Is anyone making those light up buckets for their campsite?

My wife made one for us with Musket Mickey.

It I ever get our trip report done I'll post the picture.

She made a Tampa Bay Rays one for my daughter for her birthday.

We used a waterproof (overkill) puck type LED light with a remote control.  Can change the colors, flashing, fading, etc.

Submersible Led Lights, LinkBro [Multi Color Remote Controlled Submersible LED Lights - 4 Pack] LinkBro 10 LED IR Controlled Submersible Light, for Aquarium, Pond, Party, Halloween, Christmas Lighting

They were $15.99 for 4  from Amazon, but are currently unavailable (but there are a lot of similar ones by different names out there.

We got the buckets from Wally World (lids extra)

32 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I made one about 7 years ago it beat up now but still works. Buy the brightest led bulb you can and hang it as high as you can and it will light up you're site.

I originally wanted to use a 110 electric LED bulb, or a string of Christmas lights, but my wife wanted battery powered

9 hours ago, Beckers said:

Is it just a white bucket, a decal and a light?!? Seems simple enough for me to try.

I think so.  I was looking at one, on a site, a couple of weeks back.  I like how bright they are.  I don't have a cricket (which is what I think a lot of "crafty" people use), but I imagine I could buy a vinyl decal for not too expensive.  

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I made one about 7 years ago it beat up now but still works. Buy the brightest led bulb you can and hang it as high as you can and it will light up you're site.

Great idea!

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

I originally wanted to use a 110 electric LED bulb, or a string of Christmas lights, but my wife wanted battery powered

Battery powered would be a lot more versatile (and one less cord for me to trip over)

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Great idea!

Battery powered would be a lot more versatile (and one less cord for me to trip over)

It depends on what you want to use them for.  Battery power with changing colors and patterns is great for decorative purposes.  If you want it for “seeing” than 110 with a single bulb is probably better.  Or a couple of decent flashlights 🔦 might work.  Some of them are pretty bright

43 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It depends on what you want to use them for.  Battery power with changing colors and patterns is great for decorative purposes.  If you want it for “seeing” than 110 with a single bulb is probably better.  Or a couple of decent flashlights 🔦 might work.  Some of them are pretty bright

I'm thinking both - LOL!

Also thinking it could be a fun way to decorate a golf cart for Halloween if you go battery powered.

A few years ago at the Fort for Halloween, DH mounted some blue flashing lights to the roof of ours (because he's obsessed with lights).  I wasn't psyched about it - who are we, the fun police? - so I took 2 gallon jugs, drew ghost faces on them and popped them over the top. 

:ROFLMAO-1:

On a similar note, we were at Goodwill last night and I found a brand new square glass brick that already has a hole and plastic cap in the side for stuffing lights in it.

I'm going to get my wife to make a couple of vinyl decals for it, then put in some sort of lights.  

Good table lamp/decoration.

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

My wife made one that has a golf cart on it and the words "loopin' life" lol

Love it!!

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

On a similar note, we were at Goodwill last night and I found a brand new square glass brick that already has a hole and plastic cap in the side for stuffing lights in it.

I'm going to get my wife to make a couple of vinyl decals for it, then put in some sort of lights.  

Good table lamp/decoration.

Great idea!  

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:49 AM, Travisma said:

On 6/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Travisma said:

My wife made one for us with Musket Mickey.

Looks like a cool idea, I got my wife a cricket for Christmas. Do you have the musket mickey svg ?

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Beckers said:

I just got 2 buckets today! My friend is helping me with them.

We found a great light at Walmart.  It's a swimming pool light with remote control.  Has many settings and colors to choose from. 

Under 8 bucks, 2 AAA's. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-LED-Swimming-Pool-Wall-Light/353009980

14 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

We found a great light at Walmart.  It's a swimming pool light with remote control.  Has many settings and colors to choose from. 

Under 8 bucks, 2 AAA's. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-LED-Swimming-Pool-Wall-Light/353009980

If you have the time and PRIME, you can get 4 packs of similar lights for less than $20.