pass for that.  They sell $20 worth of tickets in books.  You can purchase from Weis Markets (A Grocery Store chain that started near Knoebels)  for $16 a voucher for a $20 book.  https://www.weismarkets.com/amusement-park-tickets

3 years ago I bought 10 vouchers for $160 and got $200 worth of tickets.  I used the last of them up last year on their last October.  Yes, the tickets are non-expiring.

7 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Just wanted to share a news segment sent to us by a friend, it is about a small amusement park in Pa that if you are ever in the area a stop there will be worth your time. It is a old family run park that caters to the family atmosphere. Camping is also available one campground next to the park with just electric, fill water on arrival dump when leaving and another campground near by with full hook ups and a shuttle if needed.

https://wnep.com/2019/05/15/catching-up-with-dick-knoebel/

Knoebels is the best amusement park on the planet, but that's just my sentimentality telling you that.  It is the first amusement park I ever visited and campground I ever camped at at the tender age of 4 months in 1976.  My mom's family (Aunts, Uncles, Cousins) would camp up there every year for a week around Labor Day and we would go up and visit them during the weekend.  I've been to Kneobels every year of my life now with the exception of 2002.  We go up at least 2-3 times a year although my wife and I haven't camped at the adjacent campground because I find it too cramped to get the camper in there.  Instead, we have camped at their other campground called Lake Glory and we found one called J&D campground 1 mile north of the park.  I'm amazed every time we go and how many familiar faces we see in staff members year after year.  Most of all I remember "Bumper Car Jack".  He ran the bumper cars from the time I was just tall enough to drive myself until a few years ago.  There are many other familiar faces like the lady who collects tickets on the long train ride (you can take your dog on it).  I also literally ran into Dick Knoebels as little snot nosed kid.  I was racing my cousins to the bumper cars and looking back to see where they were when I ran into him and fell down on the stones.  He picked me up, dusted me off and told me "no need to rush, the bumper cars aren't going anywhere" and tussled my hair. 

I wish Dick many more healthy and prosperous years.

The haunted house is a classic must do.

Another great amusement park in PA is Kennywood 

8 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Had to google it. Looks like an awesome place.  

Plus they have beer and dole whips.  

Just curious but do you buy the all day pass or simply pay for each ride you want to ride?

If you ever make it out you have to let us know we could be your personal tour guide.

Yes on Dole Whip but think the only place for beer would be the golf course, which they also own.

We have done both but mostly kids got the wrist bands we did tickets.

4 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

The haunted house is a classic must do.

Another great amusement park in PA is Kennywood 

Kennywwod is a great park as well, we usually visit there every few years, they have a new coaster plus a whole new section this year.

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

If you ever make it out you have to let us know we could be your personal tour guide.

Yes on Dole Whip but think the only place for beer would be the golf course, which they also own.

We have done both but mostly kids got the wrist bands we did tickets.

You know I’ll take you up on that. 

The Nickle Plate, at the golf course, is we’re i saw alcohol on the menu.