This has never been told to me previously.  All I have is a Ram 1500 4 door, and it’s pretty much standard, no mudder tires, not jacked up. 

People have told be I have a big belly, but never a big truck until tonight at HS.

We got to the park around 6 and got the typical finger pointing down an aisle to park.  

When we got to the girl pointing to the spaces she walked over to the truck and stopped me.  

She said you have a big truck so I want you to straddle that line and take up two spaces.

What? I didn’t argue with her and did what she said.  It was nice being able to get out without having to be careful of the neighboring cars occupants jumping out while trying to park or having to dodge open doors.

On the way out I noticed a few other trucks parked the same way.

Maybe because it was late that they allowed me to park that way. But whatever the reason I was thrilled.  And it was a lot easier backing out when we left!

When 3 of us traveling together drove to the parks one day all with crew cabs but only 2 with dual wheels they did the same thing to us, if we took the Kenworth I am not sure where they would park us. When we go to other amusement parks with the Smart car I ask for half price seeing everyone says it's half a car but they never agree with me.

It's not that our trucks are larger, it is because the cars they are making are getting smaller. Even a top line family sedan is a small car, don't try to put 6 adults in a car anymore. I drive a truck because it is the only thing I can be comfortable in.

5 hours ago, BigTom said:

It's not that our trucks are larger, it is because the cars they are making are getting smaller. Even a top line family sedan is a small car, don't try to put 6 adults in a car anymore. I drive a truck because it is the only thing I can be comfortable in.

Trucks are getting larger and for no reason. Up until 2015 Linda could get in and out of our Silverados with no issue. In 2015 we had to start carrying a folding stool for her to get in and out. Even the new Canyon/Colorado and Ranger are taller and wider, even though poorly designed. I had a  first generation Canyon that I could get in and out of easily, looked at a 2018 and couldn't get in without hitting my head. Even the salesman complained about getting in.  It's a shame that the Big 3 think everybody want's to drive a semi. I'm more comfortable in our new Traverse than what I was in the 2015 PU.

11 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Trucks are getting larger and for no reason. Up until 2015 Linda could get in and out of our Silverados with no issue. In 2015 we had to start carrying a folding stool for her to get in and out. Even the new Canyon/Colorado and Ranger are taller and wider, even though poorly designed. I had a  first generation Canyon that I could get in and out of easily, looked at a 2018 and couldn't get in without hitting my head. Even the salesman complained about getting in.  It's a shame that the Big 3 think everybody want's to drive a semi. I'm more comfortable in our new Traverse than what I was in the 2015 PU.

Power running boards help a lot. My wife has a bad back. She loves the running boards on the 450. 

On 5/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I am not impressed with the new Ranger at all, although I'm strangely impressed with the Canyon after seeing a couple in person at my last T@B rally. Even though I'm still in the Ford camp and will probably still get an F150 for my next tow vehicle. 

29 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I am not impressed with the new Ranger at all, although I'm strangely impressed with the Canyon after seeing a couple in person at my last T@B rally. Even though I'm still in the Ford camp and will probably still get an F150 for my next tow vehicle. 

I am not sure what ford was thinking with the new ranger.

4 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Unless you just want a small truck I don't see how you could go wrong with a F150 ecoboost for towing. I know a few guys with them, and they all love the engine.