Here's the quote from Touring Plans:

Len Testa, president of the travel website TouringPlans.com, has a reservation for the first group allowed to enter Galaxy’s Edge on Friday at 8 a.m. Disneyland has advised these people that they can enter the park as early as 6 a.m.

But there’s a catch: The line to enter the park will start forming even earlier in the day. “I’m guessing that the line for wristbands will start forming no later than 4 a.m., depending on where Disney allows people to queue up,” Testa said.

“Every minute earlier you arrive represents maybe 40 to 50 fewer people ahead of you,” Munsil said. “If there’s one true thing about Disney and getting there early, it’s ‘There’s always someone more hardcore than you.’”

Also saw that rooms a Grand Californian are averaging $750 a night.

Yowsa!!  And yes, I believe all that. And I expect it will be as bad, if not worse, at HS.

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Also saw that rooms a Grand Californian are averaging $750 a night.

I saw somewhere that all the Disneyland hotels were 100% sold out for the grand opening.

2 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yowsa!!  And yes, I believe all that. And I expect it will be as bad, if not worse, at HS.

I saw somewhere that all the Disneyland hotels were 100% sold out for the grand opening.

I was curious and had to look.  I don't know about last night, but I just checked availability starting tonight for the weekend and there is some!

DLrooms.jpg

That's it.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Travisma said:

They are getting ready for Galaxy's Edge at WDW

Image result for galaxy edge line starts here meme

I'd laugh hard at that except...

Word on the interwebz is that the line for the opening of the new Harry Potter ride (that replaced Dueling Dragons) is 10 hours long!!!! 

If you've been to Islands of Adventure, that means it goes all the way back from where Dueling Dragons was, nearly to the park turnstiles.

That's for a single ride in an already established, albeit very popular "land" in the park.

I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing the end of the Galaxy's Edge line out my front door... here in southern NH.

Just now, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'd laugh hard at that except...

Word on the interwebz is that the line for the opening of the new Harry Potter ride (that replaced Dueling Dragons) is 10 hours long!!!! 

If you've been to Islands of Adventure, that means it goes all the way back from where Dueling Dragons was, nearly to the park turnstiles.

That's for a single ride in an already established, albeit very popular "land" in the park.

I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing the end of the Galaxy's Edge line out my front door... here in southern NH.

I saw a post that said the line was out to City Walk.  Not sure if that's closer or further than the turnstiles.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the line go to a Galaxy far, far away.

Long lines are here to stay I'm afraid. When Rene and I went to AK for an early extended hours rope drop by the time we got to the line for Flight of Passage the wait was four hours. WE didn't expect anything like that 9 months after it opened during the month of February. Sadly there are just too many people for too few marquee rides. 

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the line go to a Galaxy far, far away.

Long lines are here to stay I'm afraid. When Rene and I went to AK for an early extended hours rope drop by the time we got to the line for Flight of Passage the wait was four hours. WE didn't expect anything like that 9 months after it opened during the month of February. Sadly there are just too many people for too few marquee rides. 

That’s crazy!

we were there Memorial weekend and the line was about 1.5-2 hours long both times I visited AK. 

Luckily i had FPs both times. 

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

That’s crazy!

we were there Memorial weekend and the line was about 1.5-2 hours long both times I visited AK. 

Luckily i had FPs both times. 

I tried to get FPs and got on the website as soon as I could signup and Flight of Passage  was already fully booked. We ended up skipping it.

12 hours ago, Travisma said:

The wait was 10 hours for a 3 minute ride, and the park reached capacity at 9 am and was closed.

So if the park is at capacity and most of those people are in the 10 hour wait line, how much wait for the rest of the rides.  Would that be the time to go if you wanted to do everything else? 😃   

8 hours ago, Seals said:

So if the park is at capacity and most of those people are in the 10 hour wait line, how much wait for the rest of the rides.  Would that be the time to go if you wanted to do everything else? 😃   

That would be my thought!  'cause I'm not waiting in a 10 hour line for anything unless they're giving away loaded armored cars at the end.  ;)

On 6/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, Seals said:

Seems that logic is indeed sound! I'll be curious to see how it goes at WDW.

RIDE ON 

There are almost no queues at Disneyland because of the new Star Wars attraction – so go now

Kara Godfrey

• 20 Jun 2019, 14:09
  • Updated: 20 Jun 2019, 14:12

DISNEYLAND has almost no queues - even on some of the busiest rides - thanks to the new Star Wars attraction, which opened last month.

Guests who want an empty park for themselves should go now to make the most of it.

Disneyland guests are finding short or no queues in the main park
Disneyland guests are finding short or no queues in the main park

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opened on May 31, with more than 14 acres of rides and attractions and room for around 10,000 to 15,000 people.

However, fans flocking to the new land has resulted in the main park being almost empty, despite it being the busy summer season.

This has also meant short queues for popular rides that are normally extremely busy.

One guest said they went on Space Mountain three times in just 30 minutes - a ride where there are usually queues of over an hour.

Disneyland is empty af all rides are like a 20-30 min wait everyone’s @ galaxy’s edge 😎

Another guest remarked that they hadn't seen the park that empty during opening hours since he "was a kid".

Most rides had queue times under 30 minutes, such as It's A Small World, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout!.

Compared to June 2018, the average wait for Space Mountain was just 48 minutes instead of 62 minutes.

Splash Mountain has gone down from 49 minutes to just 28 minutes, while Indiana Jones and Matterhorn Bobsleds both were just 35 minutes compared to 46 minutes last year.

This is NO JOKE. Its June 1 and a Saturday. Wait times for E-ticket rides are 5-30 minutes. Disneyland is nearly empty because Disney has blacked-out all annual passholders. This will remain true till the end of June. So if there's any great time to go, it's now till JUN 23 😉

The empty parks are expected to last until June 23, when reservations for the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction are no longer needed.

Guests will then be able to be able to queue on the day to visit, as opposed to having a four-hour booking slot.

The empty park isn't just because of the new Star Wars land taking the guests.
Disneyland has also blocked Annual Passes from being used throughout the month thanks to a pass 'blackout', meaning pass holders who are affected are most likely not visiting.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/travel/4389221/star-wars-attraction-disneyland-no-queues-go-now/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1561031628