It may be a little too early to call it, but so far this weekend has been very tame. There's a ton of rangers out and about in carts, on bikes, and uniformed security cruising the loops in cars. I haven't seen one unruly thing so far. The 2000 loop is basically full and no salsa dancing block parties yet. We leave on Monday so someone else will have to report back. We've been here the last 2 years, and this is the quietest so far. 

I noticed on our last trip it seemed much calmer at the Fort. The only thing we ran across, was 2 nights in a row were 2 rental carts with guys in there late 20’s completely plastered cutting donuts, driving where there were no roads , driving where it said no carts and just being really loud they almost hit us once and they were just laughing. 

20 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

It may be a little too early to call it, but so far this weekend has been very tame. There's a ton of rangers out and about in carts, on bikes, and uniformed security cruising the loops in cars. I haven't seen one unruly thing so far. The 2000 loop is basically full and no salsa dancing block parties yet. We leave on Monday so someone else will have to report back. We've been here the last 2 years, and this is the quietest so far. 

Well, we are in the 2100 loop now.  Just road the cart through 2000 and 8t is quiet.....

34 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I saw on FB that a projector was stolen also.

The Fort ain’t what it used to be...

That sux. 

I don't blame the Fort. They did a good job this weekend. I blame society, and possibly some trashy people who now can afford a RV. It was probably some sh!thead kids that were being stupid. My wife's $1k trek bike was laying unlocked a few feet away and was untouched. This was our first problem with theft at any campground, and probably not the last unfortunately.  

10 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Well it was quiet, but 2 of our 8 led tiki torches were stolen last night. I wish I could have caught that thieving f@#k and thumped his skull. 🖕

That stinks.  Saw a FB post where someone else had their solar tiki torches stolen as well. 

I just don't understand taking something that is not yours.

Happy to hear that the property (overall) was calmer.  That's a nice change.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:31 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

It's crickets at the Fort. Security has stepped up and people are behaving. It's a nice change. 

Huzzah!!

9 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

... It was probably some sh!thead kids that were being stupid. My wife's $1k trek bike was laying unlocked a few feet away and was untouched. This was our first problem with theft at any campground, and probably not the last unfortunately.  

Sounds like moron shenanigans more than actual criminal activity. 

Still stinks.

We never think about what we leave out when we're camping, although it's mostly chairs and lanterns.  I guess we'll have to think more about it now.

I blame people that rent campers. If you don't own it,  take care of it, and tow it your self, you don't deserve to get to stay at the Fort. And a minimum requirement should be that you changed at least one blowout on the side of the interstate, the camping right of passage. 

11 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I blame people that rent campers. If you don't own it,  take care of it, and tow it your self, you don't deserve to get to stay at the Fort. And a minimum requirement should be that you changed at least one blowout on the side of the interstate, the camping right of passage. 

Hard to argue with that 

4 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

4 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Hard to argue with that 

Whoah...... NO THANK YOU. Have had my trailer for 12 years now, don't EVER want a blowout. Because I know, it will most likely do so much damage it will total my trailer. I replace my tires every 4 years like clockwork, and check the pressure every single trip, and every time before moving the trailer.

So please, I DO NOT want that particular rite of passage.

31 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Whoah...... NO THANK YOU. Have had my trailer for 12 years now, don't EVER want a blowout. Because I know, it will most likely do so much damage it will total my trailer. I replace my tires every 4 years like clockwork, and check the pressure every single trip, and every time before moving the trailer.

So please, I DO NOT want that particular rite of passage.

I never wanted it but it has happened. And it did total my last trailer.  I also get new tires every 4 years and check air pressure before every trip. I would be perfectly happy if I never saw another blow out. But over the last 17 years I have had 3 on the trailer and one on the truck.

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I never wanted it but it has happened. And it did total my last trailer.  I also get new tires every 4 years and check air pressure before every trip. I would be perfectly happy if I never saw another blow out. But over the last 17 years I have had 3 on the trailer and one on the truck.

