New Fort Wilderness Parking Restrictions

I saw that article and wondered what was new. Over the years, more often than not, the restrictions were in place. Hopefully they are deciding to enforce the rules more. We were camping a couple of weeks ago and noticed how quiet the Fort was. Maybe it is having an impact. 

3 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

Now we just need to work on 10 ft. utility trailers taking up full size RV spots.

I'll be honest, if I needed an RV spot and a trailer was taking it up, I would move it......  I have seen very few trailers wit a boot on a wheel, and  10 ft utility I can lift the front and move around. 

12 hours ago, tim5055 said:

I'll be honest, if I needed an RV spot and a trailer was taking it up, I would move it......  I have seen very few trailers wit a boot on a wheel, and  10 ft utility I can lift the front and move around. 

You would have had lots of opportunities last week. Especially over the holiday weekend, there were lots of examples of some interesting parking jobs. 

21 minutes ago, WrigleysWagon said:

You would have had lots of opportunities last week. Especially over the holiday weekend, there were lots of examples of some interesting parking jobs. 

I was there.  My pick up and golf cart trailer were out in the lot.

Last time we went to the fort our site wasn’t ready and they directed us to the overflow.  Same thing, I couldn’t believe the amount of poor parking jobs and small trailers sitting in the bigger pull thru spaces with plenty of smaller spaces next to the grass empty.  We drove around twice before parking at the end of an aisle.  And all we had was my Ram and an 8 foot square Coleman PUP.  Saw quite a few RVs parked along the roads in the overflow semi set up.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, tim5055 said:

Well, I'll be honest and say.... we have done that.  Had to park our huge girl in the overflow, while waiting for our site, and there were several utility trailers taking up RV spots.  We simply moved one a spot over, so it was sharing with another utility trailer. 

Sunday we were at the Fort to have lunch with friends at Trails End. We got there around 11:15 and found one open parking spot outside of the main overflow area. Then someone was trying to pull into the overflow area which had people parked all over the place. Their camper clipped another camper and the blocked the side exit right after checkout time. The backup stretched down towards the Settlement and no busses could get in or out. Security opened the side entrance gate and directed traffic so people could exit through the entrance and also let busses back in. The point is, they need to control the parking because it is a mess. I can’t imagine what it gets like when it is time for Hoop de Doo. 

5 hours ago, djsamuel said:

The point is, they need to control the parking because it is a mess. 

Definitely because too many people drive RV's when they can't even drive/park a car properly.  I can be critical I had a CDL until I retired.

12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Definitely because too many people drive RV's when they can't even drive/park a car properly.  I can be critical I had a CDL until I retired.

Judging by some of the Swift drivers and other fools I see on the road a CDL is no longer hard to get or a deciding factor on how you can drive or handle a long trailer.

20 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Sunday we were at the Fort to have lunch with friends at Trails End. We got there around 11:15 and found one open parking spot outside of the main overflow area. Then someone was trying to pull into the overflow area which had people parked all over the place. Their camper clipped another camper and the blocked the side exit right after checkout time. The backup stretched down towards the Settlement and no busses could get in or out. Security opened the side entrance gate and directed traffic so people could exit through the entrance and also let busses back in. The point is, they need to control the parking because it is a mess. I can’t imagine what it gets like when it is time for Hoop de Doo. 

YIKES!!

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Judging by some of the Swift drivers and other fools I see on the road a CDL is no longer hard to get or a deciding factor on how you can drive or handle a long trailer.

It's not the driving it's the parking and backing. Unless they removed the obstacle course for the test, which I doubt, it's not that easy. How many people get 100 on a regular driving test then basically ignore all the rules once they hit the road?

30 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

It's not the driving it's the parking and backing. Unless they removed the obstacle course for the test, which I doubt, it's not that easy. How many people get 100 on a regular driving test then basically ignore all the rules once they hit the road?

Just search swift driver on youtube and watch the carnage. A lot of these new guys can't drive, back, or maneuver worth a crap. There's no way the test is hard now if guys can pass it and then pull idiot moves like that in the real world.  

3 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Swift has the worst! Their reputation is awful! 

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Just search swift driver on youtube and watch the carnage. A lot of these new guys can't drive, back, or maneuver worth a crap. There's no way the test is hard now if guys can pass it and then pull idiot moves like that in the real world.  

Go take the test independently. Swift is probably like WDW they self test,. Lou was even unhappy about many of their drivers. I've been cut off many times by a WDW bus too. 

YEP, just as I thought, they SELF train.   

Become a Driver

Swift provides truck driving jobs with CDL training. Join the Swift ...
Edited by Grumpy and Grandma
added more info
12 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I've been cut off many times by a WDW bus too. 

I was almost hit by a bus Memorial day weekend. I saw she didn't swing wide enough making a left, luckily I stopped 20 feet before the stop sign and the driver missed my front end by only a few inches.

19 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

My trucks door and fender can attest to that!

Came out of work yesterday and one of my fellow postal people left a big scrape/dent about 4 foot long with a smaller dig another 3 foot down my passenger side.

No notes saying I'm sorry or insurance info.

I thought they might've been on my dash cam that starts recording if the door even slams, but they must've done it slowly and gently and the camera didn't go off.

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Go take the test independently. Swift is probably like WDW they self test,. Lou was even unhappy about many of their drivers. I've been cut off many times by a WDW bus too. 

YEP, just as I thought, they SELF train.   

Become a Driver

Swift provides truck driving jobs with CDL training. Join the Swift ...

Whatever they are doing isn't working well. And whoever administers their test and license should be fired.