3 hours ago, Travisma said:

Last time we went to BOG (walk in lunch time) we noticed the the food portions got quite a bit smaller, weren't as good, and seemed to have gone up in $$ slightly.

Not a fun time.

46 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

...count me on the list who were not impressed by BOG.  Too noise, food sub par. 

24 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Dinner at BOG is really good (at least it was last Mother's Day); much better than breakfast or lunch.  Noise is a real concern, wlthough we always ask to be seated in the Gallery and that is much quieter.

I'm seeing a trend here...

Sit upstairs at lunch, unless I like noise and padding Mickey's retirement fund.

11 minutes ago, keith_h said:

We usually leave on Saturday so what we like to do is get the trailer hooked up then park in the overflow lot. We will then take the bus back to Trails End for their brunch before we hit the road. Not only does it allow us to skip a lunch stop but it leaves the rest of our nights open to visit other restaurants.

26 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A couple more things to consider while you're making plans:

1. Be Our Guest has a fixed menu at dinner- at a high price point. The lunch menu is quick serve. The restaurant is beautiful and fun. Go there for lunch. It's a good deal when you consider the ambiance at lunch. 

2.  The big items on the buffet at dinner at Trail's End are the exact same fried chicken and ribs served at the HDDMR. You might not want to eat at both of those places on the same trip. 

Have you considered Biergarten at Epcot?  That's a Fiend favorite. 

TCD

Thanks for the highlight on Trail's End v HDDR.  The only problem with that logic is that my son loves any food delivered on the bone:  Fried chicken, ribs, turkey legs, pork chops...keep your hands clear.  Trail's End might be a treat at the end of the week when bub wants some ribs and Chef Dad doesn't want to cook.

The Biergarten sounds good.  I appreciate the resounding feedback from everyone on it.  The kiddos like it when we eat at these type spots.  I'll have to starve my daughter before we go to get my $ worth out of the buffet though...of course she'll be considered an adult by WDW pricing, but she eats about as much as a 4 year old most of the time.

58 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

San Angel Inn was good.  I remember a nice shrimp cocktail, and overlooking the Three Caballeros ride is fun.  I prefer La Hacienda de San Angel,  outside the pyramid.  The 2 person grilled sampler was SO over the top good.  We got the one with beef, chicken and chorizo.  I thought I would like the beef the best, and it was really good, but I still dream about being able to find those little sausages again.  Everything about that meal was amazing to me.  The sides, the dessert,  the chicken was even better than the beef.

Also, I can't go to EPCOT without eating at least once at Nine Dragons.  I always get some sort of chicken dish, and have never been disappointed.  It's different than the usual Chinese food you get in the USA.  It's fresher somehow,  more snappy a flavor profile.  

Thanks for the feedback.  The A/C of the San Angel Inn was part of the draw, but cheaper prices and solid feedback on the food might change our mind.

I'll take a look at Nine Dragons.  I didn't consider Chinese for the crew.

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I've seen the little hard ones down here.

There is a joke in there somewhere...

1 hour ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Also, I can't go to EPCOT without eating at least once at Nine Dragons.  I always get some sort of chicken dish, and have never been disappointed.  It's different than the usual Chinese food you get in the USA.  It's fresher somehow,  more snappy a flavor profile.  

I've never been to Coral Reef, and count me on the list who were not impressed by BOG.  Too noise, food sub par. 

I LOVE Nine Dragons; ate there yesterday.  ALWAYS a great meal and service.  One of my favorites.

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There's no upstairs at BOG.

TCD

Gallery rather.  I've done too much research and conflating restaurants.  Maybe I need to go back an shovel some more to clear my head.

10 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

I LOVE Nine Dragons; ate there yesterday.  ALWAYS a great meal and service.  One of my favorites.

Thanks

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

You're in TX and you can't find Chorizo?

Most little Hispanic stores and a lot of the major grocery stores sell them here in Tampa.

HA!  of course I can find chorizo.  It's everywhere, and I don't really like the stuff I find here.  What they served at EPCOT though.. OMG.  I guess they make them there.  They are just barely bigger than cocktail sausages,  have a firmer texture than most Mexican chorizo, but still have the chili/ garlic flavor profile.  It's a little less than a year until my next visit to WDW, and I can't wait to get back to that restaurant.