We had our second on the way to the Fort in 2017. Our first was on the way to the Fort in 2004 on a big camper that. Both were on I-4 in FL.  Neither did any major damage thankfully.  The first one was a slow leak and we didn't even notice the first until someone pulled up along side us and told us our tire was flat. Scary part there was that it was on the drivers side and we had to change it in pretty heavy traffic. The most recent was a true blow out and was pretty scary on its own as it just POPPED.  Luckily we weren't going fast and were already in the right lane and I was able to slow down and safely get to the shoulder. We lost a piece of trim in that one, but luckily nothing more than that.  This one was on the passenger's side and the worst part about it was trying to change the tire in between two huge fire ant mounds... still have the scars.

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I’m a firm believer that new tires and checking air before every trip isn’t sufficient. Yes, I replace my tires ever 3 - 5 years. Yes, I check and air up my tires before every trip, but.......

i take it it one step further, I have a tire pressure sensor on every tire on both the tow vehicle and the trailer.   So far on three occasions even though I had new tires that were at the proper pressure before the trip I have had alarms that caused me to stop. Two of the situations were screws I picked up from the road and one was a valve stem that began leaking. In all three cases I had sufficient time to pull to a place of complete safety and address the situation in a place other than the side of the road.  One of the the three, when I exited the highway there was a tire store at the bottom of the exit ramp.

In all three cases, once I stopped, even though the tires were drastically low on air,  they appeared fully inflated and they passed the “kick” test. 

I fully believe that that the vast majority of “Chinese Junk Tire” failures and “old tire” failures are really road hazards that have caused a loss of tire pressure that caused a catastrophic failure. In all three of my instances, had I not responded to the alarm and stopped towing I’m sure I would have a failure. Most times when a tire overheats and fails you end up with little evidence to prove what happened. 

Everyone should have a TPMS on all tires. 

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I was just about to pass an 18 wheeler on Monday when the right rear of his trailer blew out. It sounded like a bomb. 

Ours sounded like a small explosion for sure.  In fact an 18 wheeler was passing us at the time and at first I thought it was that truck... and then I knew it wasn't.

2 hours ago, tim5055 said:

I’m a firm believer that new tires and checking air before every trip isn’t sufficient. Yes, I replace my tires ever 3 - 5 years. Yes, I check and air up my tires before every trip, but.......

I fully believe that that the vast majority of “Chinese Junk Tire” failures and “old tire” failures are really road hazards that have caused a loss of tire pressure that caused a catastrophic failure. In all three of my instances, had I not responded to the alarm and stopped towing I’m sure I would have a failure. Most times when a tire overheats and fails you end up with little evidence to prove what happened. 

That, along with the fact that 90% of all RV tires are rated at 65 MPH... The new USA Goodyear Endurance is now rated at 80 MPH. 

2 hours ago, tim5055 said:

i take it it one step further, I have a tire pressure sensor on every tire on both the tow vehicle and the trailer.   So far on three occasions even though I had new tires that were at the proper pressure before the trip I have had alarms that caused me to stop. Two of the situations were screws I picked up from the road and one was a valve stem that began leaking. In all three cases I had sufficient time to pull to a place of complete safety and address the situation in a place other than the side of the road.  One of the the three, when I exited the highway there was a tire store at the bottom of the exit ramp.

In all three cases, once I stopped, even though the tires were drastically low on air,  they appeared fully inflated and they passed the “kick” test. 

I fully believe that that the vast majority of “Chinese Junk Tire” failures and “old tire” failures are really road hazards that have caused a loss of tire pressure that caused a catastrophic failure. In all three of my instances, had I not responded to the alarm and stopped towing I’m sure I would have a failure. Most times when a tire overheats and fails you end up with little evidence to prove what happened. 

Everyone should have a TPMS on all tires. 

Agree with 100% of this post and also a strong advocate of keeping speed below 60 mph